The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 09:57:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 211478 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: January 21, 2014, 06:06:25 PM »

Bill Maher is the epitome of Liberal Freedom Fighter. He's funny, calls conservatives out on their Bull Sh!t, and has deep social and political discussions on his show in the span of an hour. And I love his relationship with Anne Coulter.
Is my sarcasm radar broken or is this real?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1601 on: January 21, 2014, 06:10:50 PM »

He linked to a 9/11 Truther site, so it's fitting in both.

It's an IRC in-joke. I don't actually believe that the Clintons have had dozens of potential opponents/whistleblowers murdered, but there's no doubt that both Bill and Hillary are running out of room in their closets to hide the skeletons.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1602 on: January 21, 2014, 07:10:26 PM »

Yes, but he was also a champion of civil rights, just like our party's early leaders were, and that outweighs any position he took on abortion in my mind.

He was also a champion of sending a lot of young black men to prison with his enactment of the strictest (and dumbest) drug laws in the country up to that point, so that kind of cancels out the whole "big civil rights advocate" in my mind.
Especially because a lot of young white men probably went to prison under those laws as well.

This is not an absurd, ignorant, or bad post in any meaningful way.
Yes, it is, because it assumes that blacks are more likely to use drugs than whites.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1603 on: January 21, 2014, 07:14:05 PM »

Yes, but he was also a champion of civil rights, just like our party's early leaders were, and that outweighs any position he took on abortion in my mind.

He was also a champion of sending a lot of young black men to prison with his enactment of the strictest (and dumbest) drug laws in the country up to that point, so that kind of cancels out the whole "big civil rights advocate" in my mind.
Especially because a lot of young white men probably went to prison under those laws as well.

This is not an absurd, ignorant, or bad post in any meaningful way.
Yes, it is, because it assumes that blacks are more likely to use drugs than whites.

No it doesn't, but more blacks are in jail than whites despite the fact they aren't more likely to use drugs.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1604 on: January 21, 2014, 07:14:11 PM »

Two valiant liberal women who have devoted their lives to making Republicans look awful and irrelevant. Michele is funnier and slightly more believable, so her.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1605 on: January 21, 2014, 07:15:19 PM »

Two valiant liberal women who have devoted their lives to making Republicans look awful and irrelevant. Michele is funnier and slightly more believable, so her.

That was obviously a joke. Please stop posting in this thread.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1606 on: January 21, 2014, 07:33:28 PM »

Sounds like a Republican paradise. Gay hating and emailing business opportunities is effectively unregulated. Only problem is that most people are black.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1607 on: January 21, 2014, 07:43:10 PM »

Sounds like a Republican paradise. Gay hating and emailing business opportunities is effectively unregulated. Only problem is that most people are black.
That was obviously a joke. Please stop posting in this thread.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1608 on: January 22, 2014, 12:13:34 PM »

Unsurprising but...

Considering how New York is the asshole of America, I agree with Cuomo-why would these good people want to waste their breath in a state that gave us Aaron Burr, Hillary Clinton, the Cuomos, Chuck Schumer, Rudy Giuliani, Mike Bloomberg, Bill DeBlasio, and Carlos Danger? I'd get the hell out of dodge and let the state fall on its own sword without taking me with it.

Perhaps should be cross-posted to the Irony Mine? Should be cross-posted to the Irony Mine...
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1609 on: January 22, 2014, 03:43:40 PM »

Unsurprising but...

Considering how New York is the asshole of America, I agree with Cuomo-why would these good people want to waste their breath in a state that gave us Aaron Burr, Hillary Clinton, the Cuomos, Chuck Schumer, Rudy Giuliani, Mike Bloomberg, Bill DeBlasio, and Carlos Danger? I'd get the hell out of dodge and let the state fall on its own sword without taking me with it.

Perhaps should be cross-posted to the Irony Mine? Should be cross-posted to the Irony Mine...

He lives in Florida, doesn't he?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1610 on: January 22, 2014, 04:33:33 PM »

Unsurprising but...

Yes Florida, a beautiful state mocked incessantly by Snowstalker, the leftist from Amish country and New Jersey. Florida is also a state that is bedeviled by out of staters moving south and doing harm. Take Charlie Crist, Rick Scott, and George Zimmerman for example.

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1611 on: January 22, 2014, 04:37:21 PM »

Unsurprising but...

Yes Florida, a beautiful state mocked incessantly by Snowstalker, the leftist from Amish country and New Jersey. Florida is also a state that is bedeviled by out of staters moving south and doing harm. Take Charlie Crist, Rick Scott, and George Zimmerman for example.

Almost everyone in Florida is either an out-of-stater or the child of out-of-staters. It was unpopulated swampland until the 1940's or so. Florida would of course be far more beautiful if they never started paving over said swamps to make room for tacky suburban sprawl and theme parks where a small soda costs $8.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1612 on: January 22, 2014, 04:45:07 PM »

Unsurprising but...

Almost everyone in Florida is either an out-of-stater or the child of out-of-staters. It was unpopulated swampland until the 1940's or so. Florida would of course be far more beautiful if they never started paving over said swamps to make room for tacky suburban sprawl and theme parks where a small soda costs $8.
Well...ok, that is true.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1613 on: January 22, 2014, 04:51:22 PM »

Unsurprising but...

Ummm dude, first off we are talking about the right to criticize New York. Say what you will about Lancaster and New Jersey, but New York? And if any state is the "asshole of America" it'd be Texas, not New York. I can't think of more stuck up assholes than Texas. Sure New Yorkers can be stuck up assholes, but here's the thing they have something to be proud of. Texans are stuck up assholes, because??
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1614 on: January 22, 2014, 04:59:01 PM »

Unsurprising but...

Ummm dude, first off we are talking about the right to criticize New York. Say what you will about Lancaster and New Jersey, but New York? And if any state is the "asshole of America" it'd be Texas, not New York. I can't think of more stuck up assholes than Texas. Sure New Yorkers can be stuck up assholes, but here's the thing they have something to be proud of. Texans are stuck up assholes, because??

They have oil, Dallas, Sam Houston and no income tax. They've got a lot to be smug about Wink
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1615 on: January 22, 2014, 05:03:56 PM »

Unsurprising but...

I honestly consider Texan culture so alien to the rest of the Union that I view it as America's Quebec.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1616 on: January 22, 2014, 05:07:05 PM »

wow so tough
Why doesn't anyone ever post about the extremists in the other party?

Jeff Boss is currently 1 of 2 democrats to officially declare that they are running, and the guy is nuts. He is not going to win or be competitive at all, but still has rediculous views. I am not willing to paint the whole party with that brush just because of what he has to say. Just like how the Republican party has 1 extremist declared running in Jack Fellure.

It goes both ways.

Since you can't even spell ridiculous correctly, why should anyone take your point seriously?

Disparity exist rather you like it or not. Not everything is even.
lol

lol, HAHAHA, blah, blah, blah. I corrected it, unlike Brandon, whose post is still spelled incorrectly. Try contributing something more than "lol" next time, okay?
Why should anyone take you seriously when you can't even spell his name correctly?
Ironically, he attacks you for not contributing, when he ranks close with Bandit and Krazen as one of the worst hacks on the forum.
You're calling someone a hack? Don't come for me, kid, you do not want to do that. I contributed more than an "lol", I called out nonsense.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1617 on: January 22, 2014, 08:50:10 PM »

Albania seems to be the only country which not only likes, but borderline worships America. Truly they are deluded.

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1618 on: January 22, 2014, 10:47:12 PM »

wow so tough

Jeff Boss is currently 1 of 2 democrats to officially declare that they are running, and the guy is nuts. He is not going to win or be competitive at all, but still has rediculous views. I am not willing to paint the whole party with that brush just because of what he has to say. Just like how the Republican party has 1 extremist declared running in Jack Fellure.

It goes both ways.

Since you can't even spell ridiculous correctly, why should anyone take your point seriously?

lol

lol, HAHAHA, blah, blah, blah. I corrected it, unlike Brandon, whose post is still spelled incorrectly. Try contributing something more than "lol" next time, okay?
Why should anyone take you seriously when you can't even spell his name correctly?
Ironically, he attacks you for not contributing, when he ranks close with Bandit and Krazen as one of the worst hacks on the forum.
You're calling someone a hack? Don't come for me, kid, you do not want to do that. I contributed more than an "lol", I called out nonsense.

I ignored Invisible Obama after that. 
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #1619 on: January 22, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »

It goes both ways.

lol

Because I can't think of a better time to use this:
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1620 on: January 22, 2014, 11:12:32 PM »

Survivort is an excellent show, though, so...

In your dreams...
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #1621 on: January 23, 2014, 02:13:43 AM »

What political party would you most be aligned with in other countries than your own?

Australia: Liberal Party of Australia
Austria: Freedom Party of Austria
Belgium (Flemish): Christian Democratic and Flemish [1]
Belgium (Walloon): Humanist Democratic Centre [1]
Brazil: Democrats
Canada: Conservative Party of Canada
Chile: National Renewal
China, People’s Republic of: Democracy Party of China
China, Republic of: Kuomintang
Colombia: Social Party of National Unity
Czech Republic: Civic Democratic Party
Denmark: Danish People’s Party [2]
Finland: National Coalition Party
France: Union For A Popular Movement [3]
Germany: Christian Democratic Union
Greece: New Democracy
Hungary: Fidesz
India: Indian National Congress [4]
Iraq: Iraqi National Movement [5]
Ireland: Fine Gael
Israel: Kadima
Italy: The People of Freedom
Japan: Liberal Democratic Party
Korea, Republic of: Grand National Party
Mexico: National Action Party
Netherlands: Party for Freedom [6]
New Zealand: National Party
Norway: Conservative Party
Poland: Law and Justice
Portugal: Democratic and Social Centre-People’s Party
Romania: Democratic Liberal Party
Russia: United Russia [7]
South Africa: Democratic Alliance [8]
Spain: People’s Party
Sweden: Swedish Democrats [9]
Switzerland: Swiss People’s Party

Ukraine: Our Ukraine-People’s Self-Defence Bloc
United Kingdom: Conservative and Unionist Party
United Kingdom (Northern Ireland): Ulster Unionist Party [10]
United States: Republican Party
United States (Puerto Rico): New Progressive Party

[1] I would if Belgian support Belgium’s sustained unity.
[2] They are not radically right-wing
[3] The National Front is closet racist and xenophobic
[4] The BJP condones persecution of Christian in India by Hindoo fanatics.
[5] No party in particular
[6] Party has a relatively sane response to the immigration although they may be overenthusiatic on that point.
[7] Putin’s a man I can respect and the other parties are Communist and ultranationalists.
[8] The Democratic Alliance is pretty much the only hope against the ANC who under Jacob Zuma are rapidly becoming the next Mugabe & Co with rampant corruption, AIDS denialism, and hostility to whites.
[9] Again they aren’t fanatical right-wingers contrary to what some may think
[10] Paisley is rather too anti-Catholic for my taste

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1622 on: January 23, 2014, 01:02:14 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2014, 04:22:16 PM by Sawxsylvania »

Davis reminds me of the girl from the show, The Haves and Have Not's: pimping herself out for a sugar daddy with money.

Look for negative advertising, calling Davis a gold digger

There's criticizing Wendy Davis for her political biography, and there's blatant misogyny. This is the latter.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1623 on: January 23, 2014, 04:33:38 PM »

Cementing status as one of the worst:

So? Snoop Dogg is also arrested alot. Let's stop using double standards, people.
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #1624 on: January 23, 2014, 05:06:27 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2014, 07:31:06 PM by SLValleyMan »

Davis reminds me of the girl from the show, The Haves and Have Not's: pimping herself out for a sugar daddy with money.

Look for negative advertising, calling Davis a gold digger

There's criticizing Wendy Davis for her political biography, and there's blatant misogyny. This is the latter.

Between this and his many other comments on the elections board, who wants to bet this guy is a concern troll for the GOP?

Let me just say that this further fuels my suspicions.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies