The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:24:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 208722 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: May 24, 2013, 05:40:17 PM »
« edited: March 13, 2014, 07:20:18 PM by Speaker Scott »

The last thread reached its reply limit, so please contribute here.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 09:29:17 AM »

To the hawks, I'm sure it was a Cold War. It was freedom vs. absolute tyranny, capitalism vs. its opposite, religious tolerance vs. state religion, etc. Of course, there were leaders who tried to bridge the gap, and those who tried to view it as nothing more than two relatively equal ideologies, etc. Most wars, for their fighters, are "holy wars". I'm sure the fight against Nazism was for quite a few people a holy war.

Exactly. This is why it was so critical for the Reagan-Thatcher-Gorbachev coalition of leadership that came along at exactly the right time in the 1980s. Liberals thought (and they seemed to have a valid point) that by cooperation or the idea of arms limitation or nuclear freezes, that cooler heads would prevail. The conservatives believed that by poking the snake, building up arms, testing more planes and weapons, calling the Soviet Union an "evil empire" and joking about bombing them and Communism ending up on the "ash heap of history" that the Soviet's would try and compete, fail and thus the war would end without a shot being fired. Nuclear deterrence is a very successful item in the analog of history.

Reagan described it best in 1983 when he said, "I urge you to beware the temptation of pride, the temptation of blithely declaring yourselves above it all and label both sides equally at fault, to ignore the facts of history and the aggressive impulses of an evil empire, to simply call the arms race a giant misunderstanding and thereby remove yourself from the struggle between right and wrong and good and evil."

Those statements in bold were absolute, direct attacks on liberalism itself. How many threads on this forum about something negative have liberals trying to "be above it all" or "equally blame both sides at fault". It's a reasonable concept but in the final analysis, it is the wrong concept. This is why today, I know that past liberal leaders such as Franklin Roosevelt or Harry Truman or even John F. Kennedy might well clash with people in their own party today for the aura of defeatism within the modern Democratic party. I think many Democrats are said to be "unpatriotic" because they seem to want to find both sides at fault. They seem to want their country to have done something negative to instigate a situation. They want to be "fair" and "above it all". Perhaps they feel that if they give equal blame to the U.S. for problems such as war, terrorism, ect, then those who dislike the country will give mercy to them for having openly negatively critiqued their own country.

Much of this can be seen with the War on Terror. Liberals, especially those in the media, chomp at the bit for any act of terrorism to be seen as "isolated" or "possibly Tea Party related" or a "loner". This baffled me at first because liberals are often conspiracy-types. Then I realized that perhaps they did this because they want to avoid admitting that these attacks are all connected. Al Qaida, Hamas, PLO, the beheading in London, Boston. It doesn't matter what the exact specifics, they were attacks against free people. Liberals seem too eager for a blame game, for trying to, as Reagan said, be "above it all". For trying to find a "reason" for the attack. While they may mean well and seem logical, deep down the most complicated things usually are that simple.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 05:59:15 PM »

The Clinton stuff was the best part.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 05:57:34 PM »

Personally, I have no problem with having homosexual ministers, at least as long as they don't push their lifestyle on me or others or try to legitimize it when the Bible is pretty clear in both the Old and New Testaments that homosexuality is a sin.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 03:59:14 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=174479.0

The entire thread.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 03:51:13 PM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 12:10:37 AM »

No,  but its not anything against the Xbox.  I just don't play video games very often.  When I do I use the Wii, but I hook it up maybe once a year.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 01:26:30 PM »

In NC, I'll actually go with CD8 because it was the most pro-Amendment 1 district, voting 77% For.

NY-15 of course, given how it votes like North Korea. Not too many thinking folk there.

If you bothered look in the dictionary, of course, you'll see that the term"reactionary" is more aligned with conservative thought.

Perhaps you were confusing 'reactionary' with 'extreme'?

'Curious that you called me out in a previous thread because of my comments about the people of MO-07 and sequestration but you have no problem casting aspersions on the voters of NY-15.

Interesting. You made an observation about a state based on the comments of a single congressional representative of 1/8 of the state. I made an observation about a district based on the actual North Korea-esque voting behavior of the voters of the district, although the North Korea public probably consists of more freedom loving people than the NY-15 voters.

rofl
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 03:47:29 PM »

Shouldn't liberal Dems be disgusted by the fact that this female, minority politician is being challenged by a white male?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 04:36:30 PM »

The absurd, ignorant, and bad part is in bold.
I hope a reliable firm like PPP does some new polling in a week or so, I'd be interested to see where things stand. Though I think Davis would be a really long shot in '14, it's worth noting that Tuesday morning she had 1,200 Twitter followers. It's now over 80k. If they screw her district to where she can't win reelection, she should go for Governor anyway.

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-accurate-polls-of-2012-election-obama-romney-ppp-daily-kos-gallup-rasmussen-2012-11
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 07:02:31 PM »

Draft: Institute a mandatory period of “national service” for young men and women, with a term of service in the armed forces as a possible way to satisfy this requirement.  Maintain the selective service system, and start to collect information on young women.  If a draft ever has to be reinstituted, draft all eligible males before dipping in the “ladies’ pool”. 

I don't know if this one could be categorized as 'absurd,' 'ignorant,' or 'bad,' but I think it's downright scary that there are people in this country who think this way.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 10:15:30 PM »

The law of men is designed to take freedoms away. That is why there are jails. All of it is there to give jobs. Jobs to figure out what they can arrest whoever for whatever.  That is why a form of sex is being squashed by people. The law needs to be eliminated. When it is People will be like Jesus is working out their own salivation. Until then opponents to zoo are only cooking their own goose come judgment day. Of course zoosexuality should be legal. When it is people will not have an excuse to be inhospitable, hostile threatening people like Sodomites outside lots door.

He's back.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 12:45:18 PM »

-Repeal the Second Amendment
-Constitutional Amendment banning Gay Marriage nationwide

Another reason to be thankful that most posters here will never get elected to public office.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2013, 09:34:41 PM »

If abortion is banned, we'll have far more Kermit Gosnells.
Wrong.  Contraceptives and adoption will still be legal.

Democrats don't know what adoption is and contraceptives to them are only political tools.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 10:36:55 PM »

Seriously.

This is a thread specifically for posting examples of people being asshats/ignoramuses/partisan hacks, not being one yourself.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 02:04:35 PM »

snip

The 1st Congressional District includes almost all of Cincinnati, except for its affluent eastern edge

The 2000 version carved nearly 60k people out of a city of 330k. Thus only about 82% of Cincinatti was in that version of the 1st district.

As usual, Krazen is correct. In some ways, the House is the only bastion of fair repiublican treatment with the Senate and Presidency being gerrymadered for the Democrats.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 02:14:23 PM »

The correct term is "suspect profiling." It is a necessary action by the police that is not racist, it only looks at types of people who are more likely to commit crimes. This is the central problem with political correctness, you can't call a spade a spade. Would you support pulling over disabled grannies?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 07:10:47 PM »

Is strawmanning all that liberals do? Neither I nor most police departmens have ever said that most blacks are criminals, only that an abnormally high percentage of them are. Skin color doesn't show how much of a criminal someone is, only how likely he is to be one.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 08:02:08 PM »

Let me tell you folks the story about a man who killed a teenage boy once.  He did it with a gun and there was nobody there to stop him.  He has a history of racism, bigotry, and discrimination and a very well established history of violence.  And not only that, but he got away with it.

Is this George Zimmerman I'm talking about?  No, it's Uncle Sam.  And not only has he done it once, he's done it many times over.

Where's your f***ing outrage over that?

That post is actually quite true, unfortunately.  But yeah, how dare anyone question our country's long history of human rights violations or imperialistic foreign policy decisions.  That just crosses the line.  Now, if it weren't for that pesky First Amendment on our books, we easily could have outlawed posts like that a long time ago.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 08:30:53 PM »

Just because we make different incomes, used to have slavery, and stereotype minorities doesn't make this country a bad place to live or an immoral place.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 09:00:51 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2013, 09:06:29 PM by Scott »

Just because we make different incomes, used to have slavery, and stereotype minorities doesn't make this country a bad place to live or an immoral place.
The reason I think you posted only part of what I said was because you wanted to take someone from the other party out of context, embarrass them, score a political point for yourself, and then make yourself feel more righteous as if you're one with the solution. Did anyone notice how I said more than what was cut and pasted by Scott? Well it's a couple posts above if you want to see.

Yeah.  Yeah!  That's totally it!  Nothing gets past you.  I'm just here to make people look bad and take them out of context, because no one here knows how to scroll up to see your stupidity in context.

Friend, I don't need to do anything to embarrass you.  You do a perfectly good job of doing that yourself, and that seems to be the consensus as of now.

Enjoy the ignore.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 07:28:49 PM »

I wouldn't want heaven if God lets Desmond Tutu in after that... Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2013, 09:22:18 AM »

If you took a poll of Americans his numbers would be the opposite of what they are on this forum.
I highly doubt that 80% of Americans would call him a horrible person.  In fact, the one thing his opponents concede is that he's a good guy with well-defined and consistent views, even though they disagree with them.  And among politically informed 20-somethings, Sanders is quite well regarded.  But if you did a poll of Americans, most wouldn't know who he is, frankly.

80% of Americans wouldn't call him a horrible person but they wouldn't vote for him either. Imagine if he ran for the governor of Texas.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 09:40:32 PM »

I can see the argument that the neighbor was racist or had malicious intent, but surely the police were just doing their jobs?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2013, 06:37:44 PM »

Not surprising. Religion is pox on humanity and a frequent shelter for hateful behavior.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies