Last State to ratify marriage equality. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:17:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Last State to ratify marriage equality. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Last State to ratify marriage equality.  (Read 3430 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 13, 2013, 01:04:16 PM »

Oklahoma or Alabama no doubt.

As several have pointed out, mormons might be solidly Republican, (and I know prop 8 and stuff) but they're more educated than their evangilical brothers, and they like to not be too out of the mainstream. So Utah, WY, or Idaho will not be last.  

This; there's already a small but growing group of Mormons pushing for gay rights (mostly nondiscrimination policies, but many want civil unions, and a few are even okay with same-sex marriage).

And don't forget that the largest city in the state is very gay-friendly and has been so for a decade.

Wyoming might actually be soon-ish, I hear, since there seems to be a libertarian trend over there.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 09:08:10 PM »

Well, there's already a (supposedly celibate) gay LDS man in a leadership position in an LDS congregation in San Fransisco. Look up Mitch Mayne. So to be honest, it won't take long. And as a Mormon who's a believer in marriage equality, I welcome that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies