RI-Gov: Chafee switching to Dems (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:44:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  RI-Gov: Chafee switching to Dems (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RI-Gov: Chafee switching to Dems  (Read 1296 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« on: June 03, 2013, 08:31:53 PM »

Before you start commenting, guys, remember that Rhode Island had 16 straight years of GOP governors before Chafee became governor.  I mourn this loss more than just about any Republican; if it weren't for the ideological purity hacks (including the Tea Partiers), then he might still be a Republican today.

RI had republican Governors when republicans were able to win in New England. I think Mississippi and Arkansas have also had 16 straight years of Dem. Governors.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 10:55:45 AM »

Before you start commenting, guys, remember that Rhode Island had 16 straight years of GOP governors before Chafee became governor.  I mourn this loss more than just about any Republican; if it weren't for the ideological purity hacks (including the Tea Partiers), then he might still be a Republican today.

RI had republican Governors when republicans were able to win in New England. I think Mississippi and Arkansas have also had 16 straight years of Dem. Governors.
Mississippi and Arkansas had about 100 straight years of Dem governors after Reconstruction.

I know. And that doesn't mean they have a chance today. The same happens in RI, republicans can win 3-way races with some luck. But they couldn't even defeat Ciciline.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies