rank the presidents since 1968.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:53:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  rank the presidents since 1968.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: rank the presidents since 1968....  (Read 11558 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: February 23, 2005, 05:31:07 PM »
« edited: March 03, 2005, 06:20:02 PM by Alcon »

Clinton - stayed out of the way and let business evolve.  Good conservative; brought his party rightward.  My personal favorite.

Reagan - Hyped up the cold war and the spending, forcing the Evil Empire to max out their proverbial credit cards.  Good Nationalistic Repbulican.  2nd favorite

Bush the Younger - Jury's still out, as mentioned before, but, with the silly foray into steel tariffing, has generally stayed out of my way, and gets huge points for that cocky swagger and refusal to get bogged down with questions about his personal life.  Like Reagan he's something of a Nationalist.  Not sure if that's good or bad.  Currently 3rd favorite, but has the potential to end up or down.

The rest, in no particular order, deserve mention but could not manage to get themselves re-elected.  Can't put those who don't manage the job well enough to get re-elected above those who do, with one notable exception.

Carter - Generally a good man, but never stayed out of my way.  And the one time he got involved in a good way was when he recognized that our national appetite for cheap oil would eventually spell our decline.  But after a 1979 speech to this effect was so widely ridiculed, he backed off in order to try to win in 1980. 

Ford - pardoned nixon, the right thing to do, but otherwise left me rather flacid. 

Bush the Elder - Almost stayed out of my way, but layed out the terms of his defeat four years later with that moronic "read my lips" speech.

Nixon - I can't find any redeeming qualities in this bastard.  He sold out the individualists in the GOP in order to bring the traditionalists on board, etc., etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies