1992 United States Presidential Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:15:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  1992 United States Presidential Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Poll
Question: Well that was all ado about nothing. Typical.
Vice President Mario Cuomo (Democrat-New York)/Senator Albert Gore, Jr. (Democrat-Tennessee)

Former Congressman Ronald E. "Ron" Paul (Republican-Texas)/Governor John McClaughry (Republican-Vermont)

Businessman H. Ross Perot (Independent-Texas)/Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Colin L. Powell (Independent-Pennsylvania)

Dr. Mary Ruwart (Libertarian-Texas)/Mr. Richard B. Boddie (Libertarian-California)

Activist Lenora Fulani (New Alliance-New York)/Activist Maria Elizabeth Muñoz (New Alliance-California)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 87

Author Topic: 1992 United States Presidential Election  (Read 13119 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2013, 06:25:54 PM »

Very sad news.

Looks like our hopes rest with Ralph Nader now.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2013, 07:22:16 PM »

Very sad news.

Looks like our hopes rest with Ralph Nader now.

How about a compromise? Cuomo '96 and Nader '00?
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2013, 07:35:05 PM »

Boring election is boring. Nader ftw.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2013, 07:44:02 PM »

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2013, 07:49:33 PM »

Well, onto 1996 as it is. Really though, is all this pageantry necessary? I mean there's got to be a point where the voters just wouldn't care and assumed the outcome was predetermined and not give a damn who was president.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2013, 07:57:34 PM »

Well, onto 1996 as it is. Really though, is all this pageantry necessary? I mean there's got to be a point where the voters just wouldn't care and assumed the outcome was predetermined and not give a damn who was president.

Oh, don't worry, I think Nader will be a force to be reckoned with in 2000 if not 1996.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2013, 08:06:26 PM »

Oh, don't worry, I think Nader will be a force to be reckoned with in 2000 if not 1996.

Yay! The reign of the Democrats will be ended by someone who's to the left of the Democrats!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2013, 08:25:10 PM »

Yay! The reign of the Democrats will be ended by someone who's to the left of the Democrats!

That's always the best way to end a hegemony!
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #133 on: May 13, 2013, 08:38:10 PM »

You might get a token republican term or two out of it!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #134 on: May 13, 2013, 08:51:09 PM »

Now, now, Seatown, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We all know that Glorious Leader Herman Cain will rise up in 2012 and claim his mantle as Eternal President.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2013, 12:14:37 AM »

Now, now, Seatown, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We all know that Glorious Leader Herman Cain will rise up in 2012 and claim his mantle as Eternal President.

Cain is running in 2000 though Smiley
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2013, 05:32:01 AM »

Cain is running in 2000 though Smiley

Yeah, but 2000 is not his allotted time. This way, we can have two terms of Cuomo, two terms of Nader, and infinite terms of Herman Cain!
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2013, 10:09:26 AM »

With these results, if I lived in Cathcon's America, I would probably emigrate.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2013, 05:10:11 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2013, 05:18:22 PM by Senator X »

2004 proved Ralph Nader to be an egomaniac with delusions of grandeur, which is sad because he used to be a great man.  He's like John McCain, he lost his dignity running for President.  
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2013, 10:15:43 PM »

The 1992 United States Presidential Election
Whereas four years previous, Kemp had blamed Paul for his loss, Paul found himself ironically in a similar position. Despite data indicating that Perot had taken support from both sides, Republicans would be quick to blame the "other Texan" for their loss, pointing to recent near-record low Democratic popular vote margins and the fact that a unified center-right was needed to forge a path to victory. Cuomo ended up triumphing, ushering in another four years of Democratic rule.

Vice President Mario Cuomo (Democrat-New York)/Senator Albert Gore, Jr. (Democrat-Tennessee) 351 electoral votes, 39.1% of the popular vote
Former Congressman Ronald E. "Ron" Paul (Republican-Texas)/Governor John McClaughry (Republican-Vermont) 164 electoral votes, 31% of the popular vote
Businessman H. Ross Perot (Independent-Texas)/Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Colin L. Powell (Independent-Pennsylvania) 23 electoral votes, 25.3% of the popular vote
Activist Lenora Fulani (New Alliance-New York)/Activist Maria Elizabeth Muñoz (New Alliance-California) 0 electoral votes, 4.6% of the popular vote
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2013, 05:06:48 AM »

Yay!
nolesfan2011
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.68, S: -7.48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread