Abortion Monster Gets Life Sentence
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 10:40:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Abortion Monster Gets Life Sentence
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Abortion Monster Gets Life Sentence  (Read 3960 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 15, 2013, 09:42:29 PM »
« edited: May 15, 2013, 10:09:21 PM by True Federalist »

Philadelphia Abortion "doctor" Kermit Gosnell sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole, waiving his right to appeal for killing three new born babies, born live.

This depraved monster has set a new low.

I can only hope this sub human is somehow, "accidentally", let into the general prison population.  Even hardened criminals have no use for baby killers.  They would make short work of this hideous excuse for a human being.

Any assistants he may have had should go to prison for many, many years.    

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=pa%20abortion%20doctor&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CDAQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2Fconvicted-pa-abortion-doctor-gets-life-prison-201005368.html&ei=20CUUaC3NarSiwKD6YDgCg&usg=AFQjCNEtQDGLslZXszLgHv5DhtF5fxv2hQ
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 09:51:41 PM »

If abortion is banned, we'll have far more Kermit Gosnells.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 09:57:03 PM »

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 10:03:03 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 02:19:56 PM »

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 03:58:15 PM »

Why should he get off so easily in comparison to the babies he killed? If he were white he'd definitely be getting a case of sparky or whatever they use these days (lethal injection). Slime like him should get Osama bin Ladin'd
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 07:40:37 PM »

Wrong.  Contraceptives and adoption will still be legal.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 11:36:19 PM »

This
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 11:43:22 PM »

Why should he get off so easily in comparison to the babies he killed? If he were white he'd definitely be getting a case of sparky or whatever they use these days (lethal injection). Slime like him should get Osama bin Ladin'd

I sympathize with your sentiments, however, in jurisdictions with the death penalty, those on death row are able to appeal their sentence for 20 years before it is carried out, if ever.  Then, years down the road the death sentence could be commuted to life in prison.

This scum bag is 72, and would likely die before a death sentence would be carried out anyway.

Let him sit in a 6 x 6 cell, or whatever they are, for the rest of his miserable life.  With any luck, other inmates may carry out some kind of inmate retribution on this monster.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 12:21:50 AM »

I sympathize with your sentiments, however, in jurisdictions with the death penalty, those on death row are able to appeal their sentence for 20 years before it is carried out, if ever.  Then, years down the road the death sentence could be commuted to life in prison.

This scum bag is 72, and would likely die before a death sentence would be carried out anyway.

Let him sit in a 6 x 6 cell, or whatever they are, for the rest of his miserable life.  With any luck, other inmates may carry out some kind of inmate retribution on this monster.

Not if they took a few pages from the Texan playbook. As for my overall opinion regarding the death penalty it should he used in a limited fashion. Rights of the accused would be respect but the process needs to speed up a bit. Five years max should death penalty appeals take to adjudicate.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 02:12:12 AM »

Have you ever been in prison? I don't think he's "getting off easy". In my personal view, I'd rather be dead than have a life sentence, but maybe that's me.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 06:02:20 AM »

Lol oldies, contraception always presents some risks you know!
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 07:53:54 AM »

He is not a "monster", he is not an "animal", he is not "slime". He is a human being. Accept that the sort of things done by Gosnell are well within the human capability for cruelty and depravity. Call him what you like, think what you like of his misdeeds, but you do not get to expel him from the human race for what he has done.

On the one hand, what does that say about how we conceive of and treat real-life animals? That we think of them as brutal, mindless killers? That they deserve no more respect or fair treatment than our worst criminals?

On the other, who else do we get to forcibly divest of their humanity, either rhetorically or in physical fact? Do we really want to do that as a society?

There are aspects of human-ness which are foul, pernicious and embarrassing. But referring to them as being possessed by "sub-humans" or "animals" or "slime" represents a failure to come to terms with them. In some measure they are ours, too.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 07:45:07 PM »

And this particular individual is indeed foul, pernicious and embarrassing, to say the least.

Yes, he is a human being, however, his actions betray that status.

Even the prosecuting attorney, clearly a legal authority, said to Gosnell during the trial

ARE YOU HUMAN?

A valid statement from the attorney indeed.   
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 09:00:15 PM »

And this particular individual is indeed foul, pernicious and embarrassing, to say the least.

Yes, he is a human being, however, his actions betray that status.

Even the prosecuting attorney, clearly a legal authority, said to Gosnell during the trial

ARE YOU HUMAN?

A valid statement from the attorney indeed.   

There is no way you can gain or lose human "status". If you are a member of Homo sapiens sapiens, then you are and always will be a human.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2013, 11:24:12 PM »
« Edited: May 17, 2013, 11:28:28 PM by LINCOLN REPUBLICAN »

Human monster would apply in this case, although Gosnell demonstrates none of the traits that humans should have.

And some here are playing with the technical term of human.

You all know the point I am making, so quit trying to play cute with the technical definitions.

I make no apologies for the terms I have used to describe this deplorable individual.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 11:48:23 PM »

Wait, does JCL actually believe that black convicts are given more lenient sentences than white convicts? That's possibly the most idiotic thing I've heard on this forum.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 11:42:18 AM »

White people have it so hard in this country.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2013, 12:34:38 PM »

Like I said in another thread, there is a less than 1% chance of Gosnell actually being executed had he been sentenced to death. The only difference is the state will waste loads of more money on appeals and clog up the legal system. Regardless of your views on the death penalty there is no point in sentencing someone to it in Pennsylvania.
BluegrassBlueVote
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2013, 02:53:25 PM »

What.

How is that an argument against the obvious truth of Snowstalker's statement?
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 11:01:49 PM »

Roll Eyes

Banning abortion does not eliminate or modify their demand; it simply forces them into the underground and encourages more Gosnells.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2013, 03:25:21 PM »

Nope. Instead what you will have is back alley abortion practitioners who are not MD's, and don't have a lot to lose, for the poors, and for non-poors, more round trip tickets purchased or vehicle border crossing to Canada or Mexico by pregnant women. Kermit is in a class by himself, and always will be.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2013, 09:52:53 AM »

There is sometimes a very arbitrary line between abortion in contraception very early in pregnancy. The outcome could vary from women who are "late" simply getting legal medication to restore regularity (i.e. its birth control and not abortion if you don't know "free of a reasonable doubt" if you're pregnant) to the only "birth control" being legal is condoms and diaphragms (which I think are even more iffy than condoms) (if the dude cums, she's knocked up and it's abortion). Then there are all kinds of questions about whether to basically shut down all promising medical research or allow cloning lest we try to stop it through abortion.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2013, 09:57:20 AM »
« Edited: June 02, 2013, 10:08:14 AM by InsaneTrollLogic »

Nope. Instead what you will have is back alley abortion practitioners who are not MD's, and don't have a lot to lose, for the poors, and for non-poors, more round trip tickets purchased or vehicle border crossing to Canada or Mexico by pregnant women. Kermit is in a class by himself, and always will be.

Sorry for the dp, btw. There was just a lot in this thread.

This  but I think the results will be the same as that.

I will go further by saying that abortifacients will be something between "spice" and "bath salts". Something in the grey area of the law that is ubiquitous  in the decaying underbellies of wealthy resort communities and  boom towns that went bust  where it becomes part of a way of life where the downwardly mobile (where for every success story of a college graduated-millennial getting an "elite" job, there are two of them who end up with nothing) assimilate into the underclass.
The Simpsons Cinematic Universe
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -2.78

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2013, 01:04:25 AM »

When I hear "abortion monster", I imagine the cookie monster, but with clothes hangers instead of cookies, who loves giving abortions to random unsuspecting pregnant women while they sleep.

Is this just me?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies