The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:03:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 208650 times)
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: May 25, 2013, 06:07:33 PM »

Glad you posted that. Cheesy
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 11:51:34 PM »

britain, but due to terrorists, new hampshire...
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 03:12:34 PM »

Any power that Big Business has is only because they have manipulated Big Government.
Good point.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 05:09:46 PM »

Using the term "whore" so loosely is pretty uncalled for.

Lol.  Alright, whatever. 

I'm just saying man, it's pretty bad to use such a negative term to describe someone freely going about expressing their sexuality
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 04:28:25 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2013, 04:30:35 PM by Leftbehind »

Using the term "whore" so loosely is pretty uncalled for.

Lol.  Alright, whatever.  

I'm just saying man, it's pretty bad to use such a negative term to describe someone freely going about expressing their sexuality

I don't see how this is absurd, ignorant or bad. Before I understood that Hockeydude wasn't using the word negatively, I was just saying it's wrong to call someone a "whore" for freely having sex as they please. It's not a bad thing to have sex with whom you please. It's your own decision.

It was your summary of prostitution (and what underlines pejorative terms like whore) as describing "someone freely going about expressing their sexuality" that I was taking fault with - liberal fantasy land stuff. Sexual liberty is not a bad thing - you're right - but prostitution =/= sexual liberty.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 07:35:53 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2013, 07:40:29 PM by Leftbehind »

Sexual liberty is not a bad thing - you're right - but prostitution =/= sexual liberty.

Don't presume to judge for others - it is precisely that for some.  The sexism of you prude-leftists is shocking!

Funny how you've been arguing all along that it was no different from any other toil, but suddenly at a drop of a hat it's sexual fulfilment and how dare I (we?) judge!
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 09:55:25 PM »

Sexual liberty is not a bad thing - you're right - but prostitution =/= sexual liberty.

Don't presume to judge for others - it is precisely that for some.  The sexism of you prude-leftists is shocking!

Funny how you've been arguing all along that it was no different from any other toil, but suddenly at a drop of a hat it's sexual fulfilment and how dare I (we?) judge!

Um... some people enjoy the job, some do not. Enjoyment of the job is strongly correlated with its legal status, its legal protections, working conditions, social stigma against the job, etc. Similar to any other job.

Well if we were ever to remove the economic situation compelling people into prostitution, and eradicate the vicious criminals around it introducing trafficking, sexual slavery and children into it, I wouldn't have a problem with the minority wanting sex work of their own volition. But until then, we're supporting an appalling trade that totally commodifies humans, causes untold harm and none of those reforms would stop that.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 12:11:04 AM »

This will sound harsh but it's absolutely true and meant as a constructive criticism; the "a few families control all the" resources/banks/industries/media etc. line of rhetoric is essentially a dog-whistle for "Jews."  It's literally a sentence that could come right out of a KKK pamphlet circa 1920 (even back then such types often even used the "a few families" euphemism).

Now, I'm NOT accusing you of intentionally using dog-whistle language, just as most Republicans who talk about felons and welfare queens are truly not even aware that blacks might find that offensive.  Nevertheless, it's something I think a lot of left-wingers (and "populist" libertarians often even more so) do a little too often for comfort.

Similarly, why is it that Goldman Sachs is always the bank that is singled out for denunciation, even though it is one of the smallest of the major investment banks and had the least to do with the financial crisis?  Well, it's an appeal to the listener's subconscious biases.  If you mention the far larger and more culpable Citigroup or Bank of America, they might subconsciously wonder what you have against cities or America, whereas Goldman Sachs sure sounds like a coven of hook-nosed money-grubbers.

(Note: None of this is to imply I am a fan of Goldman Sachs or third-world corruption).
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 02:50:31 PM »

This will sound harsh but it's absolutely true and meant as a constructive criticism; the "a few families control all the" resources/banks/industries/media etc. line of rhetoric is essentially a dog-whistle for "Jews."  It's literally a sentence that could come right out of a KKK pamphlet circa 1920 (even back then such types often even used the "a few families" euphemism).

Now, I'm NOT accusing you of intentionally using dog-whistle language, just as most Republicans who talk about felons and welfare queens are truly not even aware that blacks might find that offensive.  Nevertheless, it's something I think a lot of left-wingers (and "populist" libertarians often even more so) do a little too often for comfort.

Similarly, why is it that Goldman Sachs is always the bank that is singled out for denunciation, even though it is one of the smallest of the major investment banks and had the least to do with the financial crisis?  Well, it's an appeal to the listener's subconscious biases.  If you mention the far larger and more culpable Citigroup or Bank of America, they might subconsciously wonder what you have against cities or America, whereas Goldman Sachs sure sounds like a coven of hook-nosed money-grubbers.

(Note: None of this is to imply I am a fan of Goldman Sachs or third-world corruption).

I hate to agree with wormy on anything... but he's actually quite correct here.  Talking about "a few families" controlling stuff is in fact a well-worn anti-Semitic dog-whistle, whether you can (or want to) hear it or not.  Sorry, bud.

So acknowledging wealth centralisation and its effects under capitalism is immediately filed under anti-Semitism because racists use it as an argument for something else? I suppose we can't acknowledge that our politicians are lobbied by powerful interests either, lest we wish to be compared to the jews-rule-the-world crew. Don't be absurd.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 06:25:33 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2013, 06:28:42 PM by Leftbehind »

"He celebrated Thatcher's death and he's not a fan of prostitution: I rest my case."

Do f**k off you tiresome tit.

No, you just need to find phrasing that doesn't have that sort of ugly subtext and baggage.  It's not that hard, really.

That baggage is a nonsense, and if we took that principle to its conclusion, half the right-wing arguments would be unavailable because fascists used them.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 11:59:43 PM »

You never know what those far-left/right weirdos will eat. Their elitist populism and ideology chock full of contradictions makes for a very confused and deranged worldview.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 06:09:50 PM »

It's not bureaucracy without government.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 04:51:40 PM »

Scott, honestly, I think you're a nice guy in real life. But with Syria, and like Antonio, you're boring. Stop being a hippi "oh my god war is bad". Maybe using chemical weapons eh? So honestly, you have the right to be opposed to an intervention, but a man supporting enthusiastically this intervention shall be respected and not being considered as "absurd".

For someone calling others extremist, you're quite blasé about going off to kill people. You don't have to be a hippy to regret, although ultimately support, warfare. War is bad, the only real question is whether the alternative is worse.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 05:04:36 PM »

Meh, supporting war is extremist? For someone who calls other people "extremist", strangely, I think it's not the case of Ben Smiley.

Enthusiasm =/= support.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 06:37:42 PM »

Van Badham's probably just envious that no-one thinks that she's attractive. On the other hand, I don't think one can deny that Mr Abbott's daughters are very pretty.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 02:41:45 AM »
« Edited: September 06, 2013, 02:44:03 AM by Patience-testing wank »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY#t=1m47s
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2013, 12:36:51 AM »

Three posts above yours.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 04:05:04 PM »

Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 06:45:38 AM »

You might as well replace the Communist Party of Greece with American Democratic Party. In fact your poll looks like the election ballot in the last two presidential elections.

Trololol.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 03:40:54 PM »

It appears you've confused this with the simple truths mine. Tongue
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2013, 07:35:41 AM »

That's where I'm at.  Maybe in another 50 years we will be able to support a certain percentage of the population as pure lay-abouts, but I don't think we've reached that point yet.  There are easy jobs that can be done by the welfare class that would only require a few hours a week (like 8 ) from the large pool receiving aid.  We don't have robots that clean trash on the highway, they can do that.  Same with pot holes in the roads.  I understand some of them have children that would need to be watched, well that's another job that needs to be done, child care for the working poor or those on aid out cleaning the spray paint off the underpass.  Whatever dumb guy labor that needs to be done.  I'd guess some of them might even have useful skills that can be put to use.  Hell, maybe it could even lead to real jobs....nah, that's crazy talk.

Why shouldn't they be asked to give a little back?
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2013, 12:47:40 PM »

I was an anarchist, I was an Antichrist, I did know what I want, but now I know how to get it. Oh and I don't want to destroy tthe passer-by anymore. I even say hello now and then.

what
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 02:36:15 PM »

Ninja'd. Wink
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2013, 06:17:26 PM »

Yeah, the only people in Europe the NSA should be gathering information on are Islamists, Neo-Nazis, dissident Irish Republicans, and related ilk. Although I guess the way they'd hypothetically do such a thing is to gather data on everyone and compare it to established "profiles" of the aforementioned people?

As far as we know, the NSA maintains a couple of installations on German territory, for instance the so-called Dagger Complex in Darmstadt. Currently, they're also in the process of building a new complex (the Consolidated Intelligence Center) in Wiesbaden. Just close them down and expel the people who work there. Can't be that hard to do. They're foreigners, revoke their residence permit for christ's sake.

That'd be really mean. Citizens of Canada, the US, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea, and the ROC should have the right to live and work anywhere in the EEA+Switzerland, and vice versa.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 12:32:22 PM »

And blaming people for their own poverty, but what do you expect from a middle-class libertarian? 
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies