GeoGuessr / Map-Race (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:44:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  GeoGuessr / Map-Race (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GeoGuessr / Map-Race  (Read 5272 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: May 22, 2013, 12:26:45 AM »
« edited: May 22, 2013, 12:39:18 AM by Senator MaxQue »

You're lucky, I just entered the game and got the middle of a field. There is fields pretty much anywhere in the world (apparently was a bit east of Dusseldorf, Germany).

EDIT: Got 10901 points, with terrible things (a field in Germany with no clue to find it, some university with Korean signage (I mistook it for Japanese, through), some city with an sign ending by .br, some random Russian street and some highway with an Alberta sign (for Leitch Colliery, which I never heard about))
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 12:50:16 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2013, 01:23:31 AM by Senator MaxQue »

For whatever reason I'm getting a ton of locations in Manitoba.

It's huge and as lots of pictures of empty roads.
I feel the pain, I have the same issue, but with rural Montana. Nothing against it, but rural Montana is pretty non-descript.

EDIT: 23645 (here, probably won't ever get better than that, since I got so lucky (a Illinois crossroad with the numbers of the roads and to which city they led, a quarantaine station on the Western Australian border (why they have them? any australian can help? I'm very surprised at that.) and a downtown with an huge sign "Ketchitan, the 1st Alaskan city" or something like that.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 01:05:13 PM »

A good tip is that if the image quality is blurry, it's probably from the US. Most rural US imagery is still from the first StreetView cams which were low quality.

You would have guessed than since it's Google home country, they would have managed to pass again since then (since the first StreetView cams were a couple of years ago).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies