More comedy gold from Sen. Inhofe
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:56:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  More comedy gold from Sen. Inhofe
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: More comedy gold from Sen. Inhofe  (Read 1287 times)
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 11, 2013, 02:13:55 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

After browsing through the Huckabee thread, it looks like the vast right-wing conspiracy is at it again.  Perhaps they should just attempt to impeach every two-term Democratic President since they have nothing better to do.

Then Inhofe said this about former SoS Clinton:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The Republican outreach to women voters continues.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/inhofe-mulls-i-word-after-benghazi-91201.html

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 02:31:04 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2013, 02:33:46 PM by Yank2133 »

The GOP are all hacks, I know it isn't fair to brand them all.....but I am tried of this bullsh**t. There are really issues that they should be focusing on and they are focusing on this nonsense......GTFO.
Link
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 02:37:53 PM »

I think the hallmark of a good faith investigation is people talking about impeachment BEFORE the investigation starts or the hearings are over.  And of course anyone that takes issue with that obviously is against investigating the death of a diplomat.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 02:45:44 PM »

I really think that articals of impeachment are already written by some of these people.  I think that since the republicans have done this twice before, it will happen again.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 02:49:10 PM »

See, this is why it's hard to be a good sport about the Benghazi hearings.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 07:11:58 PM »

I think the appropriate I-word we should use about Republicans is "intervention".
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 07:36:41 PM »

If I were old enough, I would think about running for Senate in a Republican Primary just to stop this guy. Inhofe is in contention for the worst Senator in the country, and I am tired of having him.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 08:03:57 PM »

Inhofe already was among my least-favorite Senators, and this does not change that.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 08:05:09 PM »

Literally no one besides the people that watch Fox News care about this "scandal."
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 10:42:16 PM »

If things worked out perfectly for the vast right-wing conspiracy Benghazi would destroy both President Obama and Hillary Clinton in one fell swoop.  How convenient, to get rid of both top Democrats at once.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 12:15:53 AM »

If things worked out perfectly for the vast right-wing conspiracy Benghazi would destroy both President Obama and Hillary Clinton in one fell swoop.  How convenient, to get rid of both top Democrats at once.
If things worked perfectly for the GOP, we'd be sitting on the tiny island of Mt. Everest in the future, listening to the right-wing nutjobs attempt to defend themselves.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 01:10:43 AM »

I'm a Democrat, and this is utter nonsense, but do Democrats not remember that they also threw around the "I-word" during President Bush's administration?  Is that somehow justified because he was a Republican, not a Democrat?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 01:26:43 AM »

I'm a Democrat, and this is utter nonsense, but do Democrats not remember that they also threw around the "I-word" during President Bush's administration?  Is that somehow justified because he was a Republican, not a Democrat?

Oh, yeah ignoring the 9/11 warnings, starting a $1 trillion war, and making the economy turn to sh**t is totally the same thing.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 01:33:36 AM »

Oh, yeah ignoring the 9/11 warnings, starting a $1 trillion war, and making the economy turn to sh**t is totally the same thing.

Clinton ignored the 9/11 warnings, too.

Bush was right to enter Iraq, just forgot to do his homework to get out of there as soon as Saddam was toppled.

Clinton bears some of the blame for the recession with his stupid deregulation of the banks.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 01:39:59 AM »

Clinton ignored the 9/11 warnings, too.

Bush was right to enter Iraq, just forgot to do his homework to get out of there as soon as Saddam was toppled.

Clinton bears some of the blame for the recession with his stupid deregulation of the banks.

Clinton didn't get that 8/06/01 memo.
Also, this.
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/20/us/clinton-aides-plan-to-tell-panel-of-warning-bush-team-on-qaeda.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 02:41:51 AM »

Bush was never actually impeached.  But Congressional Republicans DID take action to impeach President Clinton.  There is a history of actual action, and not just words, for us to consider.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 06:15:33 AM »

Different was that there are more of the party calling for impeachment against Obama.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 12:21:30 PM »

How many Democrats actually called for Bush's impeachment? Were they fringe or mainstream? And did they actually introduce articles of impeachment? Did impeachment actually come to a vote? If so, then they're as bad as the Clinton-era Republicans. If not, you can't even compare the two.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2013, 12:32:45 PM »

It is nice to see Bushie still spouts the "both sides' do it crap.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2013, 12:40:48 PM »

Indeed. It's that fiscally conservative efficiency-in-government.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2013, 12:41:56 PM »

Serious impeachment proceedings will only begin with Boehner's say-so. (Obviously some tea-partiers might try to get things going on their own -- I think there was an attempt against Cheney in 2007 -- but that'll get nowhere). Boehner has learned the lessons of the 1998-1999 fiasco and he will only begin such proceedings if he is confident that public opinion is overwhelmingly behind him. (And I'm sure he's learned the lessons of Romney's private polling as well -- he'll look for confirmation in public polling as well).
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2013, 01:36:49 PM »

It is nice to see Bushie still spouts the "both sides' do it crap.

It's hardly crap. Both sides have a proven record of being inarguably terrible.

Still, this is ridiculous. If the Republicans wanted to investigate something, they would investigate the IRS possibly going after dissenting political organizations.
Link
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2013, 08:30:58 PM »

If you polled the entire population of the planet and asked them whether Bush and/or Obama should be impeached the vast majority would say Bush should be impeached and the vast majority would say Obama shouldn't be impeached.  If you then asked the pro impeachment people what Bush and/or Obama should be impeached for you would get almost a completely uniform answer for why Bush should be impeached.  You would get a hodgepodge of bizarre answers as to why they believe Obama should be impeached.

That should tell a thinking person something... stop the false equivalency.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2013, 09:08:19 PM »

All I'm saying is that this discussion of impeachment crap is way over used.  IMO, Clinton should not have been impeached.  Bush should not have been impeached.  Obama should not be impeached.  I don't remember the impeachment term being thrown around for Reagan or Bush 41.  Maybe, that's because I came of age during Clinton's Presidency,  and don't really remember the former administrations in that respect, and I really haven't researched if the impeachment word was thrown around for Presidents 40 or 41.

To me, its just way over used by both parties.
Link
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2013, 09:28:40 PM »

Impeachment was written into the Constitution for a reason.  Reagan was not impeached because the nation was still recovering from Watergate.  Iran Contra was definitely an impeachable offense.  Democrats being nice doesn't mean Reagan shouldn't have been kicked out of office.

Your problem is you keep making these strange false equivalencies.  Please read up on Iran Contra.  You are a guy.  If every guy had to lose their job because they lied about sex none of us would be working.  You can't put Iran Contra or no WMDs on the same level as a blow job.  Bushie that is a very simplistic way of looking at the highest office in the land.

Bush should not have been impeached.

As I said most of the planet disagrees with you.  You can't just declare someone shouldn't have been impeached and that makes everything alright.  If you look at the amount of death destruction and financial loss that occurred based on a lie I can't think of any president in almost a century that should have been impeached more than Bush.  If not Bush then who?

To me, its just way over used by both parties.

Which is why I told you to take a GLOBAL poll.  This has nothing to do with partisan politics.  Some people need to be impeached.  It doesn't matter which party they are in.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies