The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:36:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 208348 times)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2050 on: March 14, 2014, 11:33:21 AM »

I personally view climate change as inevitable and a good thing. I see as the Earth's way of correcting itself and balancing out. ex: Natural Population Control and Reduction in reaction to Overpopulation.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2051 on: March 14, 2014, 03:04:25 PM »

Yes (R; sane).  Gorbachev would have never made any of his reforms if Reagan hadn't pushed him to do it.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2052 on: March 14, 2014, 03:21:54 PM »

3 at best (Neoconfederate melts down in MS, Nunn wins, Landrieu holds on) or 0 at worst. If miracles did happen, it could be 4 (if we got a white to run against Uncle Tom Tim Scott).

You're either being an idiot/racist or a troll.  Scott would have no problem winning against any white Democrat.  You're deluded if you think that conservative whites are going to go for a democrat just because he/she is white.  You grossly misunderstand the situation.  If race is the reason 2010 was sort of close for Haley, ten why does she have over 70% approval with Republicans. 

Insults: a great way to make an argument, bro. I guess I shouldn't have expected better from a SC Republican.

If you're going to be casually racist, expect to be called out for it

There has not been one person who has explained how my comments were/are racist.
Calling a Black Man an Uncle Tom is very racist.  Anyone who has half a brain would know that.

We'll just have to disagree then. I view it as a technical term.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #2053 on: March 14, 2014, 04:11:16 PM »

The Obamanation confirms himself as the forum's most obnoxious waste of oxygen with what is either a disastrously failed attempt at "humour" or particularly vile Nazi filth -

It's true, a scientific argument for pro-life is growing. Personally I'm mixed on the subject. I'm sure most people who get abortions are sluts that don't want to/can't handle children and want to keep sleeping around. That's not right.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2054 on: March 14, 2014, 06:35:51 PM »

Funny how LBJ haters seem to assume that 1) Vietnam was exclusively LBJ's doing, as opposed to a hot potato every US president (and before that, French PMs) had been passing over for the previous 20 years 2) things would have gone very differently with someone else in the White House, despite the fact his policies made consensus among the US political establishment at least until 1968.
He does deserve responsibility, as he REVERSED the policy which had been in place when he came into office (quiet withdrawal) with one of further engagement. 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2055 on: March 14, 2014, 06:54:53 PM »

Krazen posting just to reaffirm his hackiness:

Great poll!

These good people are certainly not PPP.

In fairness, the poll was quite accurate.

Not that it makes Krazen any less annoying and proud of it.....
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2056 on: March 14, 2014, 07:01:23 PM »

Um, not quite what Max said.

No, in a suburb of Fargo? Fargo is big enough to have suburbs.

Nice try. Though you did us all the service of posting this directly into the deluge, so....
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2057 on: March 14, 2014, 07:05:22 PM »

Are there really that many fundies? Strange.

Is that what we are calling Christians, Jews, and Muslims now?

And 100% of Bibles say homosexuality is a sin.

So that math looks about right to me.  What am I missing here?

Where did Alfred suggest that all people of faith are fundies?

He is speaking in generalities and I am speaking in generalities.  Look at the math that was posted.  The OP says 51% of Americans think gay sex is immoral.  That is the majority of people with Judeo Christian beliefs.  That is not all but most.  In fact that is most of the people in the United States.

The thing is if you are above a certain age and spent time going to Bible study, Church or theological school you would know that it is not controversial within Judeo Christian beliefs to say homosexuality is a sin.  The Bible is pretty clear on that point.

The reaction by people in this thread is why we miscalculated Iraq and Afghanistan as well as a host of other places.  People ignore the ample evidence that conflicts with their desired version of reality.  If someone disagrees with them they dismiss them as crazies or "fundies."  People aren't even willing to do thoughtful realistic analysis of the cultural and religious aspects of America... how can they hope to understand places like Iraq or Afghanistan?

Reconciling the Bible and modern acceptance of homosexuality is a tough thing for the majority of Americans.  A bunch of adolescents sitting around and calling the majority of Americans "fundies" because they are struggling to reconcile their upbringing and culture with modern reality is the type of thing that makes me realize we really shouldn't go around messing with other countries.  If we are that ignorant about our next door neighbors lord knows what we don't know about cultures half way around the world.

Frankly I would have thought the percentage would have been higher.  My personal theory is people are beginning to know the right answer to these types of questions regardless of what is in their heart or mind.  Which isn't a bad thing.  It's a step on the road to détente.

What's bad about Link's post? Actually rather well thought out.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2058 on: March 14, 2014, 10:59:03 PM »

I'm sure most people who get abortions are sluts that don't want to/can't handle children and want to keep sleeping around. That's not right.

please diaf

OK, that was a bit harsh and uncalled for. I'll give you two options:

1) Try spending some time as a woman, see all the sh*t you go through every day, end up with an unwanted pregnancy for whatever reason, and find yourself discussing the possibility of an abortion. And then, let's see if you change your "views".

2) DIAF

And one of those reasons could be that she is a filthy slut. They don't want to be pregnant, just sleep around.

Or if she isn't a slut, then she made the wrong decision not to wait for marriage/a stable relationship.

Nothing like good 'ol slutshaming from a pro-lifer.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2059 on: March 15, 2014, 06:02:03 AM »

The Obamanation's 5236th failed attempt at being funny:

1939-1941: Freedom-Hating Oakvale gets a job smuggling weapons to Nazis
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2060 on: March 15, 2014, 09:21:01 AM »

Homosexuality is much more prevalent in the African American community. Misssissippi, Louisiana and Georgia have the highest proportions of African American population. Montana has the lowest population of African Americans. Coincidence?

This is more of the same racism we saw in the Huffpo piece.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2061 on: March 15, 2014, 01:59:39 PM »

I think it's time for President Obama to ask for a Declaration of War against Russia
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2062 on: March 15, 2014, 02:00:34 PM »

I think it's time for President Obama to ask for a Declaration of War against Russia
Why not simply nuking them? Tongue
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #2063 on: March 15, 2014, 05:46:46 PM »

I don't even.........................
Obama is an FF and Nixon is more liberal than Obama, so FF. His only real problems were Watergate and sabotaging the Halloween Peace, but other things make up for those.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #2064 on: March 15, 2014, 05:51:44 PM »

Still Don't Even

Fought against Social Conservatism and rubery, FF.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #2065 on: March 15, 2014, 05:58:10 PM »

I think Mr Pollo is just a troll trying to mock others and be funny.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2066 on: March 15, 2014, 09:16:06 PM »

I think Mr Pollo is just a troll trying to mock others and be funny.

It must be said he succeeds on both counts.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2067 on: March 15, 2014, 09:25:02 PM »

Let's not nuke anybody? I think that might be a good option.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2068 on: March 15, 2014, 10:05:26 PM »

Let's not nuke anybody? I think that might be a good option.

"Tell me Barack, who are we going to nuke?"
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2069 on: March 16, 2014, 07:57:54 AM »

Defending Fred Phelps:

You guys realize he hasn't been in charge of the WBC for several years now, right?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2070 on: March 16, 2014, 07:17:43 PM »

He was never really a segregationist at heart; it was an attention-whoring phase he went through during the 60s. I suppose, in a way, he can be seen as an American Enoch Powell - not the monster he's often made out to be but still an HP overall.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2071 on: March 16, 2014, 07:34:48 PM »

The fact that you're an idiot and think that the fact that being Democratically elected more than twice makes you a dictator doesn't change the fact that you were dead wrong about Obama being the first incumbent to lose votes

Good. Term limits are worthless

Hahaha, I don't know if its just sad that you think this.  You do realize that dictators like Putin , Saddam Hussein, and Chavez all have "democratic elections" that they all someone won easily. 

At least you are proud to admit you are "pro-dictator" 

Congratulations to closet fascism.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2072 on: March 16, 2014, 07:37:10 PM »

1939: Outofthebox: "You guys, stop trolling.  Walt Disney isn't an anti-semite just because he attends the German American Bund's meetings.  It's a harmless organization and I'll have you know that he's a great conservationist!"
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2073 on: March 17, 2014, 07:35:29 AM »

1939: Outofthebox: "You guys, stop trolling.  Walt Disney isn't an anti-semite just because he attends the German American Bund's meetings.  It's a harmless organization and I'll have you know that he's a great conservationist!"

Oldies put one of my posts in the deluge, that counts as two posts in the good post gallery, right guys?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2074 on: March 17, 2014, 08:17:18 AM »

1939: Outofthebox: "You guys, stop trolling.  Walt Disney isn't an anti-semite just because he attends the German American Bund's meetings.  It's a harmless organization and I'll have you know that he's a great conservationist!"

Oldies put one of my posts in the deluge, that counts as two posts in the good post gallery, right guys?
Uh...
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies