The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:31:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 209311 times)
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: June 04, 2013, 09:54:30 AM »

Classic Naso, acting like his family is any sort of accurate indicator:

I was speaking with my mother and her husband last night, both Obama 2008 and 2012 voters and fans of Bill Clinton (although my mother less so) and we were discussing politics and brought up Hillary. Her husband said, "I don't think her health is that great" and my mom responded with, "Yeah she looks awful have you seen her lately?"

I think she's old news, personally. This idea that she triumphs Reagan or Obama style is a pipe dream.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 10:53:00 AM »

Classic Mike:

All I ever hear is "Ted Cruz is crazy" or "Rand Paul is unelectable" or "Chris Christie will never be accepted by the base" or "Jeb Bush? LOL"

How about we critique some of the Democratic contenders...

Hillary Clinton, vastly over-rated, 69 years old in 2016, Obama-era "scandals" hanging over her head.

Joe Biden, likely a weak candidate, 74 years old in 2016, a gaffe machine and clearly not ideal to bring out the minorities.

Elizabeth Warren, a liberal one-term Senator from Massachusetts, not aesthetically pleasing in the least, who'll be 69 years old in 2016.

Martin O'Malley and Brian Schweitzer are by far better choices, and for once it appears the Democrats may have old people who are not aesthetically pleasing at the top of their tickets. I'm tired of the bias on this message board.

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 10:59:17 AM »

"...clearly not ideal to bring out the minorities."

"...not aesthetically pleasing in the least"
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 01:42:40 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2013, 02:04:32 PM by Paul Kemp »

The return of kobidobidog:

The reason people are at war against the zoo is because humans don't see themselves as an animal that is born naked Yes i said naked. and goes back to the dust like any animal. Don't see that refuse to be like Jesus who judged himself.  Don't judge yourself strike out at others. That is called warring if you don't know already.  zoosexuality would be legal had we not had jails that Jesus would look narrowly upon.

People against zoosexuality are like religious people Jesus faced. They thought that warring against a person was a good work. Everyone should know that warring is not a good work.

Jesus would not be mussing about in his head thinking should this be legal or should that be legal. People against him thought that way. Jesus wanted people to judge themselves. Can't people do that? Asking whether zoosexuality can be legal is asking if sex can be legal.

Haters will war. The minority does not want to war. Wouldn't it be better to have more people that are not warring? People that war have unstable minds. Stable minded people will allow zoosexuality.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 02:11:52 PM »

I don't think you did that right.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 09:26:07 AM »

Hong Kong is far less repressive than our own totalitarian hellhole (for example, people are allowed to and regularly do protest in favor of the violent overthrow of the mainland Chinese government).  But then, you'd probably have to be some sort of college-educated fancy pants or something to figure that out.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 03:03:52 PM »

B, thanks to the IPU pressure the moderation has improved.

People actually take this IPU thing seriously and it's not just a running gag? WTF?

Yea, it's absurd to put it mildly.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 06:20:47 PM »

B, thanks to the IPU pressure the moderation has improved.

People actually take this IPU thing seriously and it's not just a running gag? WTF?

Yea, it's absurd to put it mildly.

Seems like an obvious joke to me.

One would think so.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 06:22:56 PM »

Not in the least. I daresay Snowden clued us in once and for all as to who the true terrorists are.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 07:11:30 PM »

Classic.

It is curious though that Naso doesn't mention anything about him going to High School on a computer?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 11:41:08 AM »

Because that is the math, even as the nation becomes less white. Why? Because there are still a lot of whites, and more of them are working class than you think. The nation overall is just not like Orange County, CA, or San Francisco, or Manhattan, or San Jose, etc.  It is more like Winchester, Virginia in fact, when it comes to working class whites. Working class whites ("WCW's") don't like big cities much anymore.

How can the Dems seal the deal?  The author says the old fashioned way, by the Dems returning to their roots and becoming the friends and neighbors of WCW's once again (and although the author does not say this, getting outside of their urban satrapies). It seems a bit of a buggy whip solution to me. Plus, the Dems don't want to live in Winchester. They don't live the lives of working class whites - and don't want to. They don't hunt. They don't really like to go to church that much although they may say they are religious. And just how often do you see them at High School football games? No, the Dems, and those who aspire to lead them,  want as it were to live in places like Whittier and Como in Minneapolis, to pick two hoods at random, not, and watch independent films.

So, for the moment, given the shape of the two competing coalitions, and unless the Dems get down and dirty in Winchester, the Pubs will tend to have the advantage in off year elections, and the Dems in POTUS elections, when persons of color, and youngs find the time to put down their bongs, and go out and vote in a way they don't in off year elections, which tend to be boring provincial affairs that seem sort of meaningless to them.

Emphasis my own.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 01:53:11 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2013, 01:56:35 PM by Paul Kemp »

A double whammy...

It's easy to see why they'd make that mistake though...

George Wallace's son - who has the same name - is mostly certainly a Republican these days.

Yea I was quite obviously trolling you so thanks for taking that bait.

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wallace,_Jr.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 12:06:18 PM »

This guy doesn't get it...

Maybe I could change the story line.  It generates 500 posts a week or so, 450 of those at least are diet related.  If my viewers will let me, I could try to change the story line that doesn't generate 90% of the Update.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 02:22:13 PM »

George Wallace's son - who has the same name - is mostly certainly a Republican these days.
Evidence, please?  And considering that Wallace had a change of heart on race after his assassination attempt, that doesn't really mean much.

After joining the GOP in 1998, Wallace Jr. gave speeches to the white supremacist Council of Conservative Citizens in 1998, 1999 and 2005, and has been a guest a few times on a white supremacist talk radio show.

He basically made the logical step that the less stubborn Southern racists (e.g. his father) didn't do, and finally join the welcoming home in the modern Republican Party.

What's inaccurate/absurd about this? All of those things are on record and in fact true.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 08:15:42 AM »

The media is a problem for Republicans. We have Fox News, talk radio and Drudge, but the bias in most media is overwhelming. You can't go on YouTube and search our politicians versus the Democrats:

george w. bush DID YOU MEAN:

george w. bush bloopers
george w. bush 9/11 speech
george w. bush library
george w. bush fool me once
george w. bush interview
george w. bush shoe attack

barack obama DID YOU MEAN:

barack obama vs. mitt romney
barack obama harlem shake
barack obama speech
barack obama rap
barack obama gangnam style
barack obama singing
barack obama correspondents dinner 2013
barack obama style

Both men were recent two-term U.S. Presidents, but Obama's searches seem in a much more favorable light than George W. Bush's search results.

Look at magazine covers. The weekend that Sarah Palin was selected as John McCain's running mate, before her convention speech or any sitdown interviews or debates, the cover of "Us Weekly" ran a scandalous, clearly negative cover of Palin. But just two months before, they ran a sweet cover of why "Michelle loves Barack" and how she "never misses the girls' recitals".

There could be a Democrat that says (hypothetically) that the Military is unpatriotic, or something like that. You'll never hear about it. Oh sure, FOX News will cover it, but all the liberals including many on this forum will laugh and mock it, "LOL @ FAUX NEWS".

But some stupid State Senator in Nebraska says something about abortion and it's heard by everyone. People who know nothing about politics are discussing it, and it affects their view of the Republican Party. It's like rigging a game, we never had a chance.

Search "Obama" on google image search and it comes up:

FUNNY  OBAMA LOGO  OBAMA SPEECH  OBAMA LOGO 2012

Search "Santorum" on google image search and it comes up:

BUTT  CRYING  ASS  LUBE

My question is, why? Almost 61 million Americans voted for the Republican nominee last fall, but if you go on the internet, you'd never know it.

How do we rise above such media bias? 

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 12:01:27 PM »

This thread is filled with so much awful:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=175577.0
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2013, 06:33:10 PM »

No, you just need to find phrasing that doesn't have that sort of ugly subtext and baggage.  It's not that hard, really.

That baggage is a nonsense, and if we took that principle to its conclusion, half the right-wing arguments would be unavailable because fascists used them.

Well...yea...
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2013, 06:09:38 PM »

Guys, calm down.  There are way bigger fish to fry than what sex JJ is.  There is absolutely no need to beat me up over something so trivial.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 05:28:00 PM »

I don't understand why some don't have Oldiesfreak on ignore.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2013, 09:24:32 PM »

barfbag is clearly another Krazen type. No need to pay any attention.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 08:32:39 AM »

Does Naso know Eminem is white...?

AH HA! You obviously didn't read what I said. I said they were judging people's content of character. Doesn't matter the skin color. I never mentioned skin color. See?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2013, 12:26:30 PM »

Technically that'd be fairly accurate for [insert music genre here], including and especially whatever dreck he currently subjects himself to.

No, there's very few people who listen to the same music as me who live in suburbs.

very few people you know*
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 02:30:37 PM »

That's almost as absurd as thinking "Carlos Danger" is a clever username.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2013, 08:28:04 AM »

I don't know what's going on here but I'm sure it's terrible.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 01:13:43 PM »

Never underestimate the ability of Atlas forum members to be overly sensitive handwringers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies