Is masturbation immoral?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:42:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is masturbation immoral?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Poll
Question: Is masturbation immoral?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 133

Author Topic: Is masturbation immoral?  (Read 28974 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2005, 11:49:23 PM »
« edited: February 20, 2005, 11:52:18 PM by dazzleman »

Question for me is 2-3 times a day immoral?  Or how many times before I get "blue balls?"

Whacking off doesn't give you blue balls, man.  Blue balls come from continued sexual excitement without release.  In other words, if you were getting woodies for a long time without release, that would lead to blue balls.  Masturbation prevents blue balls.

Have fun.

This is a major problem I get at work.

Dude, if you're getting blue balls at work, you must either (a) be working with a bunch of unbelievably attractive women; or (b) need to get laid a lot more often.  Probably (b).

Man, you're really making me laugh tonight.  It's great to be 21 and have a flag that salutes almost anything on a moment's notice.

What's really funny is when you have a woody that won't go down, and you need to get up and walk around for some reason.  It's not so noticeable when a guy is sitting, but it becomes painfully obvious when he gets up.  This happened to me not too long ago on the train on the way to work.  An attractive woman sat near me, and I got a woody that would not go down.  The train arrived at its destination, and I had to get up.  Luckily, it went down right before that.  Ah, the pitfalls of being a man.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2005, 11:51:45 PM »

the biggest problem isn't coworkers, it's just thinking. I have to try really hard to keep my mind off sex at work.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2005, 11:53:12 PM »

the biggest problem isn't coworkers, it's just thinking. I have to try really hard to keep my mind off sex at work.

Take care of your "needs" in the morning before you leave for work.  Aren't you worried that thinking about things other than work too much could affect your job performance?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2005, 11:54:13 PM »

I'm a typist, I just have to type stuff off orders I get.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2005, 12:00:25 AM »

I'm a typist, I just have to type stuff off orders I get.

Well, I guess as long as you're sitting, it doesn't really matter.  This whole discussion is pretty funny.  We all have these issues - why should it be so taboo to talk about it?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2005, 12:01:10 AM »

The women where I work are very unattractive.  YDA fundraisers and Meetups have some very attractive women plus the added bonus they're liberal Democrats.  Ironically, I don't get that way at Clubs and bars.  I guess women are more attractive when they can actually talk and say something intelligent instead of screaming to their friends.  This is part of the reason I'd much rather sleep with Flavia Colgan than Jessica Simpson.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2005, 12:01:40 AM »

I did... Cheesy just picking.. As long as you are not lusting then its not a sin.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2005, 12:02:04 AM »

I did... Cheesy just picking.. As long as you are not lusting then its not a sin.

how is it possible to do so without lusting?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2005, 12:02:58 AM »

Just don't think about anything...
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2005, 12:03:04 AM »

You and my dad should get together and maybe you can compare notes with him about how much of an "anti-family" hornball I am!
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2005, 12:04:09 AM »

The women where I work are very unattractive.  YDA fundraisers and Meetups have some very attractive women plus the added bonus they're liberal Democrats.  Ironically, I don't get that way at Clubs and bars.  I guess women are more attractive when they can actually talk and say something intelligent instead of screaming to their friends.  This is part of the reason I'd much rather sleep with Flavia Colgan than Jessica Simpson.

Well, you can talk to the women at the fundraisers, plus you know you have something in common with them.  I hate clubs because you can't even talk to anybody there.

I think you should do Ann Coulter, though.  Why limit yourself to liberal Democrats?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2005, 12:04:19 AM »

You and my dad should get together and maybe you can compare notes with him about how much of an "anti-family" hornball I am!
HuhHuh??
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2005, 12:04:53 AM »

That makes doing it kind of difficult to begin with.

The only way I can see it being acceptable to fundies is if you're fantasizing about your wife, meaning that according to them if you're unmarried you're not supposed to do anything sexual ever. That's basically hell anyway.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2005, 12:05:36 AM »

Good point.  I never believed that lusting was sinful.  What a person does with lust might be sinful, but lust is part of life.  You couldn't avoid it if you wanted to.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2005, 12:06:58 AM »

The only way I can see it being acceptable to fundies is if you're fantasizing about your wife, meaning that according to them if you're unmarried you're not supposed to do anything sexual ever. That's basically hell anyway.

nah... then how would teenagers do it? It is good for you anyways...
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2005, 12:07:03 AM »

Well, you can talk to the women at the fundraisers, plus you know you have something in common with them.  I hate clubs because you can't even talk to anybody there.

I think you should do Ann Coulter, though.  Why limit yourself to liberal Democrats?

It's funny the women at bars and clubs are probably just as much if not mroe physically attractive than at a fundraiser, but I feel my chances are better at fundraisers and I get to find more interesting women that aren't just shaking their asses in low cut jeans and stumbling all over the place.  Wow, my revelation of the day!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2005, 12:07:22 AM »

Because she probably has a penis.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2005, 12:09:08 AM »

[

I think I have a more nuanced view of sex than you do.

I think it would be very difficult in this day and age, when we mature earlier and marry later by necessity, to have absolutely no sexual activity outside of marriage, including masturbation.  This would be virtually impossible for any type of normal person.

But I also see the point that stricter Christians make about the destructiveness of uncontrolled sex.  I don't think this should just be dismissed.

I look at sex like fire and water.  Use them properly and control them, and they will enhance your life greatly.  Allow them to get out of control, and they bring untold misery.  Sex is a lot like that, and the "fundies" as you call them want people to control their sexual urges.  It is basically a positive thing, but we also have to be realistic about the human body, especially the male body.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2005, 12:09:17 AM »

I'm sorry, but hardcore leftist girls aren't that hot. A lot of them are kind of weird and stuff.. feminists are bad news.

Crazy Republican girls are the best... particularly when they make out with each other. Somehow that happened in my apt. a couple weeks ago, have to figure out a way to repeat.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2005, 12:10:33 AM »

So does Hillary Clinton.  Would that stop you from doing her?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2005, 12:11:10 AM »

I'm sorry, but hardcore leftist girls aren't that hot. A lot of them are kind of weird and stuff.. feminists are bad news.

Crazy Republican girls are the best... particularly when they make out with each other. Somehow that happened in my apt. a couple weeks ago, have to figure out a way to repeat.

Republican girls are hot.. just come to my school.. all the ugly girls are dems and the very hot girls are reps..
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2005, 12:11:35 AM »

I also don't want a political crossfire in a relationship.  During one of the few times I was actually forced to go to Mass becasue I just wanted to avoid an argument, there was actually a very attractive girl speaking at the end of (Catholic) Mass for about 25 minutes regarding (you'll love this KPhil) Generation Life.  She was about 2-3 years younger than me and a gorgeous brunette from LaSalle University.  Needless to say I though she was a priss, amde sarcastic remarks in my head the whoel time and didn't agree with a word she said.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2005, 12:12:46 AM »

I agree with you.  Left-wing women usually harbor resentment toward men that will come out in one way or another.  Their whole philosophy is based on the notion that men have abused and oppressed them for centuries - deep down, how could they really like us?

Conservative women, in my experience, generally have much healthier relationships with men because their conservatism is free of doctrinaire resentment toward men.  That is my opinion anyway.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2005, 12:13:33 AM »

Republican girls are hot.. just come to my school.. all the ugly girls are dems and the very hot girls are reps..

I've noticed this also...
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2005, 12:14:37 AM »

So what the hell do you do? Go up to every hot girl you see and ask about her politics?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies