Florida Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:41:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30
Author Topic: Florida Megathread  (Read 73527 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2014, 02:44:15 AM »

Few Democrats on this forum actually like Crist. We just seem him as the lesser of two evils.
Well Florida Democrats sure seem to like him. Continues to amaze me - I understand the importance of electability, but it just seems like you're throwing out all your beliefs and values if you are going to get behind someone as spineless and opportunistic as Charlie Crist. And don't even try to compare him to Mitt Romney - not even close.

If Scott is SO bad, I don't see why another competent Democrat couldn't beat him if they have proper funding and are able to develop name recognition. Sink should have gone for it again.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2014, 02:53:41 AM »

Few Democrats on this forum actually like Crist. We just seem him as the lesser of two evils.
Well Florida Democrats sure seem to like him. Continues to amaze me - I understand the importance of electability, but it just seems like you're throwing out all your beliefs and values if you are going to get behind someone as spineless and opportunistic as Charlie Crist. And don't even try to compare him to Mitt Romney - not even close.

If Scott is SO bad, I don't see why another competent Democrat couldn't beat him if they have proper funding and are able to develop name recognition. Sink should have gone for it again.

I'm guessing the FL Dems will settle for mediocrity.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2014, 04:04:25 AM »

Scott si one of the most corrupt governor and must be defeated. And Charlie crist is underrated.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2014, 08:05:14 AM »

Neither Sink nor Smith nor Nelson nor Iorio nor Dyer nor Brown nor Buckhorn are running. We have no other options.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2014, 11:26:39 AM »

Crist went on Hardball.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2014, 01:27:51 PM »

Yikes. Friendly fire? Slate rips into Crist over his book.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2014, 03:58:52 PM »

I'm guessing National Dems will settle for mediocrity.

Fixed.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2014, 06:09:56 PM »

What I basically get from this:
Charlie Crist likes himself and you should too!
sg0508
United States

« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2014, 07:35:34 PM »

Similar to how people question why the democratic party in AZ can't make a dent in a state where the hispanic population keeps growing, the statewide GOP in FL is far, far stronger than the statewide democratic party.  Despite the fact that on a national level, FL actually is a 50/50 split (maybe even with a slight, slight bluish tint to it), locally and statewide, the democrats don't match up with the republicans.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2014, 08:17:20 PM »

Crist appointed judges to the bench if they gave him a large enough campaign contribution
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2014, 08:23:49 PM »

That link sends you to another article, though is anyone surprised?

Where do you stand on this race, Flo?
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2014, 08:28:55 PM »

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/6/ex-fundraisers-testimony-rocks-crists-florida-camp/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

Should go to that article Tongue

And I am a Rich supporter
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2014, 08:37:39 PM »

Eh, I may have accidentally clicked on another link on the website and not realized it.

Good for you - will you sit out in a Crist-Scott race?
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2014, 08:40:38 PM »

Eh, I may have accidentally clicked on another link on the website and not realized it.

I guess I'd have to support Crist by default. I will never support Scott, but I'm not going to help Crist in his campaign.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2014, 09:03:04 PM »

I guess I'd have to support Crist by default. I will never support Scott, but I'm not going to help Crist in his campaign.
Congressional races are fun to work on. You can make good connections and learn valuable experience in a more intimate setting.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2014, 10:56:13 PM »

lolwashingtontimes.

The important story here is the time Crist didn't sell a judgeship.

I'll hopefully be working a local State House/State Senate campaign, but if Crist needs help, I wouldn't turn him down.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2014, 11:01:45 PM »

I'll hopefully be working a local State House/State Senate campaign, but if Crist needs help, I wouldn't turn him down.
I'm thinking of doing the same, as the FL-18 race lacks a strong candidate, plus it has a primary, something I didn't have to contend with in 2012. I would hate to start working for Ellen Andel in March only to have to suddenly join Carl Domino's campaign in August.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #167 on: February 19, 2014, 03:20:16 PM »

I guess there might be some truth to this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #168 on: February 19, 2014, 03:22:46 PM »

I'm not enthusiastic of Crist, but Scott MUST be defeated.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2014, 03:34:33 PM »

Being a charismatic idiot got Reagan two landslide victories.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2014, 03:38:08 PM »

But fortunately, Scott doesn't strike me as being charismatic! He's just an another tea partier who has destroyed Florida and tries to be seen as a moderate with his "teacher pay raise", even if he signed major budget cuts in education fews years ago...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2014, 03:55:02 PM »

But fortunately, Scott doesn't strike me as being charismatic! He's just an another tea partier who has destroyed Florida and tries to be seen as a moderate with his "teacher pay raise", even if he signed major budget cuts in education fews years ago...

You don't even live here. I do. Scott has hardly destroyed this state. Hell, from what I've seen, people are building once again. My Uncle is tearing down houses once again, and is getting more trucking runs (his other job) than before. My dad is getting more tenants (he rents storage space and parking to truckers). My other uncle has two jobs, but they were two jobs that didn’t exist three years ago. The sun is shining in this state, literally, and metaphorically.

publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #172 on: February 19, 2014, 04:12:18 PM »

I'm talking about Crist. Scott is an UNcharismatic idiot.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #173 on: February 19, 2014, 05:09:57 PM »

Just watched the MITT documentary and surprise, surprise, showed Crist as an opportunist douche. He swore up and down to multiple members of Romney's campaign (including Romney himself) that it was nothing personal, he just wanted to stay on the sidelines. Then he goes out and endorses McCain two days before the primary without saying a word to Romney, likely handing McCain the state and possibly the nomination.

Roll Eyes People to continue to support this guy...

Not me, I've been a Nan Rich backer the whole way... Unfortunately, I live in NY
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2014, 08:04:15 AM »

Crist will easily win the Democratic nomination for Governor and win the general election in November.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies