The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:01:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 207954 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: November 23, 2013, 07:17:49 PM »

pretty sure he was just joshing guys
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1126 on: November 25, 2013, 12:25:41 PM »

As an American Jew, I believe there is no greater threat to worldwide security and peace than this man and his evil, Zionist worldview.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1127 on: November 25, 2013, 06:34:05 PM »

i know i will get a lot of 'lolz' for democrats who arent over the scott brown victory yet.

if coakley wins the governor's race in 2014, could she be a vp possibility.  she has been an outstanding attorney general with a solid record.

her campaign skills are what sucks.

Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1128 on: November 27, 2013, 06:08:01 PM »

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1129 on: November 27, 2013, 06:18:52 PM »

Besides the fact that Obamacare's problems have made many hate the President and what Obamacare represents and pushed this country even further to the right, what else does Liberalism have to offer anyway? After passing "Universal Healthcare", there are no more big battles or issues that Liberalism seems to want to address. All Liberals focus on, it seems, are healthcare and gay rights....

Is Liberalism finished in the US?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1130 on: November 27, 2013, 06:20:25 PM »

It does indicate ignorance, but I don't see the absurdity or bad posting in it. I myself have no idea who those (likely awful) people are.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1131 on: November 27, 2013, 06:20:59 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2013, 06:22:30 PM by Speaker Scott »

As an American Jew, I believe there is no greater threat to worldwide security and peace than this man and his evil, Zionist worldview.

What's the absurd/ignorant/bad part?  That Sheliak called Bibi's worldview evil, or that he's defying the stereotype that all Jews are blindly committed to Israel and to what essentially boils down to America's Jewish affirmative action program?  If it's the latter, I find that plain insulting.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1132 on: November 27, 2013, 06:27:04 PM »

It does indicate ignorance, but I don't see the absurdity or bad posting in it. I myself have no idea who those (likely awful) people are.

Yea Cathdude's got it right. Plus I can barely see the faces of whoever is in the picture besides them being old white dudes but even then I'm sure I have no idea who it is.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1133 on: November 27, 2013, 06:30:49 PM »

I'll forgive you for most of the Scandinavian PMs but Brandt, Wilson and Palme are clearly visible and that level of ignorance can't be that far off not recognising a photo of Mitterand.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1134 on: November 27, 2013, 06:31:47 PM »

I'll forgive you for most of the Scandinavian PMs but Brandt, Wilson and Palme are clearly visible and that level of ignorance can't be that far off not recognising a photo of Mitterand.

Who in God's name has any idea who the Prime Minister of a Scandinavian country is?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1135 on: November 27, 2013, 06:34:28 PM »

I would have no reason to be able to recognize those people.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1136 on: November 27, 2013, 06:35:27 PM »

Most Americans, probably even most Americans who know who Brandt, Wilson, Palme, and Mitterrand are, wouldn't recognize a photo of them. I recognize Wilson and Mitterrand on sight, but Brandt only at certain angles and Palme only because he's been in Antonio's signature for a while now.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1137 on: November 27, 2013, 06:35:48 PM »

"Scandinavia" has PMs?
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1138 on: November 27, 2013, 06:38:49 PM »

Yes.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1139 on: November 27, 2013, 06:44:23 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Most Americans wouldn't know of or recognize any of these people.  It's doubtful you could get even 20% of Americans to correctly place the name John Major much less Olof Palme.

As for myself, I prefer to call him Almost Carl Sagan.  I wouldn't recognize Mitterand, but know the name.

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1140 on: November 27, 2013, 07:46:51 PM »

When I clicked the link to Jack's post all I saw was the Doctor Who poster and I thought "wow, Olof Palme's gotten cheekbonier and less dead", fwiw.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1141 on: November 27, 2013, 11:56:19 PM »

Atlas privilege is being surprised that people don't recognise a group photo of middling 20th century Prime Ministers.

In fact I'm pretty sure I'd even be in the majority here when I say that I didn't recognise any of them at first glance.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #1142 on: November 28, 2013, 02:57:57 AM »
« Edited: November 28, 2013, 03:02:06 AM by Lurker »

This isn't exactly a "normal" place, with "average" people, though. Most here could propably name half US congressman, and and all US presidential candidates since 1789, while your Average Joe could not name a senator from one of his neighbouring states (or equivalent cases in European countries). 99% of people around the world wouldn't recognize someone like Ed Miliband  either, but I would guess a majority here could.

So it's not exactly unreasonable to expect people to recognize a major historical figure and world leader like Willy Brandt, particularly in a place like this. I wouldn't expect many here to recognize any of the others, perhaps with the exceptions of Wilson (being British) and Palme (because of assasination, mostly).

Personally I recognized the Norwegians and Scandinavians - Bratteli, Palme, Erlander (hard to tell in that picture though) and Brandt . Harold Wilson too, after a moment of thinking.

The other three I had no clue about.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #1143 on: November 28, 2013, 04:49:55 AM »

copy and paste this across youtube if your a cool mature teen born in the wrong geniration who listens to francois mitterand and pink floyd not justin bieber and barrack obama crap!!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1144 on: November 28, 2013, 11:07:21 AM »

As proud as I am of America, I am very ashamed that America is turning so hard to the left.  I could go on and on about this, but this is all I will say.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1145 on: November 28, 2013, 12:29:31 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1146 on: November 28, 2013, 01:40:22 PM »

Obama says he has bended over backwards to comprise, yet we've seen nothing of it.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1147 on: November 28, 2013, 01:43:36 PM »

Obama says he has bended over backwards to comprise, yet we've seen nothing of it.

Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1148 on: November 28, 2013, 02:09:23 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2013, 02:10:56 PM by Acting like I'm Morrissey w/o the wit »

Atlas privilege is being surprised that people don't recognise a group photo of middling 20th century Prime Ministers.

In fact I'm pretty sure I'd even be in the majority here when I say that I didn't recognise any of them at first glance.

Atlas privilege is choosing to spend a significant proportion of your life on a forum devoted to politics/elections and discussing the ins and outs of a (political) fart, and yet expect to be held to the same standard as the average, apolitical, joe.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1149 on: November 28, 2013, 03:59:04 PM »

I have a slight allergy to seafood so i think it'd be wise to dislike it Wink
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to: