Is masturbation immoral?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:12:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is masturbation immoral?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Poll
Question: Is masturbation immoral?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 133

Author Topic: Is masturbation immoral?  (Read 29029 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2005, 04:27:32 AM »

Easy... have a weird fetish like a stuffed animal one.  Then you can fantasize all you want about making love with it.

Man, you are strange.  Whatever floats your boat, dude.  Just don't give away a sticky stuffed animal to some children's toy drive...
I don't have one!!!!  Not a stuffed animal one in any case... it is just an example.  Heh.
Anyhow, wouldn't that still be lusting, after that stuffed animal?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2005, 04:33:00 AM »

Oh, and on the Afghan thingy...
John Ford is right on the factual thingy, but he totally overlooks the fact that the hottest chicas in Afghanistan are Communist rebels.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2005, 11:02:12 AM »

Not really. Every topic even remotely related to sex always ends up about communism.
That's because Dakota Red replies to them.
Well, he actually started this one.

so that's your new nickname for me? How'd you come up with it?

And I don't think there are communist rebels in Afghanistan now, but if there was they would be where you'd have to look for hot girls since they wouldn't be wearing burkahs.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2005, 11:19:27 AM »

Not really. Every topic even remotely related to sex always ends up about communism.
That's because Dakota Red replies to them.
Well, he actually started this one.

so that's your new nickname for me? How'd you come up with it?

And I don't think there are communist rebels in Afghanistan now, but if there was they would be where you'd have to look for hot girls since they wouldn't be wearing burkahs.
There were some in the early 80s...anti-Soviet Communist rebels.
Of course, they all either died or went into exile in Western Europe within a couple of years.

Dakota Red sounds better than Dakota BRTD which sounds better than Antifa BRTD. Smiley In fact, Dakota Red sounds just great to me. Right out of a ...damn, what's Spätwestern in English?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2005, 12:15:05 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2005, 12:16:40 PM by opebo »

Well, I don't know - lets see what that noted Muslim Theocrat and ruler of Iraq Ali Al-Sistani has to say on the subject -
A Question and Answer on the subject from his web site:

No: 1
Question:If my wife wants me to masturbate in front of her, is it then allowed?

Answer:You are not allowed to do it with hand, but your wife is. 

No: 2
Question:Can woman cook for Nathr in monthly period?

Answer:Yes, it is permissible in both cases. 

No: 3
Question:Is it ok to delay namaaz for a majlis or matam?

Answer:Prayers offered on time are much better. {Meaning, there is more significance in them.} 

No: 4
Question:What does Islam say about masturbation? If a man is doing this what type of punishment will he deserve and how can he do\ get Tawba?

Answer:He has committed a forbidden act. Repentance would be sufficient for Tawbah. 

No: 5
Question:When I am unable to do Muta’h (temporary marriage), am I allowed to masturbate?

Answer:Masturbation is not permissible under any circumstances.

http://www.sistani.org/html/eng/main/index.php?page=4&lang=eng&part=1

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2005, 01:32:33 PM »

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2005, 02:20:27 PM »

I certainly do do it, but it is not something I am really proud of.  It is more like simply serving a raw human desire that, if I were a better person, I would be able to control.

Dude, nobody can control it.  That's one area where I don't agree with the Catholic Church, trying to lay guilt on people for necessarily body functions.  You might as well feel guilty about needing to take a piss.

Undoubtedly there are those who can, though it takes extreme discipline.

Fot the most part, I agree, however.

You think you are just going to sit there all "backed up" and wait for that perfect, conservative prissy girl.  DREAM ON PAL! 

You...telling people how they have to get girls? Oh this is good...continue...
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2005, 08:45:39 PM »

I certainly do do it, but it is not something I am really proud of.  It is more like simply serving a raw human desire that, if I were a better person, I would be able to control.

Dude, nobody can control it.  That's one area where I don't agree with the Catholic Church, trying to lay guilt on people for necessarily body functions.  You might as well feel guilty about needing to take a piss.

Supersoulty, you're a good guy and some girl may be very lucky some day but for crying out loud masturbation is for your own sanity.  You think you are just going to sit there all "backed up" and wait for that perfect, conservative prissy girl.  DREAM ON PAL!  Those types go for bad asses that have been eating out girls in junior high and having sex by their sophomore year in HS.

Flyers2005, I'm afraid I think you're right.  I've noticed this myself.  When the real prissy girls finally get interested in sex, they usually go for the badazz guys.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2005, 09:25:44 PM »

You guys have ruined a great thread with all this arguing over communism in Afghanistan.  What does that have to do with choking the chicken (or bopping the baloney, etc.).

How many euphemisms can we come up with for the act of sexual self-stimulation.  I just came up with two.

Spanking the salami
Cuffing the carrot
Flogging the log
Smoking the chicken (like choking but with GUSTO!)
Pounding the pud
Beating the meat
Whipping willie (the one eyed wonder worm)

Well, I am now thoroughly disgusted... can we delete this entire thread to save Dave some space?

Wow NewFederalist, for an old guy you indeed know a lot of strange things that are reserved for 14-year old boys with too many hormones.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2005, 09:28:29 PM »

You guys have ruined a great thread with all this arguing over communism in Afghanistan.  What does that have to do with choking the chicken (or bopping the baloney, etc.).

How many euphemisms can we come up with for the act of sexual self-stimulation.  I just came up with two.

Spanking the salami
Cuffing the carrot
Flogging the log
Pounding the pud
Beating the meat

Well, I am now thoroughly disgusted... can we delete this entire thread to save Dave some space?

Wow NewFederalist, for an old guy you indeed know a lot of strange things that are reserved for 14-year old boys with too many hormones.

Don't forget I spent over 30 years in the Navy! Funny what you would do at sea before crews became dual gendered.

You've been everywhere and done it all NewFederalist. Smiley
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2005, 09:47:01 PM »

Spanking the salami
Cuffing the carrot
Flogging the log
Pounding the pud
Beating the meat

Thanks for the new terms.  A few of them I never heard before.

30 years in the navy?  Were you ever in submarines?  My old mailman, whom I was good friends with, was in submarines, and he told me some pretty funny stories about how the guys "entertained" themselves during the periods when they were underwater.  He told me a lot of hilarious stuff.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2005, 10:02:18 PM »

Flogging the Bishop
Spanking the monkey

Thanks for the terms, States.  It's funny how many ways we have to say things in the English language when the clinical term is taboo.

One term I find pretty funny is "one-eyed trouser snake."  People make up ingenious terms for everyday things.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2005, 04:09:50 AM »

You think you are just going to sit there all "backed up" and wait for that perfect, conservative prissy girl.  DREAM ON PAL! 

You...telling people how they have to get girls? Oh this is good...continue...

I'm terrible at meeting women, but I will say I'm a good observer and dazzleman has pointed that out (thank you by the way).  The main topic was really about masturbation and why soulty shouldn't be all squeamish about it so as to save his well "cream" for marriage with some prissy conservative girl I know he's wanting to marry.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2005, 04:18:57 AM »

Supersoulty, you're a good guy and some girl may be very lucky some day but for crying out loud masturbation is for your own sanity.  You think you are just going to sit there all "backed up" and wait for that perfect, conservative prissy girl.  DREAM ON PAL!  Those types go for bad asses that have been eating out girls in junior high and having sex by their sophomore year in HS.

Flyers2005, I'm afraid I think you're right.  I've noticed this myself.  When the real prissy girls finally get interested in sex, they usually go for the badazz guys.

What's usually attracted to me are older women.  One woman about 40 put her hand on my thigh in a bar.. EWWW!!!  What have I done to deserve that in a bar? 

Interestingly I've noticed these prissy type girls even at YDA events.  Just thought I'd make that note.  Thing is you and I and many others are attracted to these types, but the thing is you think you're not preppy enough for them, but in fact you're not grungy enough and perhaps too preppy.  I tend to have an in-between laid back style, not grungy or preppy.  I think that may be part of my problem.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2005, 04:23:57 AM »
« Edited: February 23, 2005, 04:30:31 AM by dazzleman »

What's usually attracted to me are older women.  One woman about 40 put her hand on my thigh in a bar.. EWWW!!!  What have I done to deserve that in a bar? 

Interestingly I've noticed these prissy type girls even at YDA events.  Just thought I'd make that note.  Thing is you and I and many others are attracted to these types, but the thing is you think you're not preppy enough for them, but in fact you're not grungy enough and perhaps too preppy.  I tend to have an in-between laid back style, not grungy or preppy.  I think that may be part of my problem.

Dude, don't knock older women.  A woman about 40 is near her sexual peak, and she's not going to play any games.  She knows what she wants and goes right after it, something you don't usually get with young girls.  If she's reasonably attractive, and plenty of women that age are, I sure as hell wouldn't kick her out of my bed, if I were you.

Some may even be willing to pay you, but that's the subject of a different thread....
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2005, 04:28:23 AM »

Dude, don't know older women.  A woman about 40 is near her sexual peak, and she's not going to play any games.  She knows what she wants and goes right after it, something you don't usually get with young girls.  If she's reasonably attractive, and plenty of women that age are, I sure as hell wouldn't kick her out of my bed, if I were you.

Some may even be willing to pay you, but that's the subject of a different thread....

Young girls are weird.  They are mostly physically attractive, but know they're the toast of the town and will try to get whatever they can.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2005, 04:35:55 AM »
« Edited: February 23, 2005, 09:02:39 AM by dazzleman »

Young girls are weird.  They are mostly physically attractive, but know they're the toast of the town and will try to get whatever they can.

Very true.  At young ages, the balance of power between the sexes favors women.  Guys are so f'king horny at that age, women have not reached their sexual peak yet, and they have what the guys want, and at that point the guys are more desperate for it than they are.  If they're hot, they have a lot of power.

As people age, guys start to develop the upper hand.  While men are always interested in sex generally, the desperation of the 18-21 year old guy fades somewhat, and women move toward their sexual peak in the 35 year old range.  Guys who are a little older also have more to offer women in certain areas than a young guy - namely, money, and the things it can buy.  Also, as people age, guys generally find it much easier to be with a younger woman than the reverse.

So many of the young girls who don't choose wisely when the have they looks will end up coming to grief later.  If they choose a good man, they could be set for a long time.  But if they jerk guys around, and end up going with a bad-boy loser, it will come back to haunt them.  Those are the woman who'll be putting their hand in a 20-year-old guy's lap in 20 years...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2005, 08:19:31 AM »

Yeah! Go Ali Al Sistani! At least there's some legal fun in Sistani's Iraq!

You must be logged in to read this quote.
What's Nathr? And what's the other case he's speaking about?

So I suppose that means it's advisable to interrupt sex at prayer time, but not absolutely required...it is okay to keep shagging and pray afterwards. Go Ali Al Sistani again!

Okay. Next time I masturbate I will repent afterwards.

...but easily forgivable.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2005, 09:07:14 AM »

The 14-year-old boy with too many hormones becomes the man, often with too many hormones.  In any case, the man doesn't forget all the stuff he learned as a 14-year-old boy.  There's a part of every man that remains that out of control boy.  I hope that part of me never fades away.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2005, 12:08:57 PM »

Spanking the salami
Cuffing the carrot
Flogging the log
Pounding the pud
Beating the meat

Been laughing out loud at that last one for a while now!
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2005, 01:17:31 AM »

Yeah! Go Ali Al Sistani! At least there's some legal fun in Sistani's Iraq!

What's Nathr? And what's the other case he's speaking about?

So I suppose that means it's advisable to interrupt sex at prayer time, but not absolutely required...it is okay to keep shagging and pray afterwards. Go Ali Al Sistani again!

Okay. Next time I masturbate I will repent afterwards.

...but easily forgivable.

Even though I disagree quite a bit with your foreign policy views, Lewis, this reply of yours was absolutely hilarious! Grin

And to think all of you lefties were concerned about Sistani...
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2005, 03:39:46 PM »

I won't participate in the euphemism game: it's too gross.

I do know that rural ("kuntree") Southern blacks masturbate the least, while suburban mid-Atlantic whites masturbate the most. For a few country southern blacks, masturbation isn't even a thought: as soon as they reach sexual awareness, they have sex, thus leading to the outrageous (pre-)teenage birth/abortion rates among the poor rural South.

But teaching masturbation techniques to nine year olds to halt the teenage pregnancy rate seems more than a little perverse to me.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2005, 04:45:55 PM »

I do know that rural ("kuntree") Southern blacks masturbate the least, while suburban mid-Atlantic whites masturbate the most. For a few country southern blacks, masturbation isn't even a thought: as soon as they reach sexual awareness, they have sex, thus leading to the outrageous (pre-)teenage birth/abortion rates among the poor rural South.

Wow, cool!  Though I don't know how you know this.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2005, 06:56:45 PM »

He is right however.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2005, 06:58:44 PM »

He is right however.

At first, until I reread that, I thought it was a racial stereotype. But it isn't: that makes perfect sense. They are the most poor, uneducated group in the U.S. This has little to do with race, and more to do with socioeconomic cultures.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies