The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:35:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 208003 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: June 26, 2013, 02:07:07 PM »

Can we ban krazen from the deluge? He's obviously not serious.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #176 on: June 26, 2013, 02:35:28 PM »

In NC, I'll actually go with CD8 because it was the most pro-Amendment 1 district, voting 77% For.

NY-15 of course, given how it votes like North Korea. Not too many thinking folk there.

If you bothered look in the dictionary, of course, you'll see that the term"reactionary" is more aligned with conservative thought.

Perhaps you were confusing 'reactionary' with 'extreme'?

'Curious that you called me out in a previous thread because of my comments about the people of MO-07 and sequestration but you have no problem casting aspersions on the voters of NY-15.

Interesting. You made an observation about a state based on the comments of a single congressional representative of 1/8 of the state. I made an observation about a district based on the actual North Korea-esque voting behavior of the voters of the district, although the North Korea public probably consists of more freedom loving people than the NY-15 voters.

rofl

the bolded part is arguably true and the only part of that that makes any sense.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #177 on: June 26, 2013, 03:25:36 PM »

Another double whammy:

So about Oldiesfreak being big on anti-racism...

I voted HP by mistake, because I thought you meant Congressman John Lewis.
I don't opppse him because he's black, I oppose him because he's a Democrat.

So you're going to disregard all the work he did for the civil rights movement and at SNCC for 25 years of service in Congress on your opposing team?

You're a joke. I honestly hadn't think I'd find an incident with a Republican that I'd be disgusted in more than when Krazen used the bombings on my city as political fodder, but somehow I have. Sure, I absolutely hate facing Mariano Rivera when my boys are facing the Yankees, but off the field, he's arguably the classiest player of all-time, and I'm sad to see him retire. He's against the people I root for, but I can still like him as a person. The fact that you don't proves incidents like Wallacegate's not about race. You just want to score political points.
No; I have much respect for the work he did for the civil rights movement, but considering that, it's amazing that he belongs to a party that included most of the opponents of the civil rights movement.  And he also compared John McCain and Sarah Palin to George Wallace (who was, of course, a Democrat) during the 2008 campaign: http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1008/John_Lewis_invoking_George_Wallace_says_McCain_and_Palin_playing_with_fire.html

Perhaps someone who was a leader of the civil rights movement understands the actual history of the civil rights movement better than some 19 year old kid reading things on the internet.
Believe me, I've read plenty of history in textbooks (even left-wing ones), and I think I have a pretty good grasp of the history of the civil rights movement.
This
So by that logic, since I've read a bunch of books on child soldiers in Africa, I am now an expert. To hell with college then, I'm going to the United Nations. Thanks, Oldiesfreak!

George W. Bush pardoning Scooter Libby ranks near the top of shameless crony pardons. Worse than Ford/Nixon.
Ah, but it is a bad post.  And can we ban posts in this thread from the Deluge?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #178 on: June 26, 2013, 03:28:47 PM »

Using the term "whore" so loosely is pretty uncalled for.

Lol.  Alright, whatever. 

I'm just saying man, it's pretty bad to use such a negative term to describe someone freely going about expressing their sexuality

I don't see how this is absurd, ignorant or bad. Before I understood that Hockeydude wasn't using the word negatively, I was just saying it's wrong to call someone a "whore" for freely having sex as they please. It's not a bad thing to have sex with whom you please. It's your own decision.

I find the claims that that's a word that can be used without being demeaning ridiculous. It's fine to talk about reclaiming words and whatever, but a male cannot try to positively reclaim a word that is used to demean females.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #179 on: June 26, 2013, 04:01:08 PM »

Lol.  Alright, whatever. 

I'm just saying man, it's pretty bad to use such a negative term to describe someone freely going about expressing their sexuality

I don't see how this is absurd, ignorant or bad. Before I understood that Hockeydude wasn't using the word negatively, I was just saying it's wrong to call someone a "whore" for freely having sex as they please. It's not a bad thing to have sex with whom you please. It's your own decision.

having sex with whomever you please isn't how prostitution works, except maybe for the client.  besides that really doesn't have anything to do with whether it's okay to call someone that.

I can see your point
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #180 on: June 26, 2013, 04:28:25 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2013, 04:30:35 PM by Leftbehind »

Lol.  Alright, whatever.  

It was your summary of prostitution (and what underlines pejorative terms like whore) as describing "someone freely going about expressing their sexuality" that I was taking fault with - liberal fantasy land stuff. Sexual liberty is not a bad thing - you're right - but prostitution =/= sexual liberty.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #181 on: June 26, 2013, 05:27:12 PM »

Yeah I get you. I kinda rushed into my argument before really grounding it.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #182 on: June 26, 2013, 05:36:26 PM »

Sexual liberty is not a bad thing - you're right - but prostitution =/= sexual liberty.

Don't presume to judge for others - it is precisely that for some.  The sexism of you prude-leftists is shocking!
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #183 on: June 26, 2013, 07:18:08 PM »

Sexual liberty is not a bad thing - you're right - but prostitution =/= sexual liberty.

Don't presume to judge for others - it is precisely that for some.

Yeah, it's 'sexual liberty' for the people who can pay.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2013, 07:35:53 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2013, 07:40:29 PM by Leftbehind »

Don't presume to judge for others - it is precisely that for some.  The sexism of you prude-leftists is shocking!

Funny how you've been arguing all along that it was no different from any other toil, but suddenly at a drop of a hat it's sexual fulfilment and how dare I (we?) judge!
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2013, 08:24:43 PM »

Don't presume to judge for others - it is precisely that for some.  The sexism of you prude-leftists is shocking!

Funny how you've been arguing all along that it was no different from any other toil, but suddenly at a drop of a hat it's sexual fulfilment and how dare I (we?) judge!

I must say I'm enjoying all these leftists agreeing with me on a social issue.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2013, 08:26:08 PM »

Don't presume to judge for others - it is precisely that for some.  The sexism of you prude-leftists is shocking!

Um... some people enjoy the job, some do not. Enjoyment of the job is strongly correlated with its legal status, its legal protections, working conditions, social stigma against the job, etc. Similar to any other job.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #187 on: June 26, 2013, 09:46:27 PM »

Go back in time and tell Thomas Jefferson by law he has to pay for teens to have condoms for sex.

I was going to put that in the comedy thread Tongue
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #188 on: June 26, 2013, 09:46:57 PM »

Just be quiet and take it! Wink

...that's what she said.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #189 on: June 26, 2013, 09:55:25 PM »

Um... some people enjoy the job, some do not. Enjoyment of the job is strongly correlated with its legal status, its legal protections, working conditions, social stigma against the job, etc. Similar to any other job.

Well if we were ever to remove the economic situation compelling people into prostitution, and eradicate the vicious criminals around it introducing trafficking, sexual slavery and children into it, I wouldn't have a problem with the minority wanting sex work of their own volition. But until then, we're supporting an appalling trade that totally commodifies humans, causes untold harm and none of those reforms would stop that.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #190 on: June 27, 2013, 12:00:38 AM »

Folks, I have just been in deep prayer and convicted by my God of not living up to my fatherly duties as the spiritual head of the household though we are 8,500 miles apart.  I have also been convicted of not being focused on God's Kingdom, rather trying to build Jeff's kingdom.  I need to spend more time with my God praying daily for my children.  I am also going to start tapering my use of the forum.  I'm going to try eventually break away from the forum entirely.  The Update will be the first to slow down. Then the rest of the forum will taper.

$70 a month = "spiritual head of the household" to Bushie. Although what it makes all the more amusing is that he's even admitted it's actually his grandmother's money, not his, so even by Bushie's comical definition of family he is merely the nephew to these kids.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #191 on: June 27, 2013, 07:34:42 AM »

Delaware is extremely democratic, but Tom Carper is one of the biggest Conservadems in the country. Minnesota, meanwhile, has lots of room for Republican victory, but is fairly polarizing, so it tends to elect Liberal Democrats when they do win.
I tend to agree with this, except I would say Delaware.  Of course, Minnesota has Al Franken in the Senate, but I still contend that he was selected, not elected.
Are you THAT dumb? Really? Let's wait and see if he is selected again in 2014.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2013, 07:42:45 AM »

Probably the best part of that is the addition of SpongeBob. I mean WTF?
How can a show that's set underwater but yet has fire and a squirrel (Sandy) NOT be stupid?
…Oh, wow.
I bet you're that one guy who stands up in the middle of a movie theater and shouts "This movie sucks, there are no pyroclastic explosions in space!"
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #193 on: June 27, 2013, 11:22:41 AM »

Well, at least neither of them is a brony so I don't have to put this in the irony mine as well. [/runs away]
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #194 on: June 27, 2013, 01:56:13 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2013, 02:56:50 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

Delaware is extremely democratic, but Tom Carper is one of the biggest Conservadems in the country. Minnesota, meanwhile, has lots of room for Republican victory, but is fairly polarizing, so it tends to elect Liberal Democrats when they do win.
I tend to agree with this, except I would say Delaware.  Of course, Minnesota has Al Franken in the Senate, but I still contend that he was selected, not elected.

How can a show that's set underwater but yet has fire and a squirrel (Sandy) NOT be stupid?
…Oh, wow.
I bet you're that one guy who stands up in the middle of a movie theater and shouts "This movie sucks, there are no pyroclastic explosions in space!"

Oldiesfreak, please don't use this or any thread exclusively as a venue to be passive-aggressive to posters who criticize your bizarre outlook on the world without actually responding to them. If you must use it for that, at least have the decency to use it for other things as well so that your contributions won't be a complete loss.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #195 on: June 27, 2013, 03:20:26 PM »

One of the most absurd, ignorant, and bad posts I've seen on here:

Republican voters (and especially self-described conservatives) continue to hate gays with all the soul and all their heart and all their might. The Republican politicians are indeed extremely annoyed. Their primary tool for getting workers to vote against their own interests no longer works in much of the country. Though it remains highly effective in other areas. But I have no doubt that they will continue to support oppression and indignity by whatever convenient means in the future. At the moment, it seems like we are returning to the ancient ballad of "States Rights." Why does that sound so darn familiar?

…Oh, wow.

Oldiesfreak, please don't use this or any thread exclusively as a venue to be passive-aggressive to posters who criticize your bizarre outlook on the world without actually responding. If you must use it for that, at least have the decency to use it other things as well so that your contributions won't be a complete loss.

Or to translate that into short, simple words Oldies can understand: fuck you. Cheesy
How is my outlook on the world bizarre?  It's based on simple verifiable facts.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #196 on: June 27, 2013, 03:41:07 PM »

How is my outlook on the world bizarre?  It's based on simple verifiable facts.

The fact that you think that is part of what makes it bizarre.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #197 on: June 27, 2013, 03:47:29 PM »

Shouldn't liberal Dems be disgusted by the fact that this female, minority politician is being challenged by a white male?
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #198 on: June 28, 2013, 06:58:45 AM »

Napoleon is not a washed-up has-been.

Napoleon is one of the most dedicated, knowledgeable, intelligent, talented, and  effective public servants, legislators, and leaders in the history of Atlasia.
Someone wants a blowjob...
I was not aware this forum was populated with disgusting childish morons like Marcus Aurelius.

What is your level of maturity, thirteen?  

Oh, sorry, I have just insulted all thirteen year olds by bringing them down to your level.  

Now we know where your mind is at and what your inner desires really are.  After all, if one is obsessed with something, as you obviously are, one will express their true inner desires for oneself by openly making them public, as you have just done.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #199 on: June 28, 2013, 04:32:42 PM »

The absurd, ignorant, and bad part is in bold.
I hope a reliable firm like PPP does some new polling in a week or so, I'd be interested to see where things stand. Though I think Davis would be a really long shot in '14, it's worth noting that Tuesday morning she had 1,200 Twitter followers. It's now over 80k. If they screw her district to where she can't win reelection, she should go for Governor anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies