SENATE BILL: ...Mental Health Reform Act of 2013 (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:10:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: ...Mental Health Reform Act of 2013 (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: ...Mental Health Reform Act of 2013 (Failed)  (Read 7528 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: June 29, 2013, 01:15:33 AM »

Does Hagrid's idea in the Rail act have cross-applicability as far as apportioning resources to the regions to build facilities?

Why don't we just build the facilities ourselves? This is a federal program operated by the executive branch.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 05:22:20 PM »

Because the health administration authorities or whatever they are called, in a bill you heavily admended and should thus be family with, while being federally operated, have bounders that are the same as those of the regions. Therefore someone has to decided who gets how many facilities, or how much money to build facilities.

I'm familiar, but the federal government already decides how much money goes to each CHP, so wouldn't we just include it all together?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 09:15:04 AM »

I think we made a mistake when he made the SoIA part of the Game Moderation team, and to some extent also with the SoEA.

Haha, yeah, I know.

I probably do know how to fix these posts and probably could if appointed to one of them and I am sure Nix, Nappy and others do as well even if they don't realize it yet, but there is no way I could manage that on top of normal Senate duties. And no offence to Nappy, I don't think he could either, or even well reknowned energy bunny, Scott, could last long in such a dual role.

You're probably right, but we've got to come up with something to improve the situation.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 10:36:26 AM »

I call for a final vote.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 01:43:20 AM »

I am tempted to file a motion to table. I don't think that we should allow an incomplete (or worse, effectively blank) bill to hit the Senate floor, much less occupy a slot for multiple weeks. Do either of you expect that you'll be able to flesh this out within the next couple of days?

Ha.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 04:17:32 PM »

Aye
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 08:48:39 PM »

Aye

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 01:38:08 PM »

Lol
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 02:36:27 PM »

This isn't failing and the concerns could be addressed if they were made clear at any point. The President didn't follow the debate (no excuse) and could have presented a redraft (chose not to) or could have actually raised specific concerns so that the Senate could resume debate (chose not to). My fear is that this veto is more personal than political and I know that I am not alone in holding that opinion.

Considering how past Presidents have been treated for less, I am surprised there isn't an eruption of faux outrage on cue.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 05:48:05 PM »

I hope Polnut and anyone else remaining votes Aye on this override. I know Senator Polnut in particular has a history of being a leader on mental health issues so I am surprised he is wavering. I know its hard to go against a president from your party guys but look at the facts. Mental illness is a leading cause of poverty. Mental illness brings much higher rates of homelessness, unemployment, dropout rates, divorce, substance abuse, and violent crime.

With a strong infrastructure and a small investment that this bill provides, we will strengthen our society and reenergize the war on poverty. I've been critical of the process that led to this bill, it took way too long to get to this point but starting from scratch would only be worse. This is a good bill that is not overly complex. Voting to uphold a veto would only be kicking the can down the road and turning your backs on millions of the most vulnerable Atlasians to make a political statement. That, I believe, is unacceptable.

Is this what we have become as a legislative body? A group of disinterested do-nothings? I hope not. Let's pass this andwe can make targeted adjustments as necessary if called for. But to do nothing is a waste of a great opportunity andwould truly be shameful.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 09:51:42 PM »

It is because of my background and experience on this issue, as to why this is such a difficult vote.

What do you think the flaws are for this bill? I wish your concerns were voiced during the debate period. Yankee was basically talking to himself in this thread.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies