Advanced mapmaking for your timeline! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:02:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Advanced mapmaking for your timeline! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Advanced mapmaking for your timeline!  (Read 75700 times)
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« on: May 26, 2013, 10:57:02 PM »
« edited: May 26, 2013, 11:02:11 PM by HelpOklahoma »

Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 04:04:49 PM »

2020 New electoral numbers (from my timeline):

Blue:Gained
Red:Lost
Green:No change

(these are also my predictions for the new electoral numbers in 2020.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 09:24:37 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2013, 02:13:07 PM by EndermanOfFlorida »

LOL at Enderman's pipe dream of Texas gaining SIX EVs...

Actually it was another effect of the second bubble bursting in 2017 2015, Texas, Montana, Idaho, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi and Florida were all affected by the new, cheap houses there because of California, New York and Virginia's skyrocketing house prices... Oh and it did make Texas, Louisiana, Montana and Mississippi much more red (atlas red that is...) and others less blue.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 09:48:22 PM »

LOL at Enderman's pipe dream of Texas gaining SIX EVs...

Actually it was another effect of the second bubble bursting in 2017, Texas, Montana, Idaho, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi and Florida were all affected by the new, cheap houses there because of California, New York and Virginia's skyrocketing house prices... Oh and it did make Texas, Louisiana, Montana and Mississippi much more red (atlas red that is...) and others less blue.

Oh okay...I'll take the trade-off then. What timeline is this?

The Elections 2028-2088 one.... Actually I thought of doing 290 to win, but 300 is a "super-even" number so I picked that one, though it would have been more likely that it would've been 280 or 285 or 290, but I like the sound of having it be at 300.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 09:15:51 AM »

I still can't figure it out, unless I edit it in the browser :/

that's how you're supposed to do it Wink (sorry if you didn't get the memo Tongue )
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 07:21:26 AM »

How can you make those maps without using PhotoShop? I need to make maps for a timeline I'm working on.

okay this is how I always do this (and I promise I wont Alt+F4 you Wink ), you probably have one tab already open on the thread you are updating, so add another tab and Google (or Bing, Or Yahoo) the new tab to Atlas's Index Page... then if you look at the small app bar (the small pictures at the top) and go to the fifth one from the left, or the ninth from the right, (basically click the picture that has the calculator with the words: "evc" on it, so click that and it will take you to the EVC calculator!
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 12:23:32 PM »

How can you make those maps without using PhotoShop? I need to make maps for a timeline I'm working on.

okay this is how I always do this (and I promise I wont Alt+F4 you Wink ), you probably have one tab already open on the thread you are updating, so add another tab and Google (or Bing, Or Yahoo) the new tab to Atlas's Index Page... then if you look at the small app bar (the small pictures at the top) and go to the fifth one from the left, or the ninth from the right, (basically click the picture that has the calculator with the words: "evc" on it, so click that and it will take you to the EVC calculator!
Thanks! Really appreciate it! But, there's one small problem. How do I get the maps from 1789-1836?

To tell you the truth, I don't know... I think that Cathcon or BK might know! But for now, try this:

Just as a test, the 1800 election, placed over 1840. Orange = Democratic-Republican, Green = Federalist.

^note that using 1 as the percentage value makes it clear (and no EV number shows up in state). 0 shows white.

Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 03:27:25 PM »

Here's my prediction of the new map with the 2020 Census (and 2024 prediction)

Florida+1
Arizona+1
Georgia+1
Hawaii+1
Nevada+1
Colorado+1
Virginia+1
Texas+2

California-1
Indiana-1
Michigan-1
Arkansas-1
New York-1
Ohio-1
Iowa-1
New Jersey-2
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 05:16:56 PM »

In what bizarre world does IL gain EVs and VA lose EVs?

Well, for one, that map is circa 2013, when I was in the first few months of my being here, so I was only starting to know about electoral politics. Tongue Second, the Mississippi and Lousiana gaining votes, as well as states like Idaho and Montana gaining some again are complete crap. So much for my 2013 predictions lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies