Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:07:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster  (Read 9309 times)
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« on: May 24, 2013, 06:16:05 PM »

Very postivie: fellow Presbyterian and politically centrist (especially compared to the average of PCA members). Although admittedly I think he should come over to the Dems.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 09:00:13 PM »

Reasonable and well-meaning centrist Republican. Brothers-in-arms in AP English Language and Composition.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 11:36:12 PM »

I'm really not quite sure what to make of him. Presents himself as a Democrat but his positions on several issues seem, for lack of a better way to phrase this, authoritarian in a somewhat reactionary way and his general ideology is a little hard for me to nail down. I've never known him to be anything other than polite.

I agree I haven't posted much about my ideology but I don't think I've presented myself in an authoritarian way-I'm more or less where Obama is (or slightly to the left) except on abortion and free trade.

SKIP
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 10:07:11 PM »

TheHawk seems to be a nice guy all around but I strongly disagree with his political ideology which appears to both libertarian and libertine. I'm also not sure how serious his Satanism schtick is.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 11:49:45 PM »

Much of what I'll say will mirror TNF's own statements, but obviously we disagree very strongly on politics-in terms of actual issues certainly but especially in underlying philosophy and assumptions. While we broadly agree on the necessity of ensuring at least a minimum standard of living for all people, the need for workers to organize for their interests, and so forth we clearly disagree on the necessity of the destruction of the current capitalistic socioeconomic system as opposed to reforming as the best outcome for most people. Additionally we obviously disagree completely on issues such as foreign policy, abortion, and so forth. Nonetheless I think TNF is an honest and sincere individual who has shown himself able to change his views based upon the evidence and consistently driven by the desire to secure justice and a decent life for the vast majority of the human race. I've always respected his contributions to online forums, going back several years and ironically enough his previous social democratic views contributed greatly to my own current opinions.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 12:12:26 AM »

A good dude, if regrettably as the alternate timelines have proven time and time again prioritized the few hot-button social issues of the left over the big picture ones and the economics (why else would one ever vote for Birch Bayh over Terry Sanford, why else would you vote for a Kennedy over Muskie?).

?

SKIP
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 12:54:56 AM »

A good dude, if regrettably as the alternate timelines have proven time and time again prioritized the few hot-button social issues of the left over the big picture ones and the economics (why else would a leftist Democrat to this day ever vote for Birch Bayh over Terry Sanford, why else would you vote for a Kennedy over Muskie?).

?

SKIP

Also without a defined stance on foreign policy beyond a disgust for the Iraq War, so I guess this makes him a textbook California liberal.

Erhm, I hope you do realize one of my schticks is focusing on "bread and butter" issues over social issues (hence why I'm a strong supporter of New Deal Democrats such as FDR himself, Truman, Humphrey, and H. Jackson) while I'm relatively conservative on social issues-being strongly pro-life for instance. I'm not sure what alternate timeline elections you are talking about. As for foreign policy,my posts generally implied support for liberal internationalism.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies