The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:55:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 208639 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« on: May 25, 2013, 05:54:28 PM »

It just got somewhat absurd with your special reasons for not liking the Democrats. But FT (funny/freedom thread). I enjoyed it a lot Smiley
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 12:35:48 PM »

If Oldies has his own thread, I think Krazy should have one too.

Seriously.  We had the "Krazen classifies the news" thread.  Why not his own deluge?

You guys do realize that Krazen enjoys nothing more than making everyone freak out, right?

Yeah, giving trolls their own thread is counterproductive.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 04:26:30 PM »

B, thanks to the IPU pressure the moderation has improved.

People actually take this IPU thing seriously and it's not just a running gag? WTF?

Yea, it's absurd to put it mildly.

Seems like an obvious joke to me.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 08:26:16 AM »
« Edited: June 14, 2013, 08:31:02 AM by politicus »

I also get migraines... My triggers are over-tiredness and stress... and they are actually one of the most common set of trigger factors.

Precisely. Migraines are caused by modern capitalist exploitation.

(opebo classic, but this one is more absurd than funny, so I figured it belonged here)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 01:52:38 PM »

What? It's true. White people, especially white Americans, are horrible. They're responsible for the vast majority of death and suffering and subjugation in the world. They arrogantly believe that they've achieved their wealth and power solely by themselves, conveniently ignoring the generations of slavery and discrimination other ethnic groups were forced to endure at their ancestor's hands. They are culturally decrepit, holed up in their garish, soulless and earth-destroying suburbs, appropriating the culture and music and food of more creative peoples. F*** white people.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 07:21:40 AM »
« Edited: June 15, 2013, 07:27:55 AM by politicus »

PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT "RACE" ON ATLAS EVERYONE.

Presenting a vaguely (unintentionally?) white supremacist post from politicus and an uncharacteristically truly awful, embarrassing post by mint. There's more and it's almost worse.

The Industrial Revolution and most of the technological and scientific breakthroughs that form the basis of today's advanced economy where created by white people.

Holding white people (ie Westerners) responsible for every humanitarian disaster in the rest of the world is ridiculous. Most victims of third world civil wars and atrocities as continued de facto slavery in places like Mauritania and Pakistan, oppression of women, gays and religious/minorities etc. owe their faith to traditions and prejudices emerging from their own cultures.
You cant continue to blame all the tragedies in the world on European/American imperialism. Asians and Africans enslaved, murdered, raped and tortured each other long before our palefaced ancestors arrived at their shores.

White people have created some of the most sophisticated and profound works of art, music, theatre and literature of any civilization.

Modern democracy and human rights (incl. the ideas of gender equality, antiracism and equal rights for sexual minorities) are the product of Western civilization.

Calling my post "vaguely White supremacist" is in itself absurd, so Ill repost yours here.

Saying that people of European descent have contributed a lot to the world and have a lot to be proud of can not in any reasonable way be called "white supremacist".
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 12:59:41 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2013, 01:06:41 PM by politicus »

Damn Africa, the racism is strong in that one. Reads just like apartheid propaganda - the Bantus need "Western civilization", or else they shall run wild and indiscriminately murder, rape, loot and run countries into the ground.

You are reading my post like the Devil reads the Bible.

Where do you get "the Bantus", "the "running wild", "running countries into the ground" and the "indiscriminately" stuff from? It is all in your imagination.
My point was merely, that atrocities and oppression happened before European colonization and continues to happen unrelated to anything Europeans or Americans did or do.

I know you wont, but you really should apologize for this attack. Its unsubstantiated and uncalled for.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 05:01:13 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2013, 05:19:07 PM by politicus »

Yes of course, it's a disgusting racial slur, just as the Cincinnati Bengals is offensive to tigers, the Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos are offensive to horses, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is offensive to pirates, etc.

Also everything Oldiesfreak1854 has ever posted.

Very true and thats why we made an Oldiesfreak thread to avoid this one from being filled up with his posts.

So I hope people will stop posting his stuff here.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 09:44:24 AM »
« Edited: June 17, 2013, 09:46:30 AM by politicus »

Its a good idea in principle, but too many people place posts here simply because they disagree with them.

Its a hard balance what belongs here and what doesn't. I try only to put things here that are absurd, that's the most objective of the three criteria.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 06:38:12 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2013, 08:08:08 PM by politicus »

Its a good idea in principle, but too many people place posts here simply because they disagree with them.

And, like all of these compilation threads, people comment instead of just posting quotes.

If people only posted real deluge worthy stuff the temptation to comment would be much smaller.  
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 06:38:45 PM »

What, I'm a stickler for party loyalty.

I voted for Reagan. Obviously most of the presidents prior to FDR were good, since the government was small and could do little damage. The one exception was Wilson - who is the second worst, after FDR.

Is this how one votes? Just post? Obviously I vote GOP.

Yes I can see that.....

That's Irony ore material - if you wanna use it, but plenty of posters change their ideological position, so quoting stuff from 2004 - when he was a Pub - isn't that relevant.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 05:17:48 AM »

Thats a valid opinion, hardly absurd or ignorant in any  way.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 05:51:13 AM »

Sounds like a Republican paradise. Gay hating and emailing business opportunities is effectively unregulated. Only problem is that most people are black.

On Nigeria.

Obviously a joke - and not a bad one.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 05:01:36 PM »

I think you're lost. This is "The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts", not "Stuff I Disagree With".

No, that's precisely what most of the contributions to this thread amount to.

I mean there's absolutely no debating it applies to 90% of the contributions here, but Oldies is by far the worst offender. Out of all the posts he's deluged, I've found only one that was an objectively bad opinion (and that was some NIXON WAS MORE LIBERAL THAN OBAMA post). The rest have been your average true leftist opinion that can be debated, and some have been sarcastic posts.

More like 75-80%, but that's also clearly worse than when I joined a couple of years ago, when it was about 40%. The Deluge is beyond repair now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies