The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:15:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 208503 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2025 on: March 11, 2014, 06:23:08 AM »

If some liberal Senator is our champion, we're in real big trouble! I don't think I could vote for him because of his position on marriage

This guy needs to stop posting, like now, before I get sick.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #2026 on: March 11, 2014, 12:11:21 PM »

I recently started this. I almost returned it when the author used the N word like five times in the first chapter. He hasn't used it for a while so I'm enjoying it, but this book made a very bad first impression.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2027 on: March 11, 2014, 04:39:44 PM »

Does any white dude on here want to run against Uncle Tom Tim Scott? I would pay the Dem primary filing fee...

Cue Oldiesfreak.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2028 on: March 11, 2014, 06:24:17 PM »

I recently started this. I almost returned it when the author used the N word like five times in the first chapter. He hasn't used it for a while so I'm enjoying it, but this book made a very bad first impression.

oh my god
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2029 on: March 11, 2014, 08:55:25 PM »

Krazen posting just to reaffirm his hackiness:

Great poll!

These good people are certainly not PPP.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2030 on: March 11, 2014, 09:04:51 PM »

I'm probably going to say HR, because it's in the south.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2031 on: March 12, 2014, 02:02:01 AM »

Why would you just judge a president on his belief instead of his actions? Even if he was personally a virulent racist (which is debatable), he did more to advance the position of black Americans than arguably any non-Abraham Lincoln president.

He was the Senate majority leader during the 1957 Civil Rights Act. He gutted Eisenhower's bill for the reasons he listed in his quote. Then he claimed Eisenhower's reforms as his own in 1964 because he thought it would expand his political power. He helped black Americans by delaying Civil Rights by 7 years?

The Great Society "welfare" policies were born of paternalistic racism. He believed black Americans couldn't take care of themselves; therefore, the government would keep them out of the system by putting them on a government allowance and government healthcare plan. He was pro-abortion because he knew it was a form of backdoor eugenics, and Democrats basically teamed up with Alan Guttmacher to make sure that contraceptives and abortions were readily available to "low-income" (read: black) Americans. In LBJ's defense, it was soulless Nixon who put Title X through.

Johnson's vision for a Great Society was nothing we would support today, yet people defend his legislation as if it were religious canon. I just wonder how many more years it will take before people come to their senses.

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #2032 on: March 12, 2014, 07:02:32 PM »

"Don't hit girls!" is something that little boys hear growing up, even now.  There is something subconscious, I believe, that is affected when a loutish male goes out of bounds to tear down a female opponent. 

To bad little girls aren't told to "act like a lady."  There are a lot of she-beasts out there that need to be put in their place.  My motto "Act like a lady; get treated like a lady."

It's like watching some of those outrageous police tapes.  A woman that is acting like a lady gets slammed down on the concrete and roughed up.  I mean if she is acting like a lady you should treat her like a lady.  If she is acting like a deranged prostitute out of control on PCP then do what you have to do to protect public safety.

Just because someone is a woman doesn't give her carte blanche to behave any way she wishes without consequence.

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2033 on: March 12, 2014, 08:18:19 PM »

Context:
It's not a bad show like Community is.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2034 on: March 12, 2014, 11:24:35 PM »

Fargo a suburb. LOL.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #2035 on: March 13, 2014, 10:39:30 AM »

Yes, 50,000 Americans died and some 2 million+ Vietnamese died in that war, but

Continuing in the lengthy Atlas tradition of "Yes, [utterly horrible, career-defining thing, but]..."
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2036 on: March 13, 2014, 01:05:28 PM »

Continuing in the lengthy Atlas tradition of "Yes, [utterly horrible, career-defining thing, but]..."

Except you could argue every president has an [utterly horrible, career-defining thing] and thus should all be HP.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2037 on: March 13, 2014, 01:07:41 PM »

Except you could argue every president has an [utterly horrible, career-defining thing] and thus should all be HP.

Sorry, but causing the deaths of millions of people kind of disqualifies everything else LBJ did. I mean I hate to go here, but you know Hitler was a big support of animal rights, right? I guess we should totally excuse World War II for the great strides Nazi Germany made combating animal abuse.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2038 on: March 13, 2014, 01:11:36 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=189082.0

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=188861.0

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=188857.0

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=188806.0

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=188727.0

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=187096.0

Ones with few or no replies aren't hard to find, but BAD they are.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2039 on: March 13, 2014, 01:16:41 PM »

Sorry, but causing the deaths of millions of people kind of disqualifies everything else LBJ did. I mean I hate to go here, but you know Hitler was a big support of animal rights, right? I guess we should totally excuse World War II for the great strides Nazi Germany made combating animal abuse.

Vietnam War = career defining, cannot be overlooked, automatically nullifies everything good he has ever done
Sticking Japanese Americans in internment camps = Oh, that's just a small thing of many. Huge FF! Best president ever!

Roll Eyes
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2040 on: March 13, 2014, 01:50:37 PM »

Are there really that many fundies? Strange.

Is that what we are calling Christians, Jews, and Muslims now?

And 100% of Bibles say homosexuality is a sin.

So that math looks about right to me.  What am I missing here?

Where did Alfred suggest that all people of faith are fundies?

He is speaking in generalities and I am speaking in generalities.  Look at the math that was posted.  The OP says 51% of Americans think gay sex is immoral.  That is the majority of people with Judeo Christian beliefs.  That is not all but most.  In fact that is most of the people in the United States.

The thing is if you are above a certain age and spent time going to Bible study, Church or theological school you would know that it is not controversial within Judeo Christian beliefs to say homosexuality is a sin.  The Bible is pretty clear on that point.

The reaction by people in this thread is why we miscalculated Iraq and Afghanistan as well as a host of other places.  People ignore the ample evidence that conflicts with their desired version of reality.  If someone disagrees with them they dismiss them as crazies or "fundies."  People aren't even willing to do thoughtful realistic analysis of the cultural and religious aspects of America... how can they hope to understand places like Iraq or Afghanistan?

Reconciling the Bible and modern acceptance of homosexuality is a tough thing for the majority of Americans.  A bunch of adolescents sitting around and calling the majority of Americans "fundies" because they are struggling to reconcile their upbringing and culture with modern reality is the type of thing that makes me realize we really shouldn't go around messing with other countries.  If we are that ignorant about our next door neighbors lord knows what we don't know about cultures half way around the world.

Frankly I would have thought the percentage would have been higher.  My personal theory is people are beginning to know the right answer to these types of questions regardless of what is in their heart or mind.  Which isn't a bad thing.  It's a step on the road to détente.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2041 on: March 13, 2014, 02:41:46 PM »

Funny how LBJ haters seem to assume that 1) Vietnam was exclusively LBJ's doing, as opposed to a hot potato every US president (and before that, French PMs) had been passing over for the previous 20 years 2) things would have gone very differently with someone else in the White House, despite the fact his policies made consensus among the US political establishment at least until 1968.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2042 on: March 13, 2014, 07:11:15 PM »

Context:
Is Rasmussen still the Republican-leaning firm it was (now that Scott Rasmussen has left)?
Interesting. But like most Rasmussen polls, should be taken with a grain of salt. We'll see if another poll corroborates it.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2043 on: March 13, 2014, 07:14:53 PM »

Context:
Is Rasmussen still the Republican-leaning firm it was (now that Scott Rasmussen has left)?
Interesting. But like most Rasmussen polls, should be taken with a grain of salt. We'll see if another poll corroborates it.

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2044 on: March 13, 2014, 07:20:31 PM »

Thread title changed appropriately.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2045 on: March 13, 2014, 07:21:12 PM »

Fixed.  Please take it off.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2046 on: March 13, 2014, 07:21:30 PM »

no
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2047 on: March 13, 2014, 07:33:18 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2014, 07:35:17 PM by Sawx »

I'd say your "deluges" alone deserve the deluge to be name after you. You put more good posts (like the other three you just put here) in here than than posts that genuinely belong here, because they don't seem to fit your kaleidoscopically distorted view of reality. And for the pats month or so, I thought you could learn. I've tried helping you change, because I'm apparently too much of a softie to think it is. I've told you specifically which of the stuff you deluged is actually good enough to go into the thread. I've tried introducing you to reality, instead of literally every other poster screaming at you every single time. But when you ignore advice like this, and people call you out, you cry at everyone else like it's their problem.

So yeah, I was wrong. I'm done helping you. At this point in the game you made your bed. Now, in the great words of Samuel L. Jackson:

Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2048 on: March 13, 2014, 08:20:33 PM »

3 at best (Neoconfederate melts down in MS, Nunn wins, Landrieu holds on) or 0 at worst. If miracles did happen, it could be 4 (if we got a white to run against Uncle Tom Tim Scott).
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2049 on: March 13, 2014, 08:36:25 PM »

Context:

I don't get it. Are you implying Rasmussen has a good track record? And it's not like you can say it's about hypocrisy, since this particular poll has the Democrat doing much BETTER than expected.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies