Russell Feingold... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:58:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Russell Feingold... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Russell Feingold...  (Read 14310 times)
Notre Dame rules!

« on: February 23, 2005, 08:05:07 PM »

His being Jewish doesn't hurt him, provided that he is an observant Jew.  If he is Jew in name only, then he loses the faith and values issue from the start.

His being a liberal (call him progressive if you want, but he's still a liberal) will hurt him in every Red state and will cost him the close Blue states.

As for the GOP being the home of anti-semitism, I suggest that you look at the Arab-American and African-American communities first.  Those two groups exibit the most virulent anti-semitism in the country today, and if my memory serves correctly, they both voted overwhelmingly Democrat in 2004.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 08:22:37 PM »

The Democrats who are calling for a moderate are those who want at least a snowball's chance in hell of getting their candidate elected. 

However, I encourage you to go as liberal as you dare.  That will not only guarantee a GOP landslide in the Presidential race, but boost our margins in the House and Senate also.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 08:22:58 PM »

90% of whom knows it is wrong to ban gay marriage?  90% of the people who on the measure when it is on the ballot?  Not hardly!  Gay marriage is a losing issue among Dems, GOP, and Indy voters.   Name a single state in which the measure wasn't defeated in overwhelming margins. 

Do we need an amendment to state what marriage is?  I would hope not. 

Do we need a judiciary that  adjudicates existing law, rather than legislating from the bench?  I believe so.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 10:46:00 PM »

I dont care to much for gay marriage, but adoption is a different thing.  Id rather see a child in a loving home with two parents of the same sex than in a broke down orphanage or foster home.  As long as they DONT push their lifestyle on the child.

Could you tell me exactly in which way you imagine homosexual couples would "push" their lifestyle on the child??

Are you kidding?   Let's think about this.  A gay couple is bound to invite other gay couples over for parties, get togethers, and what have you.  That virtually guarantees  that the child will be exposed to gay culture far more than he/she would be exposed to traditional relationships. 

That's not a knock at gays, it's just simple fact.  Conversely, a straight couple tends to invite other straight couples over for the vast majority of their social functions, and we always hear about how gay children feel compelled by 'society' to conform to the mainstream culture.  How would a straight child living in a gay culture not feel the same pressures?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies