All-Male Panel Considers House Bill To Restrict Women's Reproductive Rights
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:28:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  All-Male Panel Considers House Bill To Restrict Women's Reproductive Rights
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: All-Male Panel Considers House Bill To Restrict Women's Reproductive Rights  (Read 4454 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2013, 04:55:27 PM »

Jeeze! Next thing you know, we're going to have a bunch of members pass a healthcare law they want to exempt themselves from!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2013, 05:00:09 PM »

In the 1970's an all adult supreme court restricted babies' right to life...

You think that calling fetuses babies helps your side, but it really hurts your side.  Rational, reasonable people who might be swayed by your other arguments are immediately turned off my that emotion-whoring terminology.

Setting aside the general stupidity of the author, this post is ridiculous for other reasons. Please give reasons why calling the unborn "babies" turns people off. I have literally never heard this argument. Also, I'm so glad your party never engaged in "emotion-whoring." Never! You know, setting aside the "Republicans despise the poor, women, ethnic minorities, gays, disabled, etc." talking points. That aside, you never engage in it.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2013, 05:10:18 PM »

In the 1970's an all adult supreme court restricted babies' right to life...

You think that calling fetuses babies helps your side, but it really hurts your side.  Rational, reasonable people who might be swayed by your other arguments are immediately turned off my that emotion-whoring terminology.

Setting aside the general stupidity of the author, this post is ridiculous for other reasons. Please give reasons why calling the unborn "babies" turns people off. I have literally never heard this argument. Also, I'm so glad your party never engaged in "emotion-whoring." Never! You know, setting aside the "Republicans despise the poor, women, ethnic minorities, gays, disabled, etc." talking points. That aside, you never engage in it.
Yeah, how dare we criticize Republicans for actually hating the poor, women, ethnic minorities, gays, the disabled, etc.  Republicans should be completely free of criticism on their war against everything not white, straight, male, and of sound body.

Whether such contempt for these groups is expressed implicitly or explicitly is up for debate.  But the contempt and mean-spiritedness is glaringly obvious.  Especially because the Republicans wail and gnash their teeth when accused of what they are guilty of.  "BUT WE SHOULD BE FREE OF CRITICISM.  OUR VIEWS ARE OUR TRADITIONS... WE'RE NOT BIGOTS!  WE'RE JUST BULLIES WHO CAN DISH IT OUT BUT CAN'T TAKE IT!"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2013, 05:21:20 PM »

Right and it's definitely the GOP that's "emotion-whoring." Roll Eyes

I like this logic: "We're able to criticize your side because you guys really do hate x, y and z but don't you dare say we hate babies! Don't even say babies. That's emotion-whoring!" Tell me again: who can dish it out but can't take it?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2013, 05:55:37 PM »

I like this logic: "We're able to criticize your side because you guys really do hate x, y and z but don't you dare say we hate babies! Don't even say babies. That's emotion-whoring!" Tell me again: who can dish it out but can't take it?
Actually I couldn't care less whether you use the term "babies" or "innocent very small humans"... that doesn't excuse the nastiness and contemptuous attitudes of the right on people who don't look and act like them.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2013, 05:57:57 PM »

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2013, 06:08:49 PM »

Actually I couldn't care less whether you use the term "babies" or "innocent very small humans"... that doesn't excuse the nastiness and contemptuous attitudes of the right on people who don't look and act like them.

Again, remind me who is emotion whoring and exaggeration. Constant victimization. Of course, those on the left aren't known for looking down their noses in contempt for those not like them. Roll Eyes
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2013, 11:51:32 PM »

so your point is , what, the Subcommittee on the Constitution shouldn't consider bills dealing with abortion?   there should be a gender quota on every House Committee?
Yes.

And while we are at it every Subcommittee should have representation from the Bulgarian-American community so the Bulgarian-American community's rights can be protected.

*facepalm*
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies