Opinion of jmfcst's sock accounts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:37:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of jmfcst's sock accounts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of jmfcst's sock accounts
FS

HS

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: Opinion of jmfcst's sock accounts  (Read 3075 times)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2015, 05:20:54 PM »

Voted FS on the original poll for some reason...it's pathetic at this point. Some people just need to take a hint. While Jmfcst is heralded as a folk hero around these parts--i'll admit I was caught in this wave when he was initially banned--he's become almost like the forum's Napoleon Bonaparte, at least towards the end of his life.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2015, 07:08:53 PM »

A majority of forumites apparently just want to keep the Mods busy, perhaps so they have less time to poke their noses elsewhere. Tongue

In any event, the jmfcst's socks have zero tolerance in the Cave (a unanimous point of view I might add in a venue where often there is no unanimity). The subject socks  will be exorcised with dispatch. Thanks.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2015, 07:14:13 PM »

The lengths to which he goes to evade his ban is sad. Very, very sad.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2015, 08:03:55 PM »

What "lengths"? It takes like sixty seconds to register a new account.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2015, 09:15:21 PM »

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2015, 11:12:37 PM »

See, I to this day have never quite understood is why he was banned in the first place- and I was here when it happened! I'm quite sure this has been explained dozens of times, but my (very hazy) impression is that he was making comments, of a religious derivation, that were increasingly considered offensive, particularly to a certain- ah- large segment of the forum. I'm not quite sure whether they really became as sharply "homophobic" as I would think they would need to be for a ban to be merited or if the "evolution" of people on here cast him in an increasingly harsh light. I assume it was a bit of both.

The thing is that I never actually saw any of these posts. I get the impression that they were mainly posted on the Religion and Philosophy board, but again, that's just a vague idea in my I head. I'd say something about comparing it to the abuse hurled by people like HockeyDude and Memphis on anything they consider religious, but I'm not even sure if my version of events is remotely close to what happened. While I personally see his socks as lacking any sort of the elements that make socks bad- the bad faith, the duplicity, the ill intention- and I don't see any reason why he ought to remain banned, I understand that, to paraphrase Torie, "moderator time is sacred", and that he's wasted a lot of their time and for that reason alone will remained banned.

Oh well. I liked him.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2015, 12:49:09 AM »

Dull, just like his original incarnation.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2015, 01:28:46 PM »

I don't believe I was a mod when Jmfcst was initially banned, but I do know that when he was banned he had amassed over 100 reported, infracted and modified posts. He clearly knows the rules, and intentionally broke them for "fun," to "push the envelope" and otherwise tempt the moderation team into banning him at a time when moderators were loathe to ban anyone.

In the time since I've been a mod, he's created at least 10 sock accounts that I've noticed with the sole purpose of trolling (typically on the topic of homosexuality). He shows absolutely no respect for, or intention to follow, the rules. He's the Atlas equivalent of a prisoner who continuously tries to break out of jail and throws his own feces at guards and visitors.

And yes, Jmfcst's most egregious posts are immediately scrubbed when found, and many of his socks are crushed and banned before most people notice they exist. It shouldn't come as much of a surprise that the moderation team sees everything, while everyday posters can only see his posts for the 45 minutes in which it takes us to find and delete them.

While I personally see his socks as lacking any sort of the elements that make socks bad- the bad faith, the duplicity, the ill intention- and I don't see any reason why he ought to remain banned,

Well, you would be the resident expert on creating socks with said bad elements.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies