What % would The Update get on Rotten Tomatoes?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:33:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What % would The Update get on Rotten Tomatoes?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What % would The Update get on Rotten Tomatoes?  (Read 3342 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 07, 2013, 01:05:49 AM »

Feel free to give a overall % or a % by season/story arc.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 01:11:30 AM »

-∞
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 01:17:21 AM »

Season 1 - 67% (believed to be some kind of satire/mockumentary)
Season 2 - 50%
Season 3 - 42%
Season 4 - 30%
Season 5 - 19% (when it turns into a pure cult classic)
Season 6 - 9%
Season 7 - 3%

Series average of 31%
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 01:35:45 AM »

I forget what the individual seasons correspond to. We just started season 7 of course. I think Season 1 was the new job arc? And then season 2 was Susan?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 01:46:59 AM »

I need to know which arc we are corresponding to each season to answer. Season 5 with the move to Utah would probably be in the single digits though. Season 6 would be around 20% with most reviews saying "it's bad, but it's better than the one that came before."
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 01:56:05 AM »

Season 4 was the move to Utah I think? That was the dreadfully boring season. I feel like season 5 and 6 happened in the last two months.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 02:23:38 AM »

In the negatives.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 09:43:36 AM »

Okay, these are the threads I found with a quick search:

Update (July 2009 - Sept 2009)     
     The end of the Tiffanye relationship; also includes a short-lived spinoff series about AHDuke's Asian mistress (cancelled after one season).

Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma (January 2010 - May 2011) and I may have a new job pretty soon!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring) (July 2010)
      The beginning, middle, and end of the Susan relationship. The search for a new job after the quitting ONG for that New Zealand scam. Bushie becomes a door-to-door Ameriplan salesman. Bushie becomes a door-to-door vacuum salesman. Bushie's cat scratches him; he breaks down in tears. Bushie finally gets serious about his weight loss. He gets a job at a Sprint call center. The season ends on a cliffhanger: will he get the Dell temp job or not? This is probably the peak of the BushOklahoma saga.

I have a HUGE opportunity (Attention Whoring)1 (November 2011 - October 2012)     
     The season begins with news of Bushie's upcoming Kenya trip. The Kenya storyline dominates much of the season, including the news that he is now a father of two and a brief malaria scare once back in the states. Bushie considers quitting Dell to work at AT&T, but God ensures he is hired permanently at Dell just days before he leaves for Kenya. His lifelong career at Dell begins. Bushie is let go from Dell. He finds a job at Xerox. Bushie finally gets serious about his weight loss. Bushie gets a big promotion at Xerox, with news of a move to Utah. In a surprise twist, this turns out to all be a lie and he is no longer working at Xerox. A new job search begins and a big move takes place.

Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (October 2012 - February 2013)
     Bushie begins life anew in Utah. Bushie finally gets serious about his weight loss. He learns the joys of voluntary time-off as he becomes acclimated to his new job. Bushie stays up too late playing Monopoly and misses church. Bushie hazards the elements as he is forced to deal with months of intermittent snowfall.

Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V (February 2013 - March 2013)     
     This season charts Bushie's final days in Utah, before his sudden move back to Oklahoma to watch over his house and live with his parents. Bushie finally gets serious about his weight loss. Bushie begins planning his next Kenya trip.

Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning" (March 2013 - April 2013)     
     Bushie succumbs to the deadly sin of sloth. Inks and Bushie argue incessantly. Bushie finally gets serious about his weight loss. Bushie begins to take short walks, but doesn't forget about his need for the occasional "brief relaxation." Bushie's family comes to visit for weeks on end.

Update Season VII: "The OK Corral" (May 2013 - Present)
     The newest season begins with an itinerary.

1Later renamed "As Bushie's World Turns."
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 09:45:16 AM »

So if I had to rate them:

Season 1: B+
Season 2: A
Season 3: A-
Season 4: C+
Season 5: B
Season 6: C
Season 7: too early to tell...
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 02:11:56 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2013, 02:18:40 PM by memphis »

The proper title for Season 2 is An update on the life of your in-house Reverand Smiley Also, the thread begins very abruptly. Is the introduction lost? That would be a shame.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 03:13:48 PM »

Ah, wait! There's this thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=97023.0

That seems to be the very beginning of the Update saga, though it's very short.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 03:30:25 PM »

Okay, these are the threads I found with a quick search:

The end of the Tiffanye relationship; also includes a short-lived spinoff series about AHDuke's Asian mistress (cancelled after one season).

Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma (January 2010 - May 2011) and I may have a new job pretty soon!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring) (July 2010)
      The beginning, middle, and end of the Susan relationship. The search for a new job after the quitting ONG for that New Zealand scam. Bushie becomes a door-to-door Ameriplan salesman. Bushie becomes a door-to-door vacuum salesman. Bushie's cat scratches him; he breaks down in tears. Bushie finally gets serious about his weight loss. He gets a job at a Sprint call center. The season ends on a cliffhanger: will he get the Dell temp job or not? This is probably the peak of the BushOklahoma saga.

I have a HUGE opportunity (Attention Whoring)1 (November 2011 - October 2012)     
     The season begins with news of Bushie's upcoming Kenya trip. The Kenya storyline dominates much of the season, including the news that he is now a father of two and a brief malaria scare once back in the states. Bushie considers quitting Dell to work at AT&T, but God ensures he is hired permanently at Dell just days before he leaves for Kenya. His lifelong career at Dell begins. Bushie is let go from Dell. He finds a job at Xerox. Bushie finally gets serious about his weight loss. Bushie gets a big promotion at Xerox, with news of a move to Utah. In a surprise twist, this turns out to all be a lie and he is no longer working at Xerox. A new job search begins and a big move takes place.

Bushie begins life anew in Utah. Bushie finally gets serious about his weight loss. He learns the joys of voluntary time-off as he becomes acclimated to his new job. Bushie stays up too late playing Monopoly and misses church. Bushie hazards the elements as he is forced to deal with months of intermittent snowfall.

This season charts Bushie's final days in Utah, before his sudden move back to Oklahoma to watch over his house and live with his parents. Bushie finally gets serious about his weight loss. Bushie begins planning his next Kenya trip.

Bushie succumbs to the deadly sin of sloth. Inks and Bushie argue incessantly. Bushie finally gets serious about his weight loss. Bushie begins to take short walks, but doesn't forget about his need for the occasional "brief relaxation." Bushie's family comes to visit for weeks on end.

1Later renamed "As Bushie's World Turns."

Excellent work, Lief!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 03:46:11 PM »

Don't forget there's also the Lost Season, it got deleted but BRTD managed to save a pdf of it at the last minute
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 04:06:29 PM »

Ah, the lost season explains the big gap between seasons 2 and 3. Hopefully BRTD uploads it somewhere so I can complete my list!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2013, 06:17:09 PM »

The first three would be highly regarded.  The rest would be direct to video with few reviews.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 06:28:04 PM »

I've updated the list with the latest breaking research:

Can you feel the love tonight?? (Warning: Attn Whoring) (June 2009)
     Bushie meets Tiffanye, literally decides to marry her the next day. (This is considered a prologue, not season 1).

The end of the Tiffanye relationship. Also includes a short-lived spinoff series about AHDuke's Asian mistress (cancelled after one season).

An update on the life of your in-house Reverand Sad)1 (January 2010 - May 2011) and I may have a new job pretty soon!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring) (July 2010)

Update Season 2.5: The Lost Season??? (June 2011 - October 2011)
     Plot summary lost to the mists of time.

I have a HUGE opportunity (Attention Whoring)2 (November 2011 - October 2012)      

1Later renamed "Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma."
2Later renamed "As Bushie's World Turns."
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 06:28:51 PM »

Damn. Rereading some of this old stuff shows me how thoroughly life has beaten down Bushie in just a few years. He was so enthusiastic in the early days. Seems like he's given up on everything since. Dating, working, even his church to a considerable degree. He still goes of course, but the thrill is clearly gone. Dude needs something to get excited about. That's where the quality episodes come from.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 07:39:44 PM »

I believe BRTD has a PDF of the lost Update. He needs to upload that.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 07:43:21 PM »

So Bushie had an ex-fiancee before any Updates? Interesting.

I think I may have known that but don' really remember.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 09:15:05 PM »

I believe BRTD has a PDF of the lost Update. He needs to upload that.

http://speedy.sh/seCmS/thelostupdate.pdf
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2013, 10:03:04 PM »

Thank you BRTD! By the way, does anyone remember when the Rainbow Play Systems arc was? Where he told everyone on facebook that he was getting a job installing playgrounds or something but it was really just another vacuum scam? That was one of the great stories.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2013, 12:39:56 AM »

Thank you BRTD! By the way, does anyone remember when the Rainbow Play Systems arc was? Where he told everyone on facebook that he was getting a job installing playgrounds or something but it was really just another vacuum scam? That was one of the great stories.

If I remember my Bushie sequence of events properly, I think that was in the Lost Season.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2013, 12:43:44 AM »

The vacuum scams were the best part of the series.  It seems like just yesterday I was typing this into Google after he was telling us about how he did all his homework on Kirby and it wasn't another scam:

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 10:00:18 AM »

Actually, it would be useful if PDFs were made of all the Updates.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2013, 12:19:21 PM »

Online only fan extras.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies