What is your favorite game show? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:05:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What is your favorite game show? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is your favorite game show?  (Read 583 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 19, 2013, 08:00:55 PM »
« edited: May 19, 2013, 08:07:37 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

Mine is Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy.

I miss the days where game shows, not reality tv, were popular.  You don't find many game shows on today.  The Game Show Network doesn't have as wide a variety of game shows as it used to.
My feelings exactly, although most of GSN'S original shows were pretty cheesy. 

I've always loved game shows (ever since I was quite young), but alas, most of the classic game shows have fallen by the wayside, and most of the newer ones (Biggest Loser, Survivor, etc.) are more reality shows.  Jeopardy makes numerous factual errors (they referred to Christine Todd Whitman as a Democrat and stated that Joseph was the son of Zilpah rather than Rachel), but it was always pretty good other than that.  I was always good remembering facts and figures like that, and people always told me I should go on there (nowadays I would probably have to shoot for the college tournament episodes.)  The new version of Family Feud is awful, and it seems to have a new host every week.  (Anybody remember when Richard Dawson or Louie Anderson hosted it?)  The Weakest Link was great too, if only to see contestants be bullied by a mean old British lady: "You are the weakest link, goodbye!" (Anne Robinson was a much better host than the guy who hosted it later.)  Who Wants to be a Millionaire was great back in the day when Regis hosted it, and I used to watch it religiously, but it's gone so far downhill that I don't even recognize the new show.  Wheel of Fortune is probably the best out there right now, but I'll also tune into The Price is Right when the TV is on my local CBS affiliate at that hour.  I probably don't have a single favorite, though.  Match Game, Press Your Luck, and Blockbusters (a show hosted by Bill Cullen in the early 80s) were great, too.
Thankfully, we still have newer game shows like Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? and Deal or No Deal that preserve the classic format.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies