More comedy gold from Sen. Inhofe
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:24:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  More comedy gold from Sen. Inhofe
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: More comedy gold from Sen. Inhofe  (Read 1291 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2013, 10:16:51 PM »

Impeachment was written into the Constitution for a reason.  Reagan was not impeached because the nation was still recovering from Watergate.  Iran Contra was definitely an impeachable offense.  Democrats being nice doesn't mean Reagan shouldn't have been kicked out of office.

Your problem is you keep making these strange false equivalencies.  Please read up on Iran Contra.  You are a guy.  If every guy had to lose their job because they lied about sex none of us would be working.  You can't put Iran Contra or no WMDs on the same level as a blow job.  Bushie that is a very simplistic way of looking at the highest office in the land.

Bush should not have been impeached.

As I said most of the planet disagrees with you.  You can't just declare someone shouldn't have been impeached and that makes everything alright.  If you look at the amount of death destruction and financial loss that occurred based on a lie I can't think of any president in almost a century that should have been impeached more than Bush.  If not Bush then who?

To me, its just way over used by both parties.

Which is why I told you to take a GLOBAL poll.  This has nothing to do with partisan politics.  Some people need to be impeached.  It doesn't matter which party they are in.

As far as Bush goes, I am well aware that most of the country believes he should have been impeached.  I, personally, disagree and my opinion is not necessarily wrong just because its in a very small minority.  I personally think history will look kindly on the Bush Administration, but that's another discussion.  Just because something is popular doesn't make it right.

You're right that if everybody who lied about sex were let go from a job, the unemployment would be darn near 100%.  That's not just men, either.  That's why I don't think Clinton should have been impeached.

Obama hasn't done anything worthy of impeachment.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies