1992 United States Presidential Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:20:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  1992 United States Presidential Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well that was all ado about nothing. Typical.
Vice President Mario Cuomo (Democrat-New York)/Senator Albert Gore, Jr. (Democrat-Tennessee)

Former Congressman Ronald E. "Ron" Paul (Republican-Texas)/Governor John McClaughry (Republican-Vermont)

Businessman H. Ross Perot (Independent-Texas)/Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Colin L. Powell (Independent-Pennsylvania)

Dr. Mary Ruwart (Libertarian-Texas)/Mr. Richard B. Boddie (Libertarian-California)

Activist Lenora Fulani (New Alliance-New York)/Activist Maria Elizabeth Muņoz (New Alliance-California)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 87

Author Topic: 1992 United States Presidential Election  (Read 13322 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 10, 2013, 08:43:24 PM »

Cuomo, although I'm highly disappointed in him for picking Gore as his running mate.

Cathcon's last trick to sabotage his candidacy...

Dude, enough already. 

Also Cuomo '92!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 04:28:14 AM »

Guys, positive developments are very close, we will be able to vote for Green party in 2 elections.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 07:53:32 AM »

To be honest, it would be pretty funny if Ron Paul defeats Vice-President Mario Cuomo at what was thought to be the height of the "Democratic hegemony" (especially given how weak the Republican field was).  I am also kind of curious who Paul would appoint to the two Supreme Court vacancies that I would assume come up during this term (paging SJoyce Wink ).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 05:26:45 PM »

Perot isn't getting enough support. All you guys will achieve is splitting the left vote and allowing Paul to win.
I don't think most of us care about Democrats that much anymore, considering they are a neoliberal party at this point. We will have a chance to fix things up in 2000 with Nader though.

So now Mario Cuomo is a neo-liberal Roll Eyes
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 05:45:01 PM »

"Fed up with the one party state and the Republicans' inability to stop it" ? Wink

Maybe the Republicans are now the third-party?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 08:26:01 PM »

Actually we can vote for Nader in 1996, because of the new rules. I urge everyone on the left to unite behind his candidacy.

You still haven't explained how Mario Cuomo is a neo-liberal Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 05:10:11 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2013, 05:18:22 PM by Senator X »

Well, onto 1996 as it is. Really though, is all this pageantry necessary? I mean there's got to be a point where the voters just wouldn't care and assumed the outcome was predetermined and not give a damn who was president.

Oh, don't worry, I think Nader will be a force to be reckoned with in 2000 if not 1996.

2004 proved Ralph Nader to be an egomaniac with delusions of grandeur, which is sad because he used to be a great man.  He's like John McCain, he lost his dignity running for President.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies