I'm going to Disney World!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:30:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm going to Disney World!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm going to Disney World!  (Read 676 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 01, 2013, 11:58:30 AM »

Okay, since Bushie shares every detail of his life and travel plans here, I will share something I have been planning for a while:  I'm going to Disney World, for Gay Days!

Gay Days takes place across 4 days, May 30-June 2.  Thursday is the Animal Kingdom (looking forward to the new Everest roller coaster), Friday is Hollywood Studios, Saturday is the Magic Kingdom, and Sunday is Epcot.  I've spent a lot of time at their website, planning shows, attractions, restaurants, etc.  I guess we're supposed to wear red, to show that we're part of the gay crowd.

I can't wait!  Cheesy
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 12:11:17 PM »

Have fun.

I've never been there.  Been to DisneyLand, and I've driven past Disney World, but never went inside.  I guess at some point the boy is going to want me to take him, but I won't bring it up if he doesn't. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 12:16:44 PM »

I guess at some point the boy is going to want me to take him, but I won't bring it up if he doesn't. 

Yeah, at his age I'm surprised he hasn't brought it up.  As soon as his buddies at school start raving about the place, he'll bring it up.  Going on Gay Days might take some explaining, but the weeks in between Thanksgiving and Christmas are the best.  Hang out at the London pub at Epcot and let Mrs. angus tote the boy around for a while.  Bring a coat for the evening though.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 12:50:09 PM »

Only been to Disneyland Paris but always had a great fun there. No need for any gay days, just go to Paris for that Cheesy
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 01:17:26 PM »

I haven't been to Disney World in 19 years when my brother was graduating from Navy Boot Camp in 1994 in Orlando.  We went to the Magic Kingdom, but it wasn't near as developed as it is today and there were large open spaces with a lot of "coming soon" signs.  My friends always take their 3 kids to Disney World every June, this June being no exception.  They go to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Universal Studios, and all the different parks.

I would really like to go again.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 05:19:15 PM »

I've never been to any of the Disney theme parks, although I should probably put that on the bucket list.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 11:39:36 PM »

I've been to Disney World exactly once, back in the days when they still used tickets for the rides.  Nice enough place, but my biggest memory was of what happened when we left.  It was pouring rain and when we got off the tram, both me and my brother hightailed it to the station wagon (yup it was long enough ago this was in the pre-SUV days as well) leaving mom soaking in the downpour, not quite certain where the car was. It wasn't until we both got there we realized what happened and after my brother opened up the car for me, he went to go get mom.  (Dad had been unable to accompany us on that trip.) Needless to say, she was not pleased. Indeed, not pleased was quite an understatement.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 11:45:07 PM »

I've been to Disney World exactly once, back in the days when they still used tickets for the rides.  Nice enough place, but my biggest memory was of what happened when we left.  It was pouring rain and when we got off the tram, both me and my brother hightailed it to the station wagon (yup it was long enough ago this was in the pre-SUV days as well) leaving mom soaking in the downpour, not quite certain where the car was. It wasn't until we both got there we realized what happened and after my brother opened up the car for me, he went to go get mom.  (Dad had been unable to accompany us on that trip.) Needless to say, she was not pleased. Indeed, not pleased was quite an understatement.

And, you're still alive?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 04:53:15 AM »

Isn't Disney gay enough?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 02:27:27 PM »

Last I heard it has gay pride days every now and then, not sure of the frequency, but everyone deserves to have fun!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 02:33:16 PM »

Sorry, but this sounds like torture..
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 02:39:52 PM »

What does?  Partying with the gayz or going to Disney World, or both?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 02:42:02 PM »

What does?  Partying with the gayz or going to Disney World, or both?

Going to Disney World.  I don't like those kind of places. 
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 10:28:35 PM »

Well, the big day is finally almost here...flight takes off at 10:30 am.  I'll post a few pictures here when I get back.

I intend to have a blast!!!  Cheesy
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 11:31:43 PM »

Disney is ok.... But I guess it is different if you are thousands of miles away and it's a once in a lifetime trip, it's probably different.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 12:31:38 PM »

Okay well, I'm having some trouble uploading photos to the Forum, so this is the only picture I am going to post here.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies