Mideast Governor's Debate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:51:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Governor's Debate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mideast Governor's Debate  (Read 1502 times)
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« on: May 08, 2013, 04:29:27 PM »

I'd like to thank you Gass, for agreeing to moderate this debate, though I do wish you were up here with us. I'd also like to thank Assembleyman ZuWo for agreeing to appear here with me.

My campaign message is simple. Over the past few months, under the leadership of Governor Tmthforu our region has prospered. It has been my belief that government has no place in the social lives of its citizens. As long as it doesn't harm anyone, I will not involve my administration. That goes for SSM, safe and legal abortion, and other things. My focus will be on our economic interests as well as the budget. I will cut taxes by 10% for middle class Mideasterners as well as providing $1.5 Billion for the rebuilding and remodeling of our region's Infastructure.

Activity and immigration are at highs and our budget is in balance. His bipartisanship is a model for all Alasia, and I would continue it. I've never been one to focus on the differences or on ideological extremes. I will work across the aisle to reach a consensus.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 02:01:49 PM »

As ZuWo stated above, I would also start with the economy and sustaining the gains that have occurred per the pat administration. The budget is my priority, and it is the first bill I would propose. In it I would provide my 10% Income Tax Cut and $1.5 Billion boost in infrastructure spending. A Balanced Budget is my priority.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 04:12:49 PM »

Sorry about the late answer, I've had the flu and had to limit my activity out of bed.

But in a region such as the Mideast, with a split Assembly, the best answer is to reach across the aisle. I would have worked with the most liberal and conservative members to broker a Balanced Budget deal that both sides could support. I would be uncomfortable with a mere majority, and would seek a supermajority vote on the Amendment.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 05:51:03 PM »

But in a region such as the Mideast, with a split Assembly, the best answer is to reach across the aisle. I would have worked with the most liberal and conservative members to broker a Balanced Budget deal that both sides could support. I would be uncomfortable with a mere majority, and would seek a supermajority vote on the Amendment.

Oh look more moderate heroism.

I really want to find your too zany and out there, but you just freshen up the forum with your random threads. You kind of remind me of a horny version of JD from scrubs.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 04:34:54 PM »

In short, no. But I would be open to reforming the electoral system. A secret ballot wouldn't be a bad idea if we could find an easy and thorough way to make it work.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 04:35:01 PM »

Sorry

But no. I do not believe a 2/3rds majority should be required. Honestly, this isn't a Regional Issue. I also would prefer a keeping to National standards.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies