Florida Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:27:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Florida Megathread  (Read 73605 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: May 10, 2013, 05:30:27 PM »

Murphy will probably survive. He raises more than 500k which is impressive. I appreciate him, I hope he will become a US senator in the future, or a governor!

Rick Scott is moderating his views, with his money, I suppose he will be reelected.

For Southerland, is he an extremist? His opponent seems to be relatively moderate, an "independant voice" in her campagne on internet. Is his father really popular in Florida?

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 03:33:26 PM »

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 02:50:48 PM »

Well, the Flo democrats seem to become better with their recruits Tongue.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 01:50:10 PM »

Well, the Flo democrats seem to become better with their recruits Tongue.

I don't see how you could infer that from any recent events.

A solid recruiting job in Pasco (Murphy) and in St. Pete (Kriseman), and assuming good recruits in Pinellas (hopefully Justice, probably Sink) and for gov (Crist).
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 02:20:02 PM »

I don't know if this poll is skewed or not, but Murphy is a strong candidate. It would surprise me if he doesn't become a senator or a governor one day.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 03:29:50 PM »

Is Bondi popular?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 04:54:29 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/blogs/gone-viral/os-florida-governor-mansion-repairs-10292013,0,7628389.post
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 04:04:25 AM »

Few Democrats on this forum actually like Crist. We just seem him as the lesser of two evils.
Well Florida Democrats sure seem to like him. Continues to amaze me - I understand the importance of electability, but it just seems like you're throwing out all your beliefs and values if you are going to get behind someone as spineless and opportunistic as Charlie Crist. And don't even try to compare him to Mitt Romney - not even close.

If Scott is SO bad, I don't see why another competent Democrat couldn't beat him if they have proper funding and are able to develop name recognition. Sink should have gone for it again.

Scott si one of the most corrupt governor and must be defeated. And Charlie crist is underrated.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 03:22:46 PM »

I'm not enthusiastic of Crist, but Scott MUST be defeated.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 03:38:08 PM »

Being a charismatic idiot got Reagan two landslide victories.
But fortunately, Scott doesn't strike me as being charismatic! He's just an another tea partier who has destroyed Florida and tries to be seen as a moderate with his "teacher pay raise", even if he signed major budget cuts in education fews years ago...
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 09:49:09 AM »

But fortunately, Scott doesn't strike me as being charismatic! He's just an another tea partier who has destroyed Florida and tries to be seen as a moderate with his "teacher pay raise", even if he signed major budget cuts in education fews years ago...

You don't even live here. I do. Scott has hardly destroyed this state. Hell, from what I've seen, people are building once again. My Uncle is tearing down houses once again, and is getting more trucking runs (his other job) than before. My dad is getting more tenants (he rents storage space and parking to truckers). My other uncle has two jobs, but they were two jobs that didn’t exist three years ago. The sun is shining in this state, literally, and metaphorically.

I'm not sure he's the man who has improved Florida, he's more a lucky man.

But he stays a ing bastard: just for 2012 he should be in jail.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 06:38:21 PM »

You don't even live here. I do. Scott has hardly destroyed this state. Hell, from what I've seen, people are building once again. My Uncle is tearing down houses once again, and is getting more trucking runs (his other job) than before. My dad is getting more tenants (he rents storage space and parking to truckers). My other uncle has two jobs, but they were two jobs that didn’t exist three years ago. The sun is shining in this state, literally, and metaphorically.

I'm not sure he's the man who has improved Florida, he's more a lucky man.

But he stays a ing bastard: just for 2012 he should be in jail.
And what did he do in 2012 that was illegal?
Please, you know exactly what I mean.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 01:46:57 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
quote from citizensforethics.

Well, I can understand if you still support him, even if he's a b$stard, because you dislike Crist and for an another reason, but at least recognize that he's a corrupt b*stard!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 06:51:48 AM »

I would call him a corrupt bastard if enough evidence existed for him to at least be investigated by the state, which to my knowledge, he hasn't.

Oh please, this is obvious, even more obvious than Aaron Schock being gay. Why would he have curtailed early voting?
Once again, I won't do my moralist "blablabla, you should be ashamed of yourself for supporting him blabla". I can understand that you prefer to vote for a corrupt bastard than for someone who strongly despises. But please, recognize he's a corrupt bastard, just for intellectual honesty.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 04:41:30 AM »

I would call him a corrupt bastard if enough evidence existed for him to at least be investigated by the state, which to my knowledge, he hasn't.

Oh please, this is obvious, even more obvious than Aaron Schock being gay. Why would he have curtailed early voting?
Once again, I won't do my moralist "blablabla, you should be ashamed of yourself for supporting him blabla". I can understand that you prefer to vote for a corrupt bastard than for someone who strongly despises. But please, recognize he's a corrupt bastard, just for intellectual honesty.
You talk about intellectual honesty yet to offer no proof other than your opinion, which you believe is true because he is a "corrupt bastard."

Because he has curtailed early voting, why wouldn't have he done that, if not for targeting minority voters? Why? Answer.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 03:56:38 PM »

You talk about intellectual honesty yet to offer no proof other than your opinion, which you believe is true because he is a "corrupt bastard."

Because he has curtailed early voting, why wouldn't have he done that, if not for targeting minority voters? Why? Answer.

Not him, but it's an easy question. Early voting doesn't raise turnout anyways, so cutting a few days out of it saves a few million dollars without harm and Scott is a big fan of making those weird little cuts that save chump change.
You all know that Rick Scott wanted to curtail early voting just for helping, that is obvious.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 06:56:53 AM »

Not a good time for him.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 07:12:16 PM »

Even with all the money he has, he still has no brain haha. I will miss him. Who will I deeply hate if he loses?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2014, 03:57:58 AM »

Who?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2014, 10:21:19 AM »

I don t think that will change a lot of things...

I m still believing Scott can win.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2014, 12:59:50 PM »

Why are you always so pessimistic?

Well, short answer, I think I tend to overestimate incumbency Tongue.

--------

It's a stunning display of pettiness on the part of a sitting governor. Scott then followed that with a fairly poor debate, including implicitly admitting the reality of global warming, while Crist got questions about the environment - an area where his record is undoubtably superior. It's enough to shift a percentage point or two, which is all that matters.
I hope you're right seriously Sjoyce. Really. Scott is one of the worst governors.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2014, 07:25:23 AM »

I hope this is over but I have the feeling this is not the case Sad
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2014, 09:14:39 AM »

I'm pessimistic Sad
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2014, 05:02:16 PM »

Right now, with a million votes in, the R-to-D margin is 63,000 votes closer than it was in 2010 - the change in partisan early/absentee margins is equivalent to Scott's entire margin of victory.
Good news?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2014, 10:33:08 AM »

What was the lead 4 years ago?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies