Abducted women found in Ohio decade later
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 08:12:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Abducted women found in Ohio decade later
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Abducted women found in Ohio decade later  (Read 1021 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 07, 2013, 10:32:53 PM »

Im surprised there is no thread on this get. Must've gotten buried below Sanford.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/06/amanda-berry-gina-dejesus_n_3226112.html

A horrible, horrible story but thankfully they were able to escape and return to their families. I don't know how you deal with people like this, these psycho criminals, or what you do with these women who were robbed of their lives in just about every way and their families too. Cleveland sucks.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 11:43:55 PM »

Horrible story.

Is Charles Ramsey the new Sweet Brown?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 11:55:31 PM »

I remember when these girls went missing it frenzied the local Cleveland area news and then nothing. Heard it on the radio and was like HOLY CRAP! BTW Charles Ramsey is a hero and finally Americans can see a non-phoney hero who did what was right. Once again shows that no task force or agency can do things as well as a good of the common man.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 12:03:14 AM »

Horrible story.

He's a good dude, and quite funny but not nearly as hysterically entertaining as Sweet Brown, if you can get part her name.
I remember when these girls went missing it frenzied the local Cleveland area news and then nothing. Heard it on the radio and was like HOLY CRAP! BTW Charles Ramsey is a hero and finally Americans can see a non-phoney hero who did what was right. Once again shows that no task force or agency can do things as well as a good of the common man.

Wait. Is he a hero, or a common man? Wink
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 12:05:01 AM »

One of the girls' parents kept all of her post for her and continued to buy Christmas and birthday presents and leave then in her bedroom. I just can't imagine the emotional roller coaster these people have been through over the years...
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 12:11:49 AM »

Both Wink

Here's some great quotes from him in the last 24 hours:

"I knew something was wrong when a little pretty white girl ran into a black man's arms. Something is wrong here. Dead giveaway. Dead giveaway. Either she's homeless or she's got problems. That's the only reason."

"If we (my squad) would’ve known about this, you wouldn’t have got no call bro. Would just be coroners comin to put that white sheet on him.”

God I LOVE this country.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 12:16:51 PM »

So, can the "only Austrians keep people in their cellars"-thing now end plz ?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 12:54:26 PM »

There was others before the Fritzl case and there has been a similar case in Argentina in the meantime.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 12:55:54 PM »

There was others before the Fritzl case and there has been a similar case in Argentina in the meantime.

But I doubt you'll hear an end to it, Tender.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 01:00:38 PM »

Here's another example of it happening in Upstate NY: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jamelske

It's hard to imagine losing such a huge portion of your life like that.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 01:12:31 PM »

Here's another example of it happening in Upstate NY: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jamelske

That one is actually worse because the police were approached by (low status) victims so many times and didn't believe them.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 04:14:20 PM »

That one is actually worse because the police were approached by (low status) victims so many times and didn't believe them.
Jamelske at least released his victims, thank God. The David Parker Rays and the Marc Dutrouxs of the world killed some or most of their victims, and I suspect that Ariel Castro has killed a few earlier victims as well. People who do this enjoy doing it, and they will take victims again if they are not stopped. All three of the Castro brothers, if convicted, should lose their right to life and be executed for this.
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 07:19:47 PM »

Apparently the women were raped and had miscarriages during their imprisonment.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 10:48:17 PM »

Horrible story.

Yes, yes he is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nZcRU0Op5P4
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 10:59:10 PM »

Am I alone in finding Ariel Castro to be far more monstrous than Dzhokhar Tsarnaev?  Don't get me wrong.  Killing people indiscriminately like the Tsarnaev brothers did is horrific.  And I'd rather be imprisoned for 10 years than dead.  But still, the length of time that Castro (assuming he's guilty) held these women (who were kids when he first kidnapped them), without ever having mercy on them and setting them free, looking into his victims' eyes every day or every week or whatever and continuing on....it boggles the mind.  And one would have to assume that he did it all for purely selfish reasons, and not in the name of Afghans or Iraqis or whatever s*^t the Tsarnaevs presumably believed.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 11:15:59 PM »

Am I alone in finding Ariel Castro to be far more monstrous than Dzhokhar Tsarnaev?  Don't get me wrong.  Killing people indiscriminately like the Tsarnaev brothers did is horrific.  And I'd rather be imprisoned for 10 years than dead.  But still, the length of time that Castro (assuming he's guilty) held these women (who were kids when he first kidnapped them), without ever having mercy on them and setting them free, looking into his victims' eyes every day or every week or whatever and continuing on....it boggles the mind.  And one would have to assume that he did it all for purely selfish reasons, and not in the name of Afghans or Iraqis or whatever s*^t the Tsarnaevs presumably believed.

The ability to do this for such a long time is just stone cold.  The Tsarnaev brothers were idiots.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 02:01:18 AM »

"Bro, I knew something was wrong when a little pretty white girl ran into a black man’s arms. Something is wrong here. Dead giveaway.”

Epic.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 02:15:01 AM »

And I'd rather be imprisoned for 10 years than dead. 

I wouldn't under those conditions.

I agree that what he did was worse than an act of terrorism.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 02:32:43 AM »

"Bro, I knew something was wrong when a little pretty white girl ran into a black man’s arms. Something is wrong here. Dead giveaway.”

Epic.

His timing on the bit about "he wasn't somebody you paid attention to, he was just a regular dude...well....until today" was perfect.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 03:51:33 AM »

Question for the lawyer types here: Do the laws on kidnapping tend to distinguish much based on time that you've held someone?  So if you hold someone for 10 years, is the punishment significantly worse than if you hold someone for 10 weeks?  Seems like the former is significantly more horrific than the latter, so I'd think that the law *should* treat them differently, but my instinct is to doubt that lawmakers are smart enough to make such distinctions.  If it were up to me, penalty for kidnapping someone and holding them for ten years would be about the same as the penalty for murder.

(OTOH, maybe the penaly for kidnapping at all is already close to a life sentence, in which case, there's not much further you can go anyway?)
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 05:24:27 AM »

Charles Ramsey 2016
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 04:17:09 PM »

The prosecutor is charging Castro for murder because he forced one of the women to abort a child by kicking her in the stomach and starving her. He hasn't decided whether he will try to get a death sentence.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 04:19:43 PM »

One guy kept control of all three women and his brothers had no idea this was happening?
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 04:36:56 PM »

The prosecutor is charging Castro for murder because he forced one of the women to abort a child by kicking her in the stomach and starving her. He hasn't decided whether he will try to get a death sentence.

I'm against the death penalty and are pro-abortion rights, but if I were the prosecutor I would also push this one.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2013, 05:07:20 PM »

One guy kept control of all three women and his brothers had no idea this was happening?
Apparently his daughter was even friends with one of these captured girls (before she was captured). His daughter also tried to kill her own baby, but failed. I wonder who the father of that baby was now...
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies