The Federalist Rift: An Innovative Solution by Prof. Cathcon
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:32:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Federalist Rift: An Innovative Solution by Prof. Cathcon
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Federalist Rift: An Innovative Solution by Prof. Cathcon  (Read 1610 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2013, 09:30:09 AM »

Ah, I knew this would happen. Most excellent.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2013, 10:02:24 AM »

If you literally stand for nothing, why even bother? At this point you're just a pan-ideological social club.

which you had no problem with when you were in one.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2013, 08:04:13 PM »

Also why is that the left wants to merge all the time? Loose an election? Merge. Win an election? Merge anyway.

Poppycock. The only merger that has occurred post-dissolution was the merger of the Whig Party and the Imperial Bloc. The rest is ancient history. Tongue

How quickly we forget things we didn't support (I feel the same way about them as I do about dissolutions). Technically the UDL may not have merged back into the JCP, officially (I can't remember off hand), but the practical effect after February 2011 was the same.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2013, 05:10:28 PM »

We're ignoring something that's pretty pivotal here. When is the last time it mattered a snowball's chance in hell who the president was? I know that sounds terrible, but seriously: Marokai has accomplished next to nothing

I'm sorry, but, what? I haven't managed to turn this game upside down, but under my term we've certainly enacted more actual gameplay changes and forum affairs tweaks than most before me for at least two years. I want to get the regional board stuff, the Common Market enacted and integrated into the game, and work hard to get the activity requirements Amendment ratified before the end of my term, so there's still stuff to be done, but glossing over the importance of having someone in the bully pulpit at the top, fighting day and in and out in public and private to gets certain things passed literally cannot be stressed enough.

Presidents have a unique power in being able to call and hold attention to specific things, even if they can't change everything they want purely by themselves, and you should elect a President to, if nothing else, hold a spotlight on the issues that matter the most so something will change eventually. Electing someone out of apathy or frustration couldn't be more stupid.

I've been dealing with, among other things, close family friends dying, an incarcerated sibling making arrangements to get out of said incarceration when it soon ends, and losing the home my family lives in, so forgive me not having a very close grasp on the farce that is this current Presidential campaign, but can we all have a reality check here? You don't elect someone for the hell of it. "Win at all costs" is not a responsibly strategy.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, as it couldn't be more relevant in the middle of a campaign where Oakvale is apparently claiming to be The Hero We Need. Those who claim "this is just a game, whatevsky," tend to take the game abnormally seriously in the worst ways. Napoleon should show that to you. Tmth should show that to you. You all know better than this.

First off, I'd kindly respect if my past inactivity was not an issue in this campaign. The problems I faced that caused me to sporadically become inactive have been dealt with in my life through some pretty serious events you're no doubt aware of.

I'm sorry, by why shouldn't this be an issue? I understand why you've had problems in the past, but that doesn't mean it ever seems to stop becoming a problem. At some point, you're the one that keeps choosing to participate over and over again and ending up in the exact same position. Not expecting that to be an issue is ridiculous, it is the most important thing.

"Unorthodox" is an extraordinarily generous term for a ticket comprised of someone who openly claims to not give a f**k about the game and basks in it's absurdity, and someone who serially disappoints due to chronic activity issues and biting off far more than he can chew. At some point bulls**t has to be called; this is a deeply cynical campaign, taking advantage of a party that would murder their own mothers if it won them the Presidential election and banking on the support of those who barely pay attention.

Everyone seems to always claim to hate the cheap tactics that go on in this game. Hagrid claims to hate sleazy electoral tactics, but only when they don't benefit them, Oakvale claims to hate Napoleon's near sociopathic obsessiveness, but can't ever seem to give this place up. Everyone seems to privately loathe the legends of Hamilton's mischief making, but no one ever remembers the lessons from it all. Don't do what's convenient, do what's right. A lot of you guys are just straight-up better than this.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2013, 05:17:53 PM »

More importantly than the above rant, the premise of this thread is easily refutable. There is no rift - the winner of the primary will, I assume, lead a united party.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2013, 05:22:36 PM »

I'm very sorry to hear about everything you're going through right now Marokai. Sad I hope everything turns out okay.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2013, 05:38:02 PM »

Why is this being labeled a rift? A primary isn't the end of the world. From all intents and purposes, the winner will be their nominee.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2013, 10:17:41 AM »

I'm very sorry to hear about everything you're going through right now Marokai. Sad I hope everything turns out okay.

I appreciate it, BK. And after my term ends, I'll be taking a break from Atlasia so I don't force myself on this game when I know I'm not at my best to participate in it; as one should do.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies