Florida Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:44:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 30
Author Topic: Florida Megathread  (Read 73277 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: March 18, 2014, 11:02:23 AM »

Crist up 34/33 in a junk UNF poll.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #201 on: March 18, 2014, 11:16:28 AM »

Everyone knows Scott is a criminal though, so will this hurt him?
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #202 on: March 18, 2014, 01:52:16 PM »

Ignoring the stupid part, do legalistic election law disputes hurt anyone? The number of swing voters who will ever hear about this is miniscule. The amount of those who it sways are right around zero. As for the potential money loss, I'm pretty sure that even if they found the Scott campaign guilty and charged the very maximum they'd still have enough money to completely saturate every Florida market. This isn't going to be some cheap race where $82 million is a huge amount of money. This is Charlie Crist and Rick Scott we're talking about; fundraising is what they do.
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #203 on: March 18, 2014, 03:58:10 PM »

Democratic Governors Association will be helping Crist alot with TV Ads and other stuff.

On the down ballot statewide offices, how do y'all see State AG, CFO, and Agriculture Commissioner going ?

Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #204 on: March 18, 2014, 04:18:30 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2014, 04:31:07 PM by Dereich »

The incumbents are way way out-raising and are out-polling their Democratic challengers. I'm pretty sure Putnam is safe as Ag Commish as he's allowed to have it, CFO Atwater has over a million in his war chest while his opponent is at something like $10,000 raised in total, he's safe too. The AG race is the only potentially interesting one, having two halfway-serious challengers, one being the House minority leader and the other being a former Secretary of the Department of Children and Families. Neither of them have really raised much money or done anything too spectacular though, and with the state's lean helping her I'd say the race is something like likely R.
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #205 on: March 18, 2014, 05:58:31 PM »

In other words, those 3 down ballot statewide offices will stay Red until either 2018 or 2022.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #206 on: March 18, 2014, 06:17:11 PM »

The incumbents are way way out-raising and are out-polling their Democratic challengers. I'm pretty sure Putnam is safe as Ag Commish as he's allowed to have it, CFO Atwater has over a million in his war chest while his opponent is at something like $10,000 raised in total, he's safe too. The AG race is the only potentially interesting one, having two halfway-serious challengers, one being the House minority leader and the other being a former Secretary of the Department of Children and Families. Neither of them have really raised much money or done anything too spectacular though, and with the state's lean helping her I'd say the race is something like likely R.

I agree, though I think Bondi is more vunerable than you think, if the D's step up their fundraising a bit.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #207 on: March 19, 2014, 09:04:49 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think it did in 2010. Scott won by 61,000 votes out of more than 5 million cast, 1.15% more than Democratic rival Alex Sink, and he didn't even get the overall majority. In Florida, which at the state level is solidly, almost 100% Republican, he barely defeated his Democratic challenger in a year that proved to be a Democratic bloodbath. With his rock-bottom approval ratings, I'd say he's a goner.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #208 on: March 19, 2014, 09:53:38 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think it did in 2010. Scott won by 61,000 votes out of more than 5 million cast, 1.15% more than Democratic rival Alex Sink, and he didn't even get the overall majority. In Florida, which at the state level is solidly, almost 100% Republican, he barely defeated his Democratic challenger in a year that proved to be a Democratic bloodbath. With his rock-bottom approval ratings, I'd say he's a goner.

I wouldn't say so. Charlie Crist is a skeevey character: he still has a ways to go to get the trust of Democrats, and Republicans are disgusted by him. I think he's actually a worse candidate than some of the people they could've ran (not Sink, but maybe Pam Iorio). It's hard to lose to Scott, sure, but Crist may be the man to do it.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2014, 03:34:04 PM »

Scott's finance co-chair has quit.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2014, 06:56:53 AM »

Not a good time for him.
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2014, 10:46:47 AM »

Plus former Florida Governor Rubein Askew (D) passed away several weeks back this month.

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #212 on: April 01, 2014, 06:35:48 PM »

At least two criminals in new Scott ad.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #213 on: April 01, 2014, 07:09:12 PM »

So then they fit in well with Scott.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #214 on: April 01, 2014, 07:12:16 PM »

Even with all the money he has, he still has no brain haha. I will miss him. Who will I deeply hate if he loses?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #215 on: April 04, 2014, 10:15:24 PM »

Rubio: will Crist run on 8% unemployment, deficits and a collapsing economy?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #216 on: April 05, 2014, 03:57:58 AM »

Who?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #217 on: April 05, 2014, 09:58:00 AM »

Crist. He was the conservative Republican Governor of Florida who schemed to get on the McCain ticket in 2008.....
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #218 on: April 05, 2014, 10:01:49 AM »

I agree, though I think Bondi is more vunerable than you think, if the D's step up their fundraising a bit.
Let me set you straight now. Perry Thurston has literally no f[inks]ing chance on Gods green earth. Actually ask a Floridian about him: they will either laugh or ask "who?"
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #219 on: April 05, 2014, 10:35:22 AM »

Let me set you straight now. Perry Thurston has literally no f[inks]ing chance on Gods green earth. Actually ask a Floridian about him: they will either laugh or ask "who?"

It's more of a scenario where Dems at least have a competent candidate - nothing spectacular - who could be dragged into office by Charlie's coattails.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #220 on: April 05, 2014, 04:07:44 PM »

It's more of a scenario where Dems at least have a competent candidate - nothing spectacular - who could be dragged into office by Charlie's coattails.

I assume you're referring to Sheldon.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #221 on: April 08, 2014, 09:09:47 PM »

John Land, who has served as Mayor of Apopka, FL since 1950, was defeated for re-election today.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #222 on: April 08, 2014, 09:13:31 PM »

He was missing 2 years, but wow.
He was only second on this list though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_serving_mayors_in_the_United_States
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #223 on: April 10, 2014, 05:58:10 PM »

Yikes. Scott outraised Crist by $11M (!).

Scott- $17M
Crist- $6M
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #224 on: April 10, 2014, 10:24:24 PM »
« Edited: April 11, 2014, 10:12:32 PM by SJoyce »

Yikes. Scott outraised Crist by $11M (!).

Scott- $17M
Crist- $6M

That's including total party fundraising - while that plays a big role, it's not surprising the GOP is winning. Schorsch had it taken out for the March numbers:

Crist - $586K
Crist for FL - $941K
Total - $1.5M

Scott - $1.2M
Let's Get to Work - $362K
Total - $1.6M

The rest will mostly go to state legislature races (or Congress, or Bondi if she needs it), not the governorship.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies