GeoGuessr / Map-Race (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:25:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  GeoGuessr / Map-Race (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GeoGuessr / Map-Race  (Read 5259 times)
Foucaulf
« on: May 22, 2013, 09:33:04 PM »
« edited: May 22, 2013, 10:33:46 PM by Foucaulf »

My first try was around 14000 or so, but then I decided to do a score attack. I let myself google up cities, people, anything, just to obtain the highest possible score.

That record is 32278 points 32343 points. Don't think I'll be playing that game for a while.
Foucaulf
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 11:15:15 PM »

Is the page all stretchy for everyone else? I think Mr. Enderman's link might be throwing things for a bit of a loop...

Also, Australia gets me every time. Looks way too much like Africa. What are the rules we're all following? Are Google searches of things on signs allowed? Are we allowed to move the arrows around and go on a bit of a street view journey?

This game's programming is certainly not the most elegant. I wonder if a mod can embed that link instead of having it here in its full glory?

Anyways, the game is nearly impossible to do well without navigation. Google ought not to be allowed, but the variations in the game's difficulty make it hard to put everybody on equal ground without searching. Even if you use Google the game still poses some challenge (when you, for example, start studying the contours of the road to figure out the exact location).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies