The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:37:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 208635 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: May 24, 2013, 05:55:15 PM »

I suggest we name this one in Bushie's honor, after his most recent antics.

Anyway, does it really matter at this point?  I still lost 2 pounds as a result of the 4 sloppy joes.  I guess if I had starved myself by having just one tiny sandwich, I could have lost 3-4 pounds.  There is absolutely no use or no reason to keep bashing me over the head for a dinner choice when I actually benefited from it.  Unless, of course, you want to attack for the sake of attacking, which is mostly what this is all about.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 01:49:13 PM »

Don't you think you're maybe being a tad oversensitive?
Not at all.  Considering how the nativists in the 19th/early 20th century used the term as a slur, I don't think so.  It's like a conservative commentator calling a liberal black journalist by the N-word.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 09:20:05 AM »

A little bit of light trolling brings all the latent white supremacy out of the cracks, I love it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 04:43:14 PM »

Yes, of course. It's a disgusting racial slur, it's a name explicitly picked because it was a disgusting racial slur, and it is representative of an ugly period of racism and segregation in American sport.
The worst part is in bold.  

But in fairness to Lief, it was chosen by those evil racist Republicans, wasn't it?

Maybe actually learn about this before you go off sounding like an idiot, okay?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

(link)

The Redskins used to be called the Braves. Then their unashamedly racist owner changed their name to the Redskins to appeal to racists. This should be simple enough for even a moron to understand.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 05:35:26 PM »

What does that have to do with anything?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 05:59:18 PM »

It means the idea that he changed the name in order to appeal to racist Southerners is ahistorical nonsense.

The team name is racist, it was changed from a neutral name to a racist one, the man who changed it was racist and proud of it, and he marketed his racist team to racists. There's no way of proving what the guy's exact motives were, but it's pretty obvious.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 12:44:15 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 04:03:59 PM »

Yeah, but you don't get to decide what the connotations of words are. That's not how language works.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 04:27:24 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 08:21:53 PM »

If I said "f****ts should be able to marry each other" or "ns should be able to vote" then those are still bigoted statements, even though they're advocating legal equality. Ignoring "terminology" as inconsequential is ignoring a significant form of discrimination. It's great that you think that prostitutes should be legally protected, but it's also bad that you're using a slur to describe them at the same time.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 08:26:08 PM »

Sexual liberty is not a bad thing - you're right - but prostitution =/= sexual liberty.

Don't presume to judge for others - it is precisely that for some.  The sexism of you prude-leftists is shocking!

Funny how you've been arguing all along that it was no different from any other toil, but suddenly at a drop of a hat it's sexual fulfilment and how dare I (we?) judge!

Um... some people enjoy the job, some do not. Enjoyment of the job is strongly correlated with its legal status, its legal protections, working conditions, social stigma against the job, etc. Similar to any other job.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 05:52:52 PM »

Petition to delete all the Update threads and to permaban Bushie if he ever starts another one again.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 04:26:38 PM »

mods, please ban^^^
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 06:54:19 PM »

I'm hardly implying that only men want abortion to be illegal for that reason. Plenty of conservative women do as well.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 10:33:16 AM »

There are no concrete meanings or ideas that can be attached to symbols.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 09:00:21 PM »

Maybe Jefferson is. But otherwise, no, of course not.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 11:47:01 PM »

"Hmmm..." he pondered aloud, as he stared at his computer. "How to best to announce my return to the Atlas forum after a long hiatus?" And then it hit him, like an abusive husband hits his wife. He began furiously hitting away at the keys on his keyboard, like an abusive spouse furiously hits his or her spouse. Triumphantly, he hit down on the left mouse button--in much the same way an abusive spouse hits down on the battered mother or father of her or his children--posting the thread. "This domestic violence joke will really win them over," he smiled, like an abusive spouse smiles after abusing his or her spouse.

I'm Back yet again!

The Atlas is like an abusive husband!

You hate it for beating you but yet you run back to it anyways!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2013, 03:48:13 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 01:45:57 PM »

Petition to rename this thread after Snowstalker.

Certainly more fascinating (and probably more tragic overall) than the circlejerk Americans are having today.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 02:32:47 AM »

The root of black failures (for example) is primary cultural, and for trying to equalize everything doesn't make sense until THEY THEMSELVES do something about it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 08:49:35 PM »

Do we really want more woman posters if they are going to be like this one?
Quite frankly, all Republicans now are either racist or in denial about the state of their party.

I understand a lot of young posters here don't really care about issues and care more about the sport of politics than how policy actually affects lives. I get it. But the team you're rooting for in this sport is batsh**t insane now just so you know.

Well maybe that was a little harsh. I'm sure a lot just don't care about racism instead of actually being racist themselves. It's natural for people with that world view to be self centered after all. All I ever see from Republicans is making excuses and sweeping things under the rug when tragedies like this happen though.

Of course. Becca's just a straight-talker. Sorry if the truth offends you.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2013, 12:58:47 PM »

Our society is eventually going to go down one of two paths; the brothel or the burqa. My money's on the burqa.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 01:18:31 AM »

[Obama] was in danger of losing. Michael Barone who never missed a state until the last election had Romney at 315. The only poll that matters is Election Day.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 03:02:43 PM »

Yeah either word could be correct depending on what opebo meant to say, I'm pretty sure.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2013, 03:34:16 PM »

^^Thank you for posting your ignorance directly into the thread.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies