The Water Cooler Ad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:19:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Water Cooler Ad
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: The Water Cooler Ad  (Read 4930 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 21, 2005, 09:45:56 AM »

(Two guys huddle around the office water cooler during a break....)

Bob: Hey Jim. What's up?

Jim: Eh..not much.

Bob: I hate having to work on a federal holiday.

Jim: Yeah tell me about it...hey how about that Election during the weekend?

Bob: Now that was something. I couldn't believe what was going on here in D3!

Jim: Yeah I know. Listen...I'm not a big Naso fan but he sure fooled me. I didn't think he would come close let alone be up by five votes!

Bob: Yep and now look at Nym. There's an extra week and now he wants to campaign.

Jim: Hah. I know. Well I'll tell you...I really hope Naso wins this thing. He's worked the hardest for it.

Bob: Absolutley. I think he's going to take it. I'm telling my neighbors to get out and VOTE NASO this weekend. I know that's what I'll be doing!

Jim: Same here. Now what about this Santorum guy. I heard he might run for President...

VOTE NASO - HE'S BEEN CAMPAIGNING FOR D3 THE WHOLE CAMPAIGN.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 10:11:54 AM »

NASO, NASO, NASO, NASO, NASO, NASO, NASO, NASO, NASO, NASO, NASO, NASO, NASO, NASO, NASO, NASO
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 10:16:19 AM »

Perhaps we should petition Dave to add some new BBC that means you just type in [naso] and then you the forum authomatically inserts text from a random selection of pre-enterred Naso worship.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 10:27:27 AM »

Nym was actually helping District 3 by working on improvements to their lives in the Senate, rather than simply going out and writing down some conservative talking points.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 11:23:54 AM »

Nym was actually helping District 3 by working on improvements to their lives in the Senate, rather than simply going out and writing down some conservative talking points.

Other hard workers in the Senate have time to campaign. You mean to tell me that all of Nym's "hard work" took up his whole schedule?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 12:01:08 AM »

Perhaps we should petition Dave to add some new BBC that means you just type in [naso] and then you the forum authomatically inserts text from a random selection of pre-enterred Naso worship.

I have one of those, just enter "king" and::

WHAT A LOSER!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 12:02:00 AM »

Hmmm...must be a bug...WORSHIP ME, BB CODE:

KING IS SUCH A DORK!
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 01:00:08 AM »

hey, you're right, you do have one:

KING LIKES CHOCOLATE SALTY BALLS![/color]
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 06:43:35 AM »

Other hard workers in the Senate have time to campaign. You mean to tell me that all of Nym's "hard work" took up his whole schedule?

You let me know when making videos becomes neccessary for a Senator to do his job.

Perhaps Mr. Naso could comment on what goes on in the Senate, his position on bills that were up for consideration instead of simply making ads that say he "has a plan".
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 06:49:22 AM »

Well, this ad certainly is funny. And it tells us that only the kind of people who're interested in a Santorum presidential bid would ever vote for Mike Naso, so it's honest, too. Smiley
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 09:02:14 AM »

Hmmm...must be a bug...WORSHIP ME, BB CODE:

KING IS SUCH A DORK!

I think KING IS AN ASSCLOWN!is more appropriate
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2005, 11:51:30 AM »

You let me know when making videos becomes neccessary for a Senator to do his job.

Perhaps Mr. Naso could comment on what goes on in the Senate, his position on bills that were up for consideration instead of simply making ads that say he "has a plan".

I'd like to see that. I'd also like to see his stance on key issues such as NAMBLA...
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005, 12:08:57 PM »

I'd like to see that. I'd also like to see his stance on key issues such as NAMBLA...

Though no one has asked me directly, my position is that the age of consent should be 16. So no, I don't support NAMBLA.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2005, 02:23:55 PM »

I didn't say Nym had to make videos. Campaigning alittle more would have been nice.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2005, 05:13:05 PM »

I didn't say Nym had to make videos. Campaigning alittle more would have been nice.

What specifically does Mr. Naso plan to do about the problems facing Atlasia, instead of simply saying they are there and that they need to be fixed. Nym has actually changed things, Naso hasn't even published legislation that he would propose.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2005, 05:19:23 PM »

What specifically does Mr. Naso plan to do about the problems facing Atlasia, instead of simply saying they are there and that they need to be fixed. Nym has actually changed things, Naso hasn't even published legislation that he would propose.

Akno, who cares.  Simple mortals like yourself without dangerous levels of vigour and decisiveness propose "plans" and "propositions".  naso doesn't need crap like that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2005, 05:22:35 PM »

Naso has stated his beliefs while on the campaign trail. Nym would do the same except we never see him...except for when he realizes "Oh wow. I'm about to lose to Mike Naso. Better start campaigning!"
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2005, 06:45:00 PM »

Naso has stated his beliefs while on the campaign trail. Nym would do the same except we never see him...except for when he realizes "Oh wow. I'm about to lose to Mike Naso. Better start campaigning!"

Can you find one solution of his that he believes would fix a problem that he has mentioned? Since when does posting a lot of rhetoric equal a quality Senator?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2005, 06:51:14 PM »

Can you find one solution of his that he believes would fix a problem that he has mentioned? Since when does posting a lot of rhetoric equal a quality Senator?

I think the fact that he dedicates time to the voters will make him a good Senator.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2005, 06:52:31 PM »

I think the fact that he dedicates time to the voters will make him a good Senator.

Find a detailed Naso solution to a problem. Quantity is not quality.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2005, 06:56:36 PM »

I haven't really seen any detailed plans from Nym though.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2005, 07:11:50 PM »

Vigour is quality though
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2005, 07:13:15 PM »

Stop avoiding the question. Find a Naso detailed plan.

Well, I know he passed a bull regarding workers rights early in his term, which shows he has presented detailed plans in a bill. And since his latest bill failed on a veto, I would think he would reintroduce it if Lewis or Al becomes President, and then it would likely pass.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2005, 07:19:35 PM »

Well, I know he passed a bull regarding workers rights early in his term, which shows he has presented detailed plans in a bill. And since his latest bill failed on a veto, I would think he would reintroduce it if Lewis or Al becomes President, and then it would likely pass.

I haven't seen a detailed plan from either. I just see that Naso is clearly more dedicated. Nym isn't fooling anyone. He obviously didn't see Naso as a threat and opted not to campaign. Now he'll like be out of a job. The people want dedication and as we could see from the results that started coming in on Friday, Naso was committed to the voters.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2005, 07:22:38 PM »

I haven't seen a detailed plan from either. I just see that Naso is clearly more dedicated. Nym isn't fooling anyone. He obviously didn't see Naso as a threat and opted not to campaign. Now he'll like be out of a job. The people want dedication and as we could see from the results that started coming in on Friday, Naso was committed to the voters.

Well if the incumbent doesn't offer change, which would be in the form of a detailed plan, don't you stick with the incumbent, who has done well in the Senate, if not on the campaign trail.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies