The Update for Everybody Else
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:24:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 85737 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: October 08, 2013, 04:03:06 PM »

I'm glad Torie has found love Cheesy

Dukey remains lost in the wilderness, but his time will come. I did apologize to the girl I got angry with. She hasn't responded to me, and I guess she won't, but I have move passed it now. If she is interested in ever talking, she knows where to find me. Otherwise, she isn't worth having around in my life.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1051 on: October 08, 2013, 05:54:10 PM »

Thank you gentlemen. Most kind. I appreciate it. Smiley
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1052 on: October 08, 2013, 08:03:28 PM »

Congrats Torie. It is a wonderful feeling that alludes many and it sounds like you are well aware of that. Im glad you found it. Enjoy and best of luck.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1053 on: October 08, 2013, 08:36:09 PM »

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo, Torie! Smiley That's so awesome.

Anyway, since we are all talking about our romantic expeditions. Tongue I pull up next to these 3 girls in the taco bell parking lot, and so I got a bunch of smiles and they were continuously revving the engine up (actual car engine Tongue), apparently they wanted to talk to me, so hopefully this may mean I'm alright!
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1054 on: October 09, 2013, 12:47:26 AM »

Smiley

Lotsa happies in this thread right now Purple heart
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1055 on: October 09, 2013, 02:13:03 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2013, 02:15:20 PM by Scott »

Congratulations to you, Torie! Cheesy

Found out today my mom will be saving $1000 per month on our health insurance costs (plus free dental checkups in January) thanks to that evil Obamacare law.

$1000 per month? Surprise

Yup!  Free eye checkups for a year too, I learned.  We still have to get out of this house within a year, but this will help us tremendously.  We're also getting a series of other benefits that I'm not going to disclose here.

Obamacare is good law.  My mom and I haven't been this happy in months.

Halloween tree?  What kind of evil, parallel universe is this!?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1056 on: October 09, 2013, 03:10:56 PM »

The same one that will have the Thanksgiving Bunny visit us next month Smiley
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1057 on: October 09, 2013, 05:00:30 PM »

The same one that will have the Thanksgiving Bunny visit us next month Smiley

Just stay safe, afleitch.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1058 on: October 09, 2013, 05:43:13 PM »

(and no, opebo, Dan doesn't give a sh*t about my money (he cares even less about things than I do...

Money has very little to do with 'things', Torie.  It is all about power over other people.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1059 on: October 09, 2013, 09:50:49 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2013, 02:41:32 PM by Torie »

(and no, opebo, Dan doesn't give a sh*t about my money (he cares even less about things than I do...

Money has very little to do with 'things', Torie.  It is all about power over other people.

You are right about the power thing, opebo, and I am very careful to try to not use that power, or at least mask it. I want my partner to be an equal to me in every way.  I have zero interest in living with "servants." That might not be totally possible, but I am trying my best to make it as possible as possible as it were. In real life, I also make efforts to mask it all. The thing is you see, that folks have things to offer other than money. Never forget that - ever. So in the end, as I think I have suggested, it is more than an equal bargain, and in my favor. Dan gives me I think in many ways, more than I give him. He thinks the same thing in reverse (and as I said, he doesn't give a damn about the money). And therefore in the minds of both parties, they think they have a most excellent bargain. Make sense?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1060 on: October 09, 2013, 10:25:55 PM »

Money has very little to do with 'things', Torie.  It is all about power over other people.

You are right about the power thing, opebo, and I am very careful to try to not use that power, or at least mask it. I want my partner to be an equal to me in every way.  I have zero interest in living with "servants." That might not be totally possible, but I am trying my best to make it as possible as possible as it were. In real life, I also make efforts to mask it all. The thing is you see, that folks have things to offer other than money. Never forget that - ever. So in the end, as I think I have suggested, it is more than an equal bargain, and in my favor. Dan gives me I think in many ways, more than I give him. He thinks the same thing in reverse (and as I said, he doesn't give a damn about the money). And therefore in the minds of both parties, they think they have an a most excellent bargain. Make sense?
no
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1061 on: October 10, 2013, 02:44:00 PM »

Well at least your response has the virtue of brevity, a virtue as to which the co-extensiveness with myself is very close to the null set.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1062 on: October 11, 2013, 12:25:51 AM »

We've got a post-midterm break next week, much much needed, much tireds, so relax. Going to Boston (cambridge technically but idgaf that whole "you don't technically live in city x" bs is annoying) to visit a friend, leave tmrw. Happies Smiley :33
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #1063 on: October 11, 2013, 12:43:08 AM »

In my AP Art History class to-day (somewhat paraphrased):

Teacher: I didn't pay attention to my graduation because I kept staring at Henry Kissinger who was there.

Student: Was he a hunk?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1064 on: October 11, 2013, 01:12:25 AM »

Tomorrow's gonna be sick as Hell.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1065 on: October 11, 2013, 11:54:08 AM »

The cray cray girl I have been brooding over for a while made her return last night. We had a harbor cruise in Charleston with my law school. She was there and so was I. I didn't speak to her, but I walked by her most of the night. She was there with that poor sap guy who she's used for years.

After the cruise, we went out to a bar. I was leaving the parking deck, and I heard someone shout at me. It was her. She started talking to me, and we went to a bar. There, she tried to make small talk and then told me "she had forgiven me, but she wouldn't forget what I said, and we couldn't be friends again." I told her I never asked to be her friend anyway. Then she left. What a poor girl. She looked miserable too.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1066 on: October 11, 2013, 12:17:33 PM »

The cray cray girl I have been brooding over for a while made her return last night. We had a harbor cruise in Charleston with my law school. She was there and so was I. I didn't speak to her, but I walked by her most of the night. She was there with that poor sap guy who she's used for years.

After the cruise, we went out to a bar. I was leaving the parking deck, and I heard someone shout at me. It was her. She started talking to me, and we went to a bar. There, she tried to make small talk and then told me "she had forgiven me, but she wouldn't forget what I said, and we couldn't be friends again." I told her I never asked to be her friend anyway. Then she left. What a poor girl. She looked miserable too.

Man you really said some bad sh**t, it seems.  Yowza.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1067 on: October 11, 2013, 12:19:47 PM »

I really didn't, which is why it's so strange. I just told her I was disappointed. One of her friends told me the reason she is so upset is because I was the first person ever to call her out on her screw up, and that I should be happy I was no longer seeing her because she isn't trustworthy.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1068 on: October 11, 2013, 12:21:47 PM »

I really didn't, which is why it's so strange. I just told her I was disappointed. One of her friends told me the reason she is so upset is because I was the first person ever to call her out on her screw up, and that I should be happy I was no longer seeing her because she isn't trustworthy.

Indeed.  Now you can move on as well, since you talked.  Good man!
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1069 on: October 11, 2013, 02:47:40 PM »

I had a test in Advanced Modern Japanese that didn't go at all well by my standards, but none of my classmates really did that well either, so our professor's going to just curve the grade to Hell and back and not give us a comparable test again. I'm still a little jumpy about my grades, because I'm also starting divinity school applications. (Yes, I'm going to divinity school. No, it's not on an ordination track.)

Congratulations, Torie! It sounds like you've really come to a good place in your life.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1070 on: October 11, 2013, 02:56:41 PM »

I had a test in Advanced Modern Japanese that didn't go at all well by my standards, but none of my classmates really did that well either, so our professor's going to just curve the grade to Hell and back and not give us a comparable test again. I'm still a little jumpy about my grades, because I'm also starting divinity school applications. (Yes, I'm going to divinity school. No, it's not on an ordination track.)

Congratulations, Torie! It sounds like you've really come to a good place in your life.

Which divinity school? Smiley
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1071 on: October 11, 2013, 03:02:54 PM »

I'm hoping (hoping) for BU, Yale, or the Atlantic School of Theology up in Halifax. I'm also applying to Queen's (in Newfoundland), Harvard, BC, and Iliff (in Colorado; the only one outside New England and Atlantic Canada).
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1072 on: October 11, 2013, 07:17:33 PM »

I'm hoping (hoping) for BU, Yale, or the Atlantic School of Theology up in Halifax. I'm also applying to Queen's (in Newfoundland), Harvard, BC, and Iliff (in Colorado; the only one outside New England and Atlantic Canada).

Hmm, yale? Granted idk anything about their divinity school but that is definitely not on the list of places I'd imagine you at.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1073 on: October 14, 2013, 12:14:38 PM »

Word to the wise. If ever offered the opportunity to box at 10:30 at night, don't do it.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1074 on: October 14, 2013, 08:12:03 PM »

Hmm, yale? Granted idk anything about their divinity school but that is definitely not on the list of places I'd imagine you at.

Neither would I if it were for any other program, but the divinity school is pretty separate from the rest of the university in terms of its campus culture, history, and ideological bent. I'm still a little leery about it, and currently leaning away from it if I get into more than one of my top three.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies