Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:44:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster  (Read 9314 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: May 21, 2013, 07:56:46 PM »
« edited: May 21, 2013, 07:58:34 PM by oakvale »

Not a bad guy, and he's clearly, despite all indications to the contrary, quite bright, but he needs to lay off the attempts at humour. A smug attitude towards the, er, "hedonist cesspool" (Snowstalker, 2013), makes you come off like a condescending snob who's apparently opposed to people having fun. Or something. Nice guy really, but needs to stop trying to be funny forever and generally take a moment to think of how his words sound before he posts/speaks. The moral high ground is an awfully  precarious place when you're 17.

EDIT: Source for "he's clearly [...] bright": "I've met very few people who are more intelligent than me" - Snowstalker, Atlas Forum IRC, 2013.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 12:06:34 PM »

I literally have no idea who he is and furthermore have no idea who the second picture in his sig is but the first is apparently Mary Landrieu so I'll have to assume he's some awful 'moderate" who likes Mary Landrieu for some reason. If I am wrong feel free to correct me and I will revise my opinion accordingly.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 02:02:25 PM »

Hash is one of the best posters on the Atlas, and from talking to him I've found we're on the same page on virtually every political issue, both in "ideology" and general attitude. We share the same disgust for True Leftist and Paultard morons, and are the two founding members of the Atlas Drone Fan Club, which includes supporting drone strikes on that town in New Hampshire that libertarians took over. You can tell someone studies politics closely when they're utterly disgusted by the process and have raw contempt for people who buy into the theatre of it - i.e. people who obsessively watch the party conventions during a Presidential election. I also admire Hash's brief but memorable time as leader of PASOK.

In summary,

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies