The 10 biggest federal income tax breaks (and how much they cost) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:39:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  The 10 biggest federal income tax breaks (and how much they cost) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 10 biggest federal income tax breaks (and how much they cost)  (Read 3464 times)
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« on: June 28, 2013, 02:17:00 PM »

The mortgage interest deduction is one of the absolute worst pieces of public policy America has.

And of course the preferential rate for capital gains and dividends (as well as the exclusion of assets transferred at death) is also pretty bad.  I don't think its collateral effects are nearly as corrosive, but it is a massive giveaway to people who need it the least.

I'm mostly okay with the other tax breaks listed here, actually.  
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 11:10:15 AM »

I'm generally a bit resigned - I've been on this forum long enough to know that people generally aren't that interested in learning things that would force them to change or revise their opinions.

Oh, and I should add that I noted the sarcasm, I just chose not to engage with it. Wink

I know people on here often get upset when their ignorant rants aren't met with tremendous respect and treated as informed opinions. So apologies to those who feel offended and so on.

Wow, smug condescension and the canonical "neener neener I'm still right" non-apology.  Are you trying to get people to disagree with you?

(Protip: some of us actually do want facts and evidence, and are willing to change our opinion.  But poisoning the well isn't a great way to present your case, dude.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies