The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:06:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 209493 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 18, 2013, 05:10:03 PM »
« edited: July 18, 2013, 05:12:21 PM by Lt. Governor Cathcon (F-ME) »

I don't really know which one Cathcon is.  For me the R-MI avatars tend to blend into a general cloud of awfulness.

You serious?

And please, learn to read sarcasm. On a third note, the comment was directed specifically at Snowstalker, though I suppose you're not sure which one of the D-PA's he is.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 11:19:09 PM »

I guess so; I thought Snowstalker was D-MN.  Huh

You're thinkin' of Snowguy716, bro.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 02:41:29 PM »

Hate to get involved in the awful "discussion", but ill point out that as rape is about power and control usually instead of sex, there is probably no link between revealing clothes and rape at all. Which makes the whole insinuations even more uncomfortable.

Might I also point out that a jogging outfit of shirts and a tank top is probably more revealing than any "slutty" dress, yet is not controversial.

Look at me agreeing with BRTD, everybody.

Obviously no one's going to put their iPhone on a bench in a park and walk away, expecting it to still be there in an hour. But what does that say about society? What does it say about us as humans that we can't even be entrusted not to take what isn't ours? And we believe this is a Christian nation? Please, America doesn't have the faintest clue about Christianity.

Most Christians prefer not to be condescended to by the secular masses.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 02:56:36 PM »

Hate to get involved in the awful "discussion", but ill point out that as rape is about power and control usually instead of sex, there is probably no link between revealing clothes and rape at all. Which makes the whole insinuations even more uncomfortable.

Might I also point out that a jogging outfit of shirts and a tank top is probably more revealing than any "slutty" dress, yet is not controversial.

Look at me agreeing with BRTD, everybody.

Obviously no one's going to put their iPhone on a bench in a park and walk away, expecting it to still be there in an hour. But what does that say about society? What does it say about us as humans that we can't even be entrusted not to take what isn't ours? And we believe this is a Christian nation? Please, America doesn't have the faintest clue about Christianity.
Hate to be a dick to you Carl, because you are among my favorites here, but if you had the faintest clue about Christianity yourself, you would know that all humans are depraved. It is not a societal problem; it is a problem that taints every single individual living.

Speaking as a member of the depraved, this guy's probably right.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 07:51:29 PM »

Not talking about the Christians here, as this forum is home to some of the best examples of Christians there are.

My problem is with the fact that people don't live to respect their fellow man. I understand Christianity teaches about original sin and all that, but it's mostly about having respect for your fellow man and not needing worldly possessions idk

I'm a utopianist i guess

How can I respect my fellow man if apparently they'll take my iPod when I leave it on a park bench for an hour?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 08:40:45 PM »

Because they don't respect YOU if they do that. Which is my problem.

Don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I had my iPod stolen during school while I was in gym class. The person went into my backpack, dug through my belongings, stole my iPod, left my headphones and my cellphone.

That's why you don't respect thieves.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 09:02:41 PM »

This explains so much. Come join the dark side. Cynical ideologies are so much fun.

Quite.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 04:06:48 PM »

The one who's ideology doesn't involve killing me and my family for the sake of revolution.

You cannot say such horrible things of Groucho, the most influential thinker in History.
The fact that you think Karl Marx is the most influential thinker in historyis absurdity and ignorance in its own right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groucho_Marx
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 05:45:46 PM »

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 02:09:44 PM »

Vapid celebration of the objectification of women and the imposition of beauty standards on said half of humanity.
Such claptrap... as if women are obsessed with their appearance only because of men.  Far from the truth.  They are obsessed with their appearance because of other women.

Quit putting women on pedestals... they are just as flawed as you and me... and much of the suffering imposed on them that is often blamed on men is actually self imposed or imposed by other women.

Oh, and also.. just shut up.  Thank you.

It's not because of men per se. It's because of capitalism.

Stop blaming your own insecurities and weird hangups on capitalism.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 06:21:33 PM »

Not the point. New video games only cost about $60. That's barely over a dollar a day between now and its release. I make well over $60 even before bonuses and overtime and after taxes per day. A video game (as opposed to a console) should not have all your money going to it.

I don't have a steady income, like you. My primary source of income comes from doing chores. I'm spending my birthday money on CoD: Ghosts.

Get a job, bro.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 06:40:43 PM »

Not the point. New video games only cost about $60. That's barely over a dollar a day between now and its release. I make well over $60 even before bonuses and overtime and after taxes per day. A video game (as opposed to a console) should not have all your money going to it.

I don't have a steady income, like you. My primary source of income comes from doing chores. I'm spending my birthday money on CoD: Ghosts.

Get a job, bro.

I've applied to 15 different places and have yet to even get a call back, bro.

Well I'm glad to see you're applying instead of sitting around. Good for you man. If a friend of yours has a dad with connections in the steel industry, shoot for that.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 08:13:40 PM »

Oh, really?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 11:34:28 AM »

I would be a Nixon/Ford/GHWB Republican.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 06:20:25 PM »

It does indicate ignorance, but I don't see the absurdity or bad posting in it. I myself have no idea who those (likely awful) people are.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 06:31:47 PM »

It does indicate ignorance, but I don't see the absurdity or bad posting in it. I myself have no idea who those (likely awful) people are.

I'll forgive you for most of the Scandinavian PMs but Brandt, Wilson and Palme are clearly visible and that level of ignorance can't be that far off not recognising a photo of Mitterand.

Who in God's name has any idea who the Prime Minister of a Scandinavian country is?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2013, 12:49:47 PM »

I'm wondering what I'd ever be held accountable to know a damned thing about the leadership of some God-awful other country such as Scandinavia. For the love of all that is Holy, not only is Scandinavia not a country, but it's hardly something large and relevant, like, say, the USSR back in its heyday. I'm not here so I can discuss what wonderful crap happens "across the pond", and you'd be hard pressed to find a single comment of mine on anything international on this forum, and with good reason.

And yeah, I can name a vast amount of past presidential candidates in this country's history. That said, that's because this is America.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 03:46:41 PM »

Why is it bad if someone doesn't happen to have any friends with black skin?

This. Only some strange try-hard would go out of their way to leap over socio-economic barriers for the sake of diversifying their friends group. Almost seems like one of those things where a group of white characters in a show decide they need a "black friend" and start recruiting.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 08:54:45 PM »

I see nothing absurd about that.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 03:50:49 PM »

Good call, Snowdawg.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 04:19:40 PM »

I really never understood why people post timelines in this thread, unless we're grading them on grammar alone.  They don't have to be realistic.

The words of someone who's never really dabbled in the genre.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 08:22:52 PM »

The only real question is why "Social Darwinist" has negative connotations. And no, of course not. They lack the stomach for such a radical solution to society's problems.

Because there is an infamous group of social darwinists that dizcredited the ideas.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2013, 08:47:43 PM »

The only real question is why "Social Darwinist" has negative connotations. And no, of course not. They lack the stomach for such a radical solution to society's problems.

Because there is an infamous group of social darwinists that dizcredited the ideas.

Believe it or not, I understand it. It is nevertheless unsurprisedly absurd, ignorant, and downright awful.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2013, 09:57:44 PM »

That chick is kinda cute though.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2014, 11:37:48 AM »

Pages: [1] 2