Advanced mapmaking for your timeline! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:41:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Advanced mapmaking for your timeline! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Advanced mapmaking for your timeline!  (Read 75709 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: May 25, 2013, 08:46:37 PM »

I saw this awesome post by Pessimistic Antineutrino and I'm giving it a dedicated thread to give it the attention it deserves. I wondered for years before I figured it out and I'm sure this well be plenty of help to you guys. Smiley

By the way, changing the color to orange is actually pretty simple. Open the map link in another tab. (Just copy/paste the url minus the img tags.) In the url you should see something like this:

AL=2;9;6

This shows the state abbreviation followed by its color, number of EV's, and percentage of vote (divided by ten). This way you could do away with the calculator itself and freely manipulate values on the map itself.

In this map, I made Alabama 30% yellow with 1 EV. The key for colors is as follows:

0=gray
1=red
2=blue
3=green
4=yellow
≤5=orange

In this map, I made several states varying shades of orange. By changing the value of percent, I can access 20% shade, which was used for "No Vote" before the Civil War. I have California chaded in the manner, with Nevada next to it in 30%. By using a percentage value lower than 2 or higher than 9, the state becomes white, like I did with Colorado.

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 11:48:33 PM »

I know this is as late as all get out, but to get the older maps, simply change the part that says year=2012 (or whatever number) to the year you want it to be.

For example, here's a map posted by PolitiJunkie above:

And here's the same map, except I changed the year to 1824!

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies