The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:40:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 208700 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 03, 2013, 08:34:53 AM »

If Oldies has his own thread, I think Krazy should have one too.

Seriously.  We had the "Krazen classifies the news" thread.  Why not his own deluge?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 01:19:17 PM »

If Oldies has his own thread, I think Krazy should have one too.

Seriously.  We had the "Krazen classifies the news" thread.  Why not his own deluge?

You guys do realize that Krazen enjoys nothing more than making everyone freak out, right?

I find him funny... that's why I thought he said have one.  The "Krazen classifies the news" thread was great. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 09:50:07 PM »

25 posts in and he gets here. 

If I gave you a 500 million transistor chip, would you say it evolutioned by Darwinian evolution or was it designed?   If I gave you a ten transistor chip from 40 years ago, would you say it evolved or was designed?
   DNA is more complex than that chip.  I wonder is it Darwinian evolution or design?

If one MUST believe that a 10 transistor (or even a 1 transistor) chip was created by design and not by evolution, then what's wrong with believing that DNA was created by a designer - GOD?

The DESIGNER created a coding system that can adapt to the environment so that the creature could survive even as conditions changed.

It seems that complex life (creating oxygen) existed as far back as the rocks can show around 3.7 billion years ago.  How did this happen?  Evolution could in no way, not, nada created these complex organisms in 0/instantaneous time.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 02:07:43 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2013, 02:15:24 PM by HockeyDude »

The reason people are at war against the zoo is because humans don't see themselves as an animal that is born naked Yes i said naked. and goes back to the dust like any animal. Don't see that refuse to be like Jesus who judged himself.  Don't judge yourself strike out at others. That is called warring if you don't know already.  zoosexuality would be legal had we not had jails that Jesus would look narrowly upon.

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 02:21:57 PM »

I don't think you did that right.

Better?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 10:50:12 AM »

I see a lot of people here clamming that the Northeast and the Midwest could be competitive in the future because the Democratic Party is performing poorly among whites.

While I agree that the Midwest would be more competitive in the future, I disagree that this is a case in the Northeast.

That the Democratic Party is losing the white vote is out of its control. The Democratic Party is strong in the Midwest because of unionized labor. Unions have been experiencing a deep decline especially in the Midwest and that mean that the strength of the Democratic Party in that region will recede.

The Democratic Party is a strong in the Northeast because the Northeast is very socially liberal. When the Republican Party embraced cultural conservatism, it alienated a lot of northeasterners and bring it to the Democratic fold.

As a result, while the Midwest will likely become more Republican, the Northeast will be unlikely to change significantly.

How is this a bad post? It's probably the most likely electoral map going forward.

I don't think he took kindly to a blue MN. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 08:59:11 PM »

I think we are all overlooking one very important aspect of this. If the Millennial Generation is considered to be those born in the 20 year age range of 1980-2000 or even a longer age range of say 1980-2010 or so, there can still be drastic differences in their upbringing and ideas on the issues.

For example, I am a Millennial. I was born in 1988. My very first memories of life begin in 1990/1991. I remember my parents enjoyed watching The Cosby Show, Empty Nest, Cheers, Night Court and L.A. Law. By the time I was in grade school, it was Seinfeld, Friends, Frasier and E.R. that seemed to dominate TV in my home. I remember my first trip to the movies after Thanksgiving dinner in 1992 to go see "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York". 

I remember historic events unfolding, from the trial of O.J. Simpson to Oklahoma City, TWA Flight 800 (which bombarded more news in the late Summer and Fall of 1996 than even did the Clinton/Dole election), Monica Lewinsky, Elian Gonzales (which dominated the news for much of early 2000), Bush v. Gore and then by the time I was in Jr. High and becoming a teenager, 9/11/01.

As far as music goes, I remember A LOT of Phil Collins, Paula Abdul and Whitney Houston music which by the time I reached my preteen years had disappeared in favor of Backstreet Boys, N'Sync and Britney Spears. During my childhood, Bruce Springsteen, Rod Stewart, Bryan Adams, John Mellencamp, Tom Petty and others that had blared from my parent's cassette tapes were having what was (atleast up to 2013) there last significant mainstream billboard hits.

The term "social media" was not nearly heard as much until I was already an adult. Indeed, when YouTube came about, I was already 17 years old. We didn't get a home computer until December 2000. I was in 4th grade when my school got computers in every classroom. I was a teenager outgrowing video games when they released Playstation 2. Indeed, Playstation and Nintendo 64 were the last video game consoles I ever had.

Compare all this with others close to my age in the Millennial generation. If they are 18 years old, born in 1995, and begin to remember life at the same time that I did (two-three years after birth), then their first memories would be from 1997 or 1998. HUGE DIFFERENCE. That means they have no recollection of O.J. Simpson or Jon Benet Ramsey. They never heard a new song by Rod Stewart or Tom Petty on the radio unless it was an oldies station. They shake their heads when you ask them about Cheers or L.A. Law or Empty Nest.

My "Nick at Nite" was The Bob Newhart Show, Bewitched, Happy Days, I Love Lucy, Welcome Back, Kotter and Taxi. By the time a "Millennial" who may be only six or seven years younger than me saw Nick at Nite, he would have seen The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Roseanne, Wings and The Cosby Show. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

While I was 14 years old at a rally for supporting the troops (and George W. Bush) in 2002, they were only seven year old kids, and by the time they were 14 years old, it would be 2009 and all they would know of George W. Bush would be that he just left office unpopular and that he couldn't open a door. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Also, our parents raised us differently. My father was born in 1955. There are 18 year old kids in my same generation with parents born the same decade I was. It can cause a major difference in someone's upbringing.

Don't simplify the Millennial Generation. The gaps are huge.

He should host a late 80s/early 90s nostalgia radio show.  He really should. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 06:32:20 PM »

What, I'm a stickler for party loyalty.

I voted for Reagan.  Obviously most of the presidents prior to FDR were good, since the government was small and could do little damage.  The one exception was Wilson - who is the second worst, after FDR.

Is this how one votes?  Just post?  Obviously I vote GOP.

Yes I can see that.....
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 06:40:08 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2013, 06:43:10 PM by HockeyDude »

What, I'm a stickler for party loyalty.

I voted for Reagan. Obviously most of the presidents prior to FDR were good, since the government was small and could do little damage. The one exception was Wilson - who is the second worst, after FDR.

Is this how one votes? Just post? Obviously I vote GOP.

Yes I can see that.....

That's Irony ore material - if you wanna use it, but plenty of posters change their ideological position, so quoting stuff from 2004 - when he was a Pub - isn't that relevant.

It's just funny.  And I'm not even calling it a bad post.  I'm just doing the ol' "reg. post in the Deluge" thing.  
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 11:40:28 PM »

I was being sexist?  How?  I made no gender distinctions.  Never heard the term "man whore" or seen the Rob Schneider movie?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 01:35:55 PM »

Using the term "whore" so loosely is pretty uncalled for.

Lol.  Alright, whatever. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 02:58:31 PM »

Using the term "whore" so loosely is pretty uncalled for.

Lol.  Alright, whatever. 

I'm just saying man, it's pretty bad to use such a negative term to describe someone freely going about expressing their sexuality

But, as you see, I find nothing WRONG with being a whore.  So for me, the word has no negative connotation whatsoever and I'm only using it because it fits my inflammatory writing style.   
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 10:13:42 PM »

What does 't' stand for, and why do so many people wear that letter around their necks?

Its a crucifix, the symbol for Christianity and/or redemption... and the Roman Empire's favorite way of execution... The crucifix can also be upside down like how Peter was executed, and there is another one, shaped as an "X"...

I know.  I was playing along with KRich's logic. Tongue

Oh... I thought you legit-ly didn't know... you know... because you're a D-NJ.... Even though your avatar is L-AR... (why is that?)

I, for one, fully support having a D-NJ avatar becoming synonymous with a complete lack of religious awareness on the Atlas. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 11:03:44 AM »

All of krazen's posts from this page on:https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=165252.100

Yup.  He's making absolutely no sense in that one.  Can't even take the "I'm an evil realist MUA HA HA HA HA" shtick seriously in that one because what he has to say is so absurd.  Especially the insinuation that Detroit's Top 2 employers being public sector has anything to do with it's dilapidated situation.   
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 07:24:20 PM »

My, my... Cory's musings on AIDS have certainly become one for the ages, no?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 02:29:10 PM »

Snowstalker has said he likes to try lots of ideologies.  Now he's on opebo. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 03:16:55 PM »

Snowstalker has said he likes to try lots of ideologies.  Now he's on opebo. 

I'm not familiar with the opebo that opposes the objectification of women. 

Objectification of women is not a political ideology. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 09:19:04 PM »

How wonderful it is to have a president who negotiates with foreign dictators, but not Americans who love this country dearly.

Ya know what?  Barfy-face actually started posting some things of value.  Now it's just regurgitated (yes, I meant to use that word) Fox News talking points.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2013, 04:45:39 PM »

The leftist love for Opebo is something I cannot comprehend. I'd expect it (and forgive it) in someone like Lief, but for other people, I honestly don't get it.....

Because he's hilarious and has a unique wit all his own.  His use of the English language has actually been somewhat influential to me.  I'm certainly more well-spoken after years of reading his posts on here.  

Politically, you can tell he's smart and "gets it" when it comes to many subjects.  

Finally, I will have a soft spot for just about anybody as anti-religion as he is.  
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 04:58:26 PM »

I almost vomited when I read this post:
The GOP needs to run on a platform that restores order to American society. That means less focus on tax cuts and more focus on stopping homosexual supremacism.

Hilarious because he attempts to sound provocative (oh, I'm sure my party wouldn't mind big government if it was competent!) before dumping this lowly turd upon the forum.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies