Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:21:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster  (Read 9281 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: May 24, 2013, 08:07:20 PM »

Napoleon is a pretty articulate poster and can be quite friendly when you are "on his team", but he has the tendency to get arrogant and aggressive when confronted to people with different views. This gets particularly bad in the context of Atlasia (really, Atlasia makes everyone worse). I have the feeling he's getting better in that regard, though. I'm not exactly fond of his politics, he tends to be that kind of left-libertarian, New Democrat third-wayer who loves Clinton and doesn't care as much as I would like about redistribution and a strong welfare state. But he's a good poster overall.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 01:05:52 PM »

Alfred is one of the most sensible leftists on the forum right now. He seems to be pretty energetic and passionate in all the forum activities he engages in. I think we probably agree on almost everything regarding policy (though he has rarely debated policy so far, so I'm not sure). In short, an excellent addition to the forum.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 10:38:48 PM »

I greatly appreciate TNF's unapologetic stand for economic progressivism and deep concern for the living conditions of the working class. While I don't agree with all his views, he is one of the few leftists who haven't forgotten what being left-wing means. He also seems like a nice guy, though we haven't interacted much.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 11:09:12 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2013, 11:11:26 PM by Formerly Californian Tony »

For that reason, I worry for his sanity, since he's often committed to movements that'll perennially disappoint him, but we on the Left are in just as hopeless a situation as his, so even there there's commonality.

Indeed. The only alternative for a modern leftist is between having our hopes crushed over and over again, or to finally lose hope and refuge in bitter cynicism. I still think the former attitude is the least worse of the two, though I think I'm increasingly moving toward the latter.

SKIP
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 12:08:27 AM »

Fuzzy is one of our greatest mapmakers, and therefore a poster whose contributions are invaluable. He's also a pretty nice guy to talk with. I hope I'll have the opportunity to get to know him better.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies