Swann Donated to Kerry in '97
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:46:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Swann Donated to Kerry in '97  (Read 12053 times)
danwxman

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 22, 2005, 07:33:34 PM »

PoliticsPA has learned that likely GOP Gubernatorial candidate Lynn Swann donated at least three times to Senator John Kerry's re-election campaign in 1996 and 1997.  Swann has otherwise been a frequent contributor to Republican campaigns since the 1980's.

-----

Oh, I hope Scranton and Piccola make this an issue in the primary!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 07:37:02 PM »

Yeah I'm not thrilled about it and he also gave to Specter.

However, if Piccola and Scranton want to make this an issue, Swann can show every Republican the pictures of him campaigning for the President. He is the President's Director of the Council on Physical Fitness.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 07:37:20 PM »

ok, I donated to Hoeffel's campaign.  Big deal
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 07:40:19 PM »

ok, I donated to Hoeffel's campaign.  Big deal

I'm crushed. Sad
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 07:42:40 PM »

Cheesy
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 09:33:32 PM »

I have only recently gotten involved in any national politics (thanks to my Vice President), and now am looking into the Pennsylvania Gubernatorial race where it looks like Swann is quite an electable man who could be Governor Rendell. I see that the PA Dems are afraid of Swann, and they are pulling out insignifigant crud like this to discredit him.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 09:36:04 PM »

I have only recently gotten involved in any national politics (thanks to my Vice President), and now am looking into the Pennsylvania Gubernatorial race where it looks like Swann is quite an electable man who could be Governor Rendell. I see that the PA Dems are afraid of Swann, and they are pulling out insignifigant crud like this to discredit him.

Actually the PA Dems are so confident that Rendell can pretty much beat anyone but they'll be in for a big surprise. I'd say they would be most concerned about Swann though.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 09:37:04 PM »

Actually the PA Dems are so confident that Rendell can pretty much beat anyone but they'll be in for a big surprise. I'd say they would be most concerned about Swann though.

You know what, I just broke my promise to myself to never post under any Pennsylvania related topics! Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 09:38:10 PM »

Also, I forgot to add, that his primary opponents, two rather liberal Republicans, are the ones bringing this up. They must forget all the campaigning Swann did for the President here and the fact that he heads the President's Fitness Council. Also, I'm sure Swann will show this picture a few times during the campaign...

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 09:38:44 PM »

You know what, I just broke my promise to myself to never post under any Pennsylvania related topics! Smiley

You're sucked in now! Smiley
danwxman

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 10:10:56 PM »

Also, I forgot to add, that his primary opponents, two rather liberal Republicans, are the ones bringing this up. They must forget all the campaigning Swann did for the President here and the fact that he heads the President's Fitness Council. Also, I'm sure Swann will show this picture a few times during the campaign...

Piccola is a conservative?!?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2005, 10:12:17 PM »

I just stated that he is not.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005, 10:13:01 PM »

*secretly puts envelope filed with cash addressed to Re-elect Allyson Schwartz '06, Inc. in mailbox*
danwxman

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2005, 10:13:24 PM »

Ooops, mean't to say ISN'T?Huh He's the most conservative one running for the nomination!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2005, 10:14:45 PM »

Ooops, mean't to say ISN'T?Huh He's the most conservative one running for the nomination!

No he isn't. Swann is clearly the most conservative. Piccola has been seen as a RINO by many.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2005, 10:15:39 PM »

*secretly puts envelope filed with cash addressed to Re-elect Allyson Schwartz '06, Inc. in mailbox*

Yeah...that's worse.  Sad
danwxman

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2005, 10:17:35 PM »

No he isn't. Swann is clearly the most conservative. Piccola has been seen as a RINO by many.

We don't even know where Swann is politically. We do know that he supported Specter and gave money to John Kerry.  Piccola has spearheaded the opposition to just about every Rendell initiative in the state senate.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2005, 10:20:13 PM »

Scranton might as well be a Democrat and Piccola is the model of a Specter Republican.  Swann is obviously the best choice.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2005, 10:21:37 PM »

We don't even know where Swann is politically. We do know that he supported Specter and gave money to John Kerry.  Piccola has spearheaded the opposition to just about every Rendell initiative in the state senate.

Piccola has actually supported Rendell spending proposals. Also, when it comes to where Swann stands, we do know this...  http://www.grassrootspa.com/2005/01/swann-pro-life-pro-gun-anti-tax-pro.html
danwxman

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2005, 10:24:33 PM »

Name one issue Piccola is liberal or moderate on.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2005, 10:28:23 PM »

He was in favor of abortion rights but happened to switch a few months ago. His voting record is still seen as a Pro Choice record.
danwxman

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2005, 01:49:15 AM »
« Edited: February 23, 2005, 01:52:46 AM by danwxman »

He was in favor of abortion rights but happened to switch a few months ago. His voting record is still seen as a Pro Choice record.

Oh no, according to Piccola he's been pro-life for years. Smiley

He's just a political opportunist like Santorum, except Santorum seems to have stronger core beliefs. Every time he runs for re-election, he runs to the left and plays himself as a moderate. His district does after all include the city of Harrisburg and the area around it which is very liberal. As an incumbent he's tough to beat because he can raise money very well, but he knows he's somewhat vulnerable.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2005, 01:56:29 AM »

He's just a political opportunist like Santorum, except Santorum seems to have stronger core beliefs. Every time he runs for re-election, he runs to the left and plays himself as a moderate. His district does after all include the city of Harrisburg and the area around it which is very liberal. As an incumbent he's tough to beat because he can raise money very well, but he knows he's somewhat vulnerable.

The point - Suddenly when there's a race between two Pro Choice candidates (at the time Swann wasn't really in the race yet) Piccola saw that voters wouldn't see much of a difference between the two and would probably go with the more well known candidate (Scranton). Therefore, to attract the strong Pro Life vote, he suddenly thought about his position on the issue again and became "Pro Life."
danwxman

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2005, 01:58:05 AM »

The point - Suddenly when there's a race between two Pro Choice candidates (at the time Swann wasn't really in the race yet) Piccola saw that voters wouldn't see much of a difference between the two and would probably go with the more well known candidate (Scranton). Therefore, to attract the strong Pro Life vote, he suddenly thought about his position on the issue again and became "Pro Life."

No sh*t sherlock. Didn't I point this out weeks ago and you said "no he's been pro-life for years"?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2005, 02:02:21 AM »

No sh*t sherlock. Didn't I point this out weeks ago and you said "no he's been pro-life for years"?

Why do you get so angry? You must have some temper problems.

Anyway, I have never said Jeff Piccola has been Pro Life for years. Never. You must have been talking to someone else.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies