Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:23:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Give a detailed, sincere, brutally honest description of the previous poster  (Read 9279 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« on: May 24, 2013, 09:20:30 PM »

One of my favorite posters here, Tony is a solid lefty with a penchant for straight-talking and doesn't really engage posters trying to back him into a corner in a debate.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 10:58:46 AM »

A "socially liberal, fiscally conservative" Republican that supports same-sex marriage and would seriously make a better Arkansas Democrat than he would an Arkansas Republican. Not sure why he's still siding with the party of Huckabee (the conservative populist) rather than the party of Clinton (the social liberal) at this point, but he seems like a nice guy, in spite of his overclass politics.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 02:14:50 PM »

A libertarian Republican, which is really about all I can say at this point, because I'm afraid I don't know him very well. I do rather find his signature funny however, and I am glad that he's one of our forum members that is involved in Atlasia, even if it's not in the region I'm in nor are we anywhere near ideologically similar (except perhaps on some foreign policy issues)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 10:04:06 PM »

Matt is the kind of guy that the Republican Party as a whole should emulate more often. He's pragmatic and gets along well in spite of being a conservative in a forum full of lefties.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 10:15:27 PM »

It really seems to me that He is bill clinton.

Son, is that you?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 06:23:23 AM »

A sincere paleoconservative, we really don't see eye to eye on anything, but at least he's not one of those types among the young libertarian right that would sacrifice civil rights for tax cuts or peace in the midst of a war or whatever.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 04:01:51 PM »

ghost_white is one of the few actual conservatives we have on the forum. Most of the rest of them are just boilerplate libertarians or right-wing liberals. Unlike those supposed conservatives, ghost_white  holds positions that, in my mind, aren't ones that call for the abrogation of our communal bonds to one another as human beings living in a civilized environment. The fact that he agrees more often than not with those to his left (like myself) just goes to show you how warped 'conservatism' has become in the Anglosphere, with the traditional, communal kind of conservatism has been completely replaced by the monster that is neoliberalism. Oh, and he's a fun guy to talk with and really knows his stuff.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 11:49:03 AM »

Snowstalker has his heart in the right place, and he's probably the person most ideologically in sync with me, if a bit of a conservative socially and kind of to my left when he says stuff about a 'classless, stateless' society, which I find weird and impossible, to be frank. Maybe classless is possible in a post-scarcity environment, but stateless? I highly doubt it; even anarchists want some form of government, albeit a non-coercive (i.e. non-functioning) one. Anyway, Snowstalker is a good guy, he just suffers from foot-in-mouth syndrome, which is understandable, because he's a teenager. He'll eventually mature into a poster without that syndrome and will probably look back on some of the things he said and cringe mightily.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 10:58:04 PM »

As far as his actual views go, I'm not a huge fan and we don't have a lot of agreement outside of a few parochial positions on unions, social welfare, and the like. I think he's far too gung-ho when it comes to supporting military intervention, and his social conservatism and views on religion are bizarre, especially for a Frenchman. Tongue Nevertheless, windjammer is a good guy and I consider him a friend. He's pretty much the Comrade Rolodex of Atlasia, if you catch my drift, which means that he's always a good guy to have on your side.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies