Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:17:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster  (Read 9275 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2013, 11:45:25 AM »

My second favorite member of our Irish delegation. I don't know him too well, but he seems to be rather level-headed, knowledgeable, and intolerant of my frequent nonsense on the IRC. I do remember he had a strange but entertaining comic in his sig back in the day as well.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2013, 11:49:03 AM »

Snowstalker has his heart in the right place, and he's probably the person most ideologically in sync with me, if a bit of a conservative socially and kind of to my left when he says stuff about a 'classless, stateless' society, which I find weird and impossible, to be frank. Maybe classless is possible in a post-scarcity environment, but stateless? I highly doubt it; even anarchists want some form of government, albeit a non-coercive (i.e. non-functioning) one. Anyway, Snowstalker is a good guy, he just suffers from foot-in-mouth syndrome, which is understandable, because he's a teenager. He'll eventually mature into a poster without that syndrome and will probably look back on some of the things he said and cringe mightily.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2013, 01:06:42 PM »

Despite my differences with TNF, I actually kind of like him. He seems to actually be concerned about the welfare of the working class instead of the oh so trendy people who look down their noses at people worse off than themselves. That said, I think he is severely misguided on how to better the working class. His views on labour markets, immigration and social issues each have clear instances where they harm the working class. Ex: I think sexual libertinism has maimed the institutions that provide stability for the working poor, he does not.

All in all an ok if somewhat frustrating individual/
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2013, 01:21:35 PM »

DC Al Fine is a decent person. Pretty... different views on social issues (more than a 1.39 would suggest) that are extremely different from mine, and IIRC he supports monarchies, but he's pretty stable economically and is overall a decent guy. Quality new poster.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2013, 01:35:06 PM »

Sjoyce is smart as hell. Too smart for his own good almost. I'm sure he's headed for an Ivy League school some day and if he doesn't make that ill be shocked. But sometimes he has to learn to speak to the common man, much like me, as our non Ivy League minds have trouble grasping the lofty ideals they hold.

While I give him a hard time in atlasia, I have respect for him, especially since he sought out my advice in the past. It's always a good trait to have. Not to ignore past experiences when it comes current events.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2013, 06:30:58 PM »

DC Al Fine is a decent person. Pretty... different views on social issues (more than a 1.39 would suggest)

That'd be my ultra dove foreign policy dragging it down.

SKIP
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2013, 08:58:20 PM »

he seems to far left to be rep
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2013, 09:00:13 PM »

Reasonable and well-meaning centrist Republican. Brothers-in-arms in AP English Language and Composition.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2013, 10:29:29 PM »

I'm really not quite sure what to make of him. Presents himself as a Democrat but his positions on several issues seem, for lack of a better way to phrase this, authoritarian in a somewhat reactionary way and his general ideology is a little hard for me to nail down. I've never known him to be anything other than polite.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2013, 10:32:43 PM »

Honestly, with Nathan, flaws are hard to detect.  I know he'd insist that I'm wrong, as he's definitely one of the modest types around here - and hey, how much can one possibly know from someone's internet posts?  But I digress.  His posts are always insightful and leave me knowing more.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2013, 10:49:48 PM »

Is very nice, and overall a big FF!  But that sometimes means he doesn't quite fit in, since this forum is often the opposite.  Sad  (but that doesn't mean you should change your demeanor, btw)  Wink
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2013, 11:36:12 PM »

I'm really not quite sure what to make of him. Presents himself as a Democrat but his positions on several issues seem, for lack of a better way to phrase this, authoritarian in a somewhat reactionary way and his general ideology is a little hard for me to nail down. I've never known him to be anything other than polite.

I agree I haven't posted much about my ideology but I don't think I've presented myself in an authoritarian way-I'm more or less where Obama is (or slightly to the left) except on abortion and free trade.

SKIP
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2013, 12:08:27 AM »

Fuzzy is one of our greatest mapmakers, and therefore a poster whose contributions are invaluable. He's also a pretty nice guy to talk with. I hope I'll have the opportunity to get to know him better.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2013, 09:19:54 AM »

I appreciate not only that Tony is committed to a certain ideological program (social democracy), but that he has an intellectual interest in interrogating and investigating that program. Fittingly, he's willing to trade some barbs with the forum's conservatives - and is most often seen displaying a rather abrasive style - but in theoretical or academic discussions, he is, to use the words of Joe Biden, "clean, bright and articulate".
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2013, 09:28:16 AM »

The best mapmaker on the forum. Greatly increased my interest in maps and map making, and helped me to start learning counties in certain states.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2013, 02:17:32 PM »

I appreciate him. He's really nice and contributes well on this forum. He doesn't really know where he's politically (he often changes Tongue) and he seems to love politics! I have nothing to reproach him. FF
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2013, 03:58:08 PM »

Is a poster in a developmentalist stage. "It's too early to say" - said Zhou Enlai on the French, or something.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2013, 04:55:39 PM »

Is a poster in a developmentalist stage. "It's too early to say" - said Zhou Enlai on the French, or something.
I don't know him too well, but seems like a cool guy. You're an Irish Nationalist, right? I disagree on that.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2013, 05:41:28 PM »

I don't know him at all. I'll be brutally honest. But it's always nice to see another Carolinian on this site. Having spent my first 10 years in the old north state and 4 years for college, it still holds a special place in my heart, even if I'm back in South Carolina for the time being.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2013, 07:24:45 PM »

An old veteran of the forum and of Atlasia. Has done a fine job as Vice President/Marokai's lover, and I wish him best of luck in his future presidency with Vice President Cincinnatus. But in all seriousness, a pretty cool guy who can hopefully knock some sense into Bushie.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2013, 07:30:45 PM »

An interesting fellow with a dark sense of humor/a tendency to say things that probably shouldn't have been said. We don't agree on much, but nevertheless I feel like we get along.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2013, 08:58:00 PM »

I can't think of anything "brutal" to say in my description. He's a cool dude and a libertarian. I can't think of much more to say. Awesome dude. However, he did insult my Master Genius Plan in Atlasia, and I really can't let that go. Do you know how hard I worked on that plan? The countless night I spent up with a calculator, tabulating results from previous elections and trying out different formulas? And you know why I did it? For this country that I love so much, Atlasia, where people still pretend they're free. In any case, that's my only complaint. Other than that, he seems like a great guy. Can't think of much more to say.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2013, 11:33:29 PM »

For someone that's younger than me (IIRC), his knowledge of history is pretty much first-class. His timelines and his general work in the What-If forum is awesome too. Some of his politics is kinda objectable, but he doesn't beat it on his chest. One of Atlasia's best.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2015, 05:39:16 PM »

(I found this topic when I was searching something)

Well,
Morgieb is a highly knowledgeable member of this forum, his contributions are well appreciated especially in the International Elections board. He never "clashes" with people and isn't an attention whore, so that's really a good thing. Glad he decided to be back here Smiley.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2015, 05:44:08 PM »

A cheerful and polite Frenchmen, whose politics seem to consist of blunt left-wing authoritarianism. His anti-freedom ideology is annoying, though the openness and enthusiasm with which he presents his views is refreshing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies