GeoGuessr / Map-Race (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:35:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  GeoGuessr / Map-Race (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GeoGuessr / Map-Race  (Read 5267 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 22, 2013, 02:57:23 AM »

First one I got some long ass highway in Manitoba. I just randomly guessed North Dakota and got 2271 points. Next is a very obviously Russian city. I did some Google fu on one of the shops, found one in Yekaterinburg, and was off by 1000 km. Some crazy Russian city. This was easier. I found a sign called Hess Creek, looked for more signs, and more Google-fu and the MPH sign led me to believe it was in eastern Alaska. I was only 36 km away and got 4407 for that one. Halfassed another Russian city. Turned out to be Volgograd of all places. I guessed the middle of Ukraine. Yay, I guess? Another 2000 points. Googled a bit for the last one. Holy ****. This looks like a road I knew. Still clicked and Googled and it turned out to be Mississippi. I guessed. Six kilometers away.

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 05:56:23 PM »

I was lucky and got a location on a culdesac near a high school. 0.02 miles away. The problem is it threw me into a location where I couldn't move so I had to quit.

Next one was in a fairly precise location. Googled a bit and found three intersections somewhere in Iowa. OF course, if I go backwards I find a giant sign with "WELCOME TO SABULA" plastered on it. Lots of time wasted for 6000+ points. Next one is a distinctly Spanish city. I guessed Seville. Turned out to be a suburb of Seville. 3996 points. Next one had a ****ton of signs with Salen on them, googled and found Salen, Sweden. More signs for Cisterna di Latina. Google fu and 6645 points. .1 km away. San Simeon again. I Google, I pinpoint it, and this happens:

Is 27620 the record?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 11:14:24 PM »

holy sh**balls
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies