The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 02:27:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 210978 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: July 21, 2013, 01:55:26 PM »
« edited: July 21, 2013, 01:58:25 PM by Communists For McCain »

This is seriously one of the most horrible posts I've ever read.  And yes I'm including joke trolls.

Massive HP. He's a murderer who should be in prison until the day he dies (and that's only because I don't support the death penalty). I truly, sincerely, and absolutely hope his life is destroyed as a result of this. He deserves as much mercy as he gave Travyon Martin. The only one with a legitimate self-defense claim was Trayvon, who was unfortunately unable to make that claim in a court of law.

To those that mention party, I don't care in the least bit. All murderers belong behind bars, no matter what party they are. I really don't think it's safe for an African-American to live in the state of Florida.

It is slightly hyperbolic, but the sentiment is fundamentally correct. Murderers are f**king murderers, that's all.

Political Lefty's language indicates a kind of vengeance-based theory of justice more typically associated the far right. Utterly barbaric. Mecha was right to post it here.

Though I absolutely don't share this feeling, I think it is somewhat understandable in these circumstances. Seeing a guy take away a young life out of sheer stupidity/bigotry and get away with it because of some stupid stand-your-ground law enacted by morally bankrupt vigilante-loving conservative nutjobs is more than a decent person can take without getting enraged to the point when rational thought is somewhat impaired.

I'm sorry I can't get enraged by a bigoted murderer now days.  After the centuries of bloodthirsty mass murderers being in office that have endorsed the murder of millions, it's kind of hard for me to lose sleep over one "white" racist in Florida who plays vigilante.
I'm so very very sorry.

But while I'm here, I should point out that had PL left out the first two sentences (Not counting "Massive HP", which is really more like a fragment. . . grammar nazis), he would've made a pretty good point.  Unfortunately, he had to let his masturbatory anger out, which is why he's here.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #326 on: July 21, 2013, 02:11:19 PM »

I'm sorry I can't get enraged by a bigoted murderer now days.  After the centuries of bloodthirsty mass murderers being in office that have endorsed the murder of millions, it's kind of hard for me to lose sleep over one "white" racist in Florida who plays vigilante.
I'm so very very sorry.

Good for you.

Murderers, in countries with the rule of law, generally tend to be prosecuted and sentenced at least to prison.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #327 on: July 21, 2013, 02:15:32 PM »

What do countries with the rule of law do with convicted pedophiles?  I'm fascinated to know.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #328 on: July 22, 2013, 07:29:11 AM »

What do countries with the rule of law do with convicted pedophiles?  I'm fascinated to know.

Not sure, but if kids had guns pedophilia wouldn't be a problem.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #329 on: July 22, 2013, 07:36:32 AM »

I'm pretty sure wormyguy is making reference to France's admittedly inexcusable attitude towards the person of Roman Polanski.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #330 on: July 22, 2013, 07:46:21 AM »

I'm pretty sure wormyguy is making reference to France's admittedly inexcusable attitude towards the person of Roman Polanski.

Oh, right.

Well, I guess I'm somehow responsible for what my country does... Fine. But if we want to talk about extraditions that should have been, I don't think and American is standing on a high ground. Roll Eyes
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #331 on: July 22, 2013, 08:02:51 AM »

The fact is that no countries ever have rule of law as a consistent ideal that operates in a consistently ideal way, nor, likely, have any ever or will any ever. This doesn't mean that it isn't a concept worth valuing or that specific betrayals or perversions of it (and Zimmerman's acquittal is a perversion even if not a betrayal) are somehow less objectionable.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #332 on: July 22, 2013, 08:05:46 AM »

The fact is that no countries ever have rule of law as a consistent ideal that operates in a consistently ideal way, nor, likely, have any ever or will any ever. This doesn't mean that it isn't a concept worth valuing or that specific betrayals or perversions of it (and Zimmerman's acquittal is a perversion even if not a betrayal) are somehow less objectionable.

I would say Zimmerman's acquittal goes one step further than most of the other perversions we have witnessed so far.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #333 on: July 22, 2013, 08:08:05 AM »
« Edited: July 22, 2013, 08:09:26 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

I would say Zimmerman's acquittal goes one step further than most of the other perversions we have witnessed so far.

I would agree with that, at least if we're limiting ourselves to recent years.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #334 on: July 22, 2013, 04:05:49 PM »

Seriously?  Out of all the abuses of justice in history, this is near the top of the list?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #335 on: July 22, 2013, 04:12:52 PM »

Oh, as I see, the white supremacists are now making up accidents to clean their record.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #336 on: July 23, 2013, 06:28:11 AM »

He's a nut. True, he's a good-natured and honest nut; but a nut is a nut.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #337 on: July 23, 2013, 11:59:24 AM »

Card carrying member of the prude brood. As close to female as Atlas posters get.

Hooray for misogyny!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #338 on: July 23, 2013, 12:02:12 PM »

Card carrying member of the prude brood. As close to female as Atlas posters get.

Hooray for misogyny!

Well I asked a legitimate question.......ftr
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #339 on: July 23, 2013, 12:04:01 PM »

Hooray for misogyny!

Nothing wrong with your question. I was deluging memphis's response.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #340 on: July 23, 2013, 04:46:40 PM »

Hooray for misogyny!

Nothing wrong with your question. I was deluging memphis's response.

Wyodon already took care of it.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #341 on: July 24, 2013, 12:28:28 AM »

Words fail me.

Apparently her alleged attacker had also been charged with having sex outside of marriage and consumption of alcohol (but not rape), and he's now been pardoned too.

Yes a 33 year old Sudanese guy. He only got 12 months, 4 months less than his victim, because she was also convicted for false accusations. The double pardon is logical seen from their POV because they where both convicted for the same "crimes".

Since their system did not merely find that her rape claim was not provable beyond a reasonable doubt but could be proven to be false, then yes they were both convicted of the same crimes with no quotes needed.  Now one can dispute whether her claims were provably false beyond a reasonable doubt and of course here in the West, illicit sex and drinking are no longer seen crimes, but the UAE is not part of the West.  Would you advocate Sharia law being used to judge people from Dubai who are sojurning in Denmark?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #342 on: July 24, 2013, 03:14:40 AM »
« Edited: July 24, 2013, 03:21:45 AM by Formerly Californian Tony »

Came here to post that. LOLErnest.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #343 on: July 24, 2013, 10:13:59 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=176745.0
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #344 on: July 25, 2013, 08:32:39 AM »

Does Naso know Eminem is white...?

AH HA! You obviously didn't read what I said. I said they were judging people's content of character. Doesn't matter the skin color. I never mentioned skin color. See?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #345 on: July 26, 2013, 12:57:50 PM »

never been to either.

but the uk has been on the right side of most major issues in the 21st century, most importantly the liberation of the iraqi people.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #346 on: July 26, 2013, 05:24:02 PM »

Agree with the above statement about some things being awful. However, I'm not against what I oppose enough that I'd vote against the bill. Something has to be done to stop people from voting multiple times every election. It's how Obama won.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #347 on: July 26, 2013, 07:28:49 PM »

I wouldn't want heaven if God lets Desmond Tutu in after that... Tongue
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #348 on: July 28, 2013, 09:22:18 AM »

If you took a poll of Americans his numbers would be the opposite of what they are on this forum.
I highly doubt that 80% of Americans would call him a horrible person.  In fact, the one thing his opponents concede is that he's a good guy with well-defined and consistent views, even though they disagree with them.  And among politically informed 20-somethings, Sanders is quite well regarded.  But if you did a poll of Americans, most wouldn't know who he is, frankly.

80% of Americans wouldn't call him a horrible person but they wouldn't vote for him either. Imagine if he ran for the governor of Texas.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #349 on: July 28, 2013, 09:23:40 AM »

Springsteen/Springsteen   

Ted Nugent is a declared racist.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies